Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,189 members, 7,864,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

Shingles: Help!!! This Skin Disease Is Driving Me Nuts. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Shingles: Help!!! This Skin Disease Is Driving Me Nuts. (642 Views)

This Skin Infection Is Killing My Joy Everyday / Man’s Affairs With Five Married Women Ends In Mysterious Skin Disease / I Have This Skin Disease And I'm About To Get Married... Help Needed!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shingles: Help!!! This Skin Disease Is Driving Me Nuts. by DasaintHope(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
Good day Nairalanders. I started experiencing what I could call rib pains on my right rib cage last Friday GMT +1. Considering my Job I assumed I had fractured my ribs somehow without knowing, but the pain persisted till Monday that was when I started observing this rashes in clusters along my rib cage. I later found out from a Medical examiner on board that it is shingles caused by a dormant variant of chicken pox. He also said there was no cure, just to manage the symptoms till it dissapears. He gave me an Antifungal/ corticosteroid cream to apply, one other drug and paracetamol to take. Note this is because there is a shortage of Medical supplies. The rash keeps increasing and the pain is getting worst. I have attached a photo of my condition as of this morning, pardon the image quality its from an outdated computer camera. Please Guys has anyone experienced this before? How do I handle the pain as in what pain relief drug should I use for the mean time as I am planning on Seeking Medical help in Equatorial Guinea where we'll be ashore in 72 hours.

Dominique
Lalaaticlalala
I'd appreciate if this gets to FP.

1 Like

Re: Shingles: Help!!! This Skin Disease Is Driving Me Nuts. by TheStakeHolder(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Several antiviral medicines—
acyclovir, valacyclovir, and
famciclovir —are available to treat
shingles and shorten the length
and severity of the illness. These
medicines are most effective if
you start taking them as soon as
possible after the rash appears.

1 Like

Re: Shingles: Help!!! This Skin Disease Is Driving Me Nuts. by DasaintHope(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Several antiviral medicines— acyclovir, valacyclovir, and famciclovir —are available to treat shingles and shorten the length and severity of the illness. These medicines are most effective if you start taking them as soon as possible after the rash appears.
Thanks appreciate.
Re: Shingles: Help!!! This Skin Disease Is Driving Me Nuts. by angelfallz(m): 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
Re: Shingles: Help!!! This Skin Disease Is Driving Me Nuts. by Bolanlevivian: 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Please go an herb seller and ask for herbs for it. I heard that it has no cure, and it is deadly

(1) (Reply)

This Is Cheatin. Tell Me. / Shaking Shaking: / Meditation's Healthy Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.