Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Apapa Port Wahala - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Apapa Port Wahala (2492 Views)

Clear Your Consignment With Ease Via Tincan, Apapa Port / Tokunbo 1999 Sienna - Apapa Port - Fabric Seat @ Www.largemanmotors..com / Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry 2.1m (lagos Apapa Port) 08027156524 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apapa Port Wahala by dotman(m): 9:48am On Jun 30, 2011
I just cleared a container at the apapa port with N2.6m. the content of the container comprises of 3cars, 1 toyota corolla, rav 4 nd a kia jeep.

those guys milked my life, kept on demanding for more nd more till d car entered demourage , had to pay for that again. In the end it does it even worth it again.
Re: Apapa Port Wahala by shola4: 10:03am On Jun 30, 2011
that is nigeria for you my brother
Re: Apapa Port Wahala by femmy2010(m): 11:03am On Jun 30, 2011
dotman:

I just cleared a container at the apapa port with N2.6m. the content of the container comprises of 3cars, 1 toyota corolla, rav 4 nd a kia jeep.

those guys milked my life, kept on demanding for more nd more till d car entered demourage , had to pay for that again. In the end it does it even worth it again.

[b]Your experience was a sad one indeed but would advice you follow those 3 stated below for future shipments.

1 Always confirm clearing cost before shipment as this would allow you know if RORO or containerizing it would be your best bet.

2 Dont get get carried away by an unbelievable low quotes many a agent quote to attract clients after the first deposition they come up with more reasons to get more funds(They are sure there is no going back for you).
And this would also allow the Clearing agent safeguard any items of commercial value placed in the vehicles.

2 Always make sure the Bill of lading and funds gets to your clearing agent a few days before the vessel conveying the vehicles arrive at the Lagos port.This would allow the clearing agent place hold down the shipment at Tin Can port before it is transferred to a Private terminal(Meaning more payments).

Adhere strictly to these advice and you would have a happy clearing experience.

For future clearing needs.
Call Femi on 08036363467 or email duduconsultt@yahoo.com
[/b]
Re: Apapa Port Wahala by sultaan(m): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2011
There is no such thing as happy clearing experience, you guys got used to soo much evil in Nigeria, the concept of things working as planned does not exist.What part of 20% duty is N2.6m on 3 used cars? Low end Bearters!
Re: Apapa Port Wahala by femmy2010(m): 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2011
@Sultan,I am sure the concept of things working as plan exist in Nigeria when you deal with a trust worthy hand.
Re: Apapa Port Wahala by shawonlese: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
Except if there were other things in the container, those 3 cars could have been cleared with just 1.4m if shipped via RoRo
Re: Apapa Port Wahala by abig28: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2011
Hi. Clearing Agents kindly provide me with a chart showing the break down of the process, e.g.:
What will it cost to clear a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 (as shown below).
I need a reliable agent ASAP with the following:

• Phone or cell #
• Email addresses
• Business Profile

Body Style Sport Utility
Mileage 103,056
Exterior Color White
Interior Color Black
Engine 8 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission 4 Speed Automatic
Drive Type 4 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type Gasoline
Stereo AM/FM Stereo
Doors Four Door
VIN#:                           1J4GW68N8XC602891

Installed Features
Driver Air Bag
Anti-Lock Brakes
Air Conditioning
Alloy Wheels
Cruise Control
Child Seat
Passenger Air Bag
Rear Window Defroster
Power Seats
Leather Seats
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Windows
Power Steering
Side Airbags
Sunroof

Re: Apapa Port Wahala by sultaan(m): 12:15am On Jul 02, 2011
They said its around N300k for SUV, how they pulled that out of the air I can't say.

I think Inspired cleared a car in Europe recently and things were not that difficult I believe.

The problem with Nigerians is they think everything comes down to how much paper they make, but the whole economy is revolving around crude oil, and extortion of importers.

South Africa has gone far ahead of Nigeria nobody has any plan for an economy at <$50 barrel of crude.

Its not they duty cost that irritates, but the fact that over N200k of that money will be stolen by individuals.
Re: Apapa Port Wahala by hiltino: 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
Hello folks please anyoone with useful information on the cost of clearing a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Baeur Edition.
Re: Apapa Port Wahala by Joemetry(m): 3:09pm On May 12, 2020
Please Sir, I need help on how to get internship in the port or any other hustle in that place, I really need guidance.

Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Naija Used Passat Volkswagen 2008 Model(2.0mill) / REDUCTION Nissan Maxima Regstrd For Grabs @479k. HURRY / A Registered Rav4 For Sale,1999 Model.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.