Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit (1261 Views)

NDLEA Begins Nationwide Crackdown On 'Laughing Gas' Nitrous Oxide / Beware Of Gocash Loan App. / More Nigerians Nabbed As Ghana Immigration Begin Nationwide Crackdown (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Antoeni(m): 7:52am On Mar 12, 2022
At least seven digital loan companies operating in Ikeja, Lagos, were raided in a joint operation with the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) on Friday for a “possible violation” of consumer rights.
The operation led by the commission’s boss, Babatunde Irukera, was in response to several complaints of malpractices on the part of the lenders.

The companies – GoCash, Okash, EasyCredit, Kashkash, Speedy Choice, Easy Moni – owned by Blue Ridge operate on the third floor of a four-storey building in the area.

During the operation, Mr Irukera told the over 800 employees of the purpose of the raid and their rights. Soko Loan, another lending company, operates in another location in the area with over 150 employees and some of its employees protested the seizure of their equipment.

The operations were carried out by the FCCPC, Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), and the Nigeria Police Force (NPF). Addressing the press, Mr Irukere said the loan companies rose to prominence due to the economic impact of the COVID-19 lockdown. “Because people were on lockdown due to the pandemic, people started needing small easy loans which is understandable.

“But over a period of time, people started complaining about the malpractices of the lenders so we started tracking it.

https://www.legit.ng/politics/1459814-online-loan-sharks-trouble-fg-begins-massive-crackdown-raids-gocash-okash-easycredit-others/[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Antoeni(m): 7:54am On Mar 12, 2022
Those people cause more damages than good, how can you borrow 27k and you are expected to 35k withing 7 days and they kept adding 1600# daily for default

5 Likes

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Antoeni(m): 7:56am On Mar 12, 2022
Dear FG, next time don't just raid them, Invade them.
This people keeps calling me everytime with different lines & foreign lines self asking me to talk to One unknown person like that to pay
them... Person wey I no even know oo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Hector09(m): 7:57am On Mar 12, 2022
The customers are the real problem here, u read the terms and conditions of loan...yet u still apply for it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Antoeni(m): 8:04am On Mar 12, 2022
Well its obviously you have no idea of their criminal conduct and how they blackmail citizens to extort high interest through threat of defamation.
Hector09:
The customers are the real problem here, u read the terms and conditions of loan...yet u still apply for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by baretalk: 8:10am On Mar 12, 2022
Good, Nigeria citizens must be protected.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by DonBenny77(m): 8:15am On Mar 12, 2022
Hector09:
Shut up loan agent, when these agent call and start threatening before the due day embarrassing customers, messaging their contacts even before 7 days. Who violated terms and conditions first?

6 Likes

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Antoeni(m): 8:19am On Mar 12, 2022
Hector09 Please Answer
DonBenny77:

Shut up loan agent, when these agent call and start threatening before the due day embarrassing customers, messaging their contacts even before 7 days. Who violated terms and conditions first?
Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Obagofixxy: 8:21am On Mar 12, 2022
I nearly one collect loan that year from these people ohhhh, but thank God I no try am, very wicked set of people
Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by SportsHD: 8:29am On Mar 12, 2022
It's not that this raid would make them better, these EFCC just wants to collect their share of the bribe. It's not that they're going to stop them from sending death threats and obituary threats to customers.

Or didn't CBN sanction okash 10million sometime last year?

1 Like

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Plus10(m): 8:42am On Mar 12, 2022
Good, finally. People lost their lives and jobs due to their inhuman mode of loan recovery .
Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Plus10(m): 8:43am On Mar 12, 2022
Obagofixxy:
I nearly one collect loan that year from these people ohhhh, but thank God I no try am, very wicked set of people
You made the right choice bro.Those people are heartless!

1 Like

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Obagofixxy: 9:21am On Mar 12, 2022
Plus10:

You made the right choice bro.Those people are heartless!

I was in need of money then, I was trying it and the server was giving me issues, I stopped trying it, until I started reading the evil there were doing to people, I said thank God ohhhh

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by Antoeni(m): 9:37am On Mar 12, 2022
They Are Evil Loan Houses
Obagofixxy:

I was in need of money then, I was trying it and the server was giving me issues, I stopped trying it, until I started reading the evil there were doing to people, I said thank God ohhhh
Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by hily070: 11:38am On Mar 12, 2022
Unreasonable set of people, collect some money from them with high interest,am not even bothered about the interest by the time I delayed 2days ,they started calling everyone on my contact, my family, church members, boss even my Ex...no wonder some commit suicide for this reason..but as a naija born I told them to go and collect the money from all the people they send my picture too... cool grin grin angry

4 Likes

Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by SandraIkuboR(f): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
No be still the same Nigeria we dey??
Small money wey Dem go pay them now dey don leave them dey operate again

It's because they know Nigeria is lawless that's why they kept on operating.....LMAO
Antoeni:
At least seven digital loan companies operating in Ikeja, Lagos, were raided in a joint operation with the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) on Friday for a “possible violation” of consumer rights.
The operation led by the commission’s boss, Babatunde Irukera, was in response to several complaints of malpractices on the part of the lenders.

The companies – GoCash, Okash, EasyCredit, Kashkash, Speedy Choice, Easy Moni – owned by Blue Ridge operate on the third floor of a four-storey building in the area.

During the operation, Mr Irukera told the over 800 employees of the purpose of the raid and their rights. Soko Loan, another lending company, operates in another location in the area with over 150 employees and some of its employees protested the seizure of their equipment.

The operations were carried out by the FCCPC, Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), and the Nigeria Police Force (NPF). Addressing the press, Mr Irukere said the loan companies rose to prominence due to the economic impact of the COVID-19 lockdown. “Because people were on lockdown due to the pandemic, people started needing small easy loans which is understandable.

“But over a period of time, people started complaining about the malpractices of the lenders so we started tracking it.

https://www.legit.ng/politics/1459814-online-loan-sharks-trouble-fg-begins-massive-crackdown-raids-gocash-okash-easycredit-others/[img][/img]
Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by OGwales(m): 9:25am On Mar 13, 2022
This is the best news so far in this 2022.
Re: Online Loan :FG Begins Massive Crackdown, Raids On Gocash, Okash, Easycredit by AlphaWolf27: 1:36am On Mar 14, 2022
Hector09:

So if the terms state that if you can't pay they should come to your house and murder you, thats fine by you. Thats why there are consumer protection laws d$mb a$$

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Domestic Violence: Popular Lagos Businessman, Ivd’s Wife, Bimbo Is Dead / Okeite: The New Charm Killing Yahoo Boys In Igboland Today / Loyalty Prank Gone Wrong, Lady Destroyed Man's Car After This. (Bad character)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.