Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

An Admonition For Young People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Admonition For Young People (7518 Views)

Types Of Sexual Acts Young People Should Avoid / About The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / 4 Major Things Ruining Young People Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Admonition For Young People by Interesting15: 6:55am On Mar 13, 2022
"I have written to you, young men (young people), because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the wicked one" 1 John 2:14

In the above verse, the Apostle John, by the Holy Spirit, was able to identify three things which should contribute to our identity as young people (as healthy young people).

First, he mentioned the strength of young people. Of course, a healthy young person is physically stronger than the elderly one. However, since the Apostle John, at the point of writing this, was in the realm of the Spirit which is above this material world of ours, his expressions wasn't limited to simply the things we know in our own realm here. Hence, when he was taking about being strong, he wasn't limiting himself to mere physical strength.

Apostle John was trying to draw our attention to the fact that it is the destiny of every young person to have divine strength and stamina. One major expression of divine strength is the capacity to stay in the presence of God continually. Simply put, as a young person, you have the inherent potential and ability to have a pleasant relationship with God right from the days of your youth - notwithstanding the hindrances and distractions prevalent today.

How is this possible? The second statement gave us the key: "... because the word of God abides in you". You see, the Word of GOD is all you need to establish a right relationship with God your Maker, and it is what will sustain you in Him, even in this dark world.

And I'm pleased to announce to you that Jesus Christ is the Word of GOD. Jesus must dwell in you if you would maximize your potentials as a "strong" youth. Hence, it is your destiny to embrace Jesus Christ as LORD and Saviour today. Simply open your heart and ask Jesus for mercy today.

Additionally, Jesus Christ has made Himself so accessible through the written word of God (the Bible). Hence, ensure you constantly saturate yourself with scriptures, and your spirit and soul will always be empowered.

Finally, this verse reveals that every young person has the potential to overcome the evil one. How? Through the Word of GOD! You are not meant to be a slave to the devil and anything else negative - sickness, poverty, failure, sin, hell, and so on. But this can only be possible when you have a righteous relationship with God in Christ Jesus, where you become empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Open up yourself to the LORD JESUS today. It's your destiny to have a righteous relationship with God that is eternal in nature through Jesus Christ. This is what empowers you to have dominion over creation. GOD bless you in Jesus Name. Amen.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/03/an-admonition-for-young-people.html

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Admonition For Young People by Interesting15: 6:57am On Mar 13, 2022
Happy Sunday everyone. Jesus loves you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Admonition For Young People by Interesting15: 6:57am On Mar 13, 2022
lalasticlala
Re: An Admonition For Young People by AntiChristian: 7:45am On Mar 13, 2022
Checking the Bible since all this while looking for where Jesus specifically told anyone to accept him as Lord and savior but I could not find it.

I continued checking for where Jesus specifically called himself God or three in one God of trinity, yet i couldn't find it.

So Jesus is a man approve by God but not God.

He is the son of Mary not God.
Re: An Admonition For Young People by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2022
All young people learn to pay your thithe no matter d situation and it shall be well with u

1 Like

Re: An Admonition For Young People by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:29am On Mar 13, 2022
All young people learn to pay your thithe no matter d situation and it shall be well with u and things won't be tight for u
Re: An Admonition For Young People by Dtruthspeaker: 8:47am On Mar 13, 2022
AntiChristian:
Checking the Bible since all this while looking for where Jesus specifically told anyone to accept him as Lord and savior but I could not find it.

That is what "Follow Me" means.

When you were traveling and youFollow a person who takes you safely and goodly to your destination, has the person not saved you?

AntiChristian:

I continued checking for where Jesus specifically called himself God or three in one God of trinity, yet i couldn't find it.

Surely you have not heard
"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; A stranger, and not thine own lips"

Christ Followed and Obeyed The Law!

AntiChristian:

So, in your Bible search, you did not read that "A voice and A Dove (2 Witnesses) came out and came down from heaven and clearly Said THIS IS MY BELOVED SON! HEAR HIM"?

THIS IS MY BELOVED SON, IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED?"

2 Likes

Re: An Admonition For Young People by Timerri: 9:28am On Mar 13, 2022
Thanks Op
Re: An Admonition For Young People by iCauseTrouble: 9:29am On Mar 13, 2022
I didn't read it but I know you are on point grin
Re: An Admonition For Young People by keentola(m): 9:32am On Mar 13, 2022
GET YOUR BOOKS HERE

Notable books I have in my library:

Action and Adventure
Classics
Comic and Graphic Novels
Detective and Mystery
Fantasy
Historical Fiction
Horror
Literary Fiction
Romance
Science Fiction
Short Stories
Suspense and Thrillers
Biographies and Autobiographies
Cookbooks
Memoir
Poetry
Essays
History
Self Help
True Crime
Politics and Philosophy

You can get these eBooks, Paperbacks and Audiobooks in minutes check my bio for more info
Re: An Admonition For Young People by princepee: 9:33am On Mar 13, 2022
They will still not hear,
This bet guy above me get mental...
If you are so sure sell your Papa house and stake it, you will be richer than dangote.
Re: An Admonition For Young People by thrillionaire(m): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is what "Follow Me" means.

When you were traveling and youFollow a person who takes you safely and goodly to your destination, has the person not saved you?

Surely you have not heard
"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; A stranger, and not thine own lips"

Christ Followed and Obeyed The Law!

So, in your Bible search, you did not read that "A voice and A Dove (2 Witnesses) came out and came down from heaven and clearly Said THIS IS MY BELOVED SON! HEAR HIM"?

THIS IS MY BELOVED SON, IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED?"

That dude is a muslim and just wants to argue blindly. He thinks he knows more than the word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Admonition For Young People by thrillionaire(m): 9:34am On Mar 13, 2022
Vey insightful article. As youths we've got to reprogram our minds with the word.

1 Like

Re: An Admonition For Young People by cardoctor(m): 9:35am On Mar 13, 2022
Thanks for the long sermon. I hope they listen.

1 Like

Re: An Admonition For Young People by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 13, 2022
Who don cook Sunday rice I wan chop?

I no dey like too much pepper o!
Re: An Admonition For Young People by GboyegaD(m): 9:37am On Mar 13, 2022
The joy of the Lord is our strength irrespective of our age. That said, I like the article.
Re: An Admonition For Young People by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2022
Oh yes
Re: An Admonition For Young People by RussellRutherfo: 9:39am On Mar 13, 2022
AntiChristian:

He is the son of Mary not God.

Show us a place where Jesus Christ said "I am not God or the Almighty".

In the Meantime. Jesus Christ says HE is God in Revelation 1:8

Revelation 1:8 NASB20 — “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Let's also discuss your Child molesting illiterate schizophrenic Bedouin caravan rogue prophet, MuhamMad who slept with 9year old girls.

1 Like

Re: An Admonition For Young People by Boogyman557: 9:42am On Mar 13, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters

WTF MAN!
Re: An Admonition For Young People by EdgarBounce(m): 9:43am On Mar 13, 2022
Ok
Re: An Admonition For Young People by HitSong: 9:44am On Mar 13, 2022
cheesy
Re: An Admonition For Young People by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:45am On Mar 13, 2022
Yy
Re: An Admonition For Young People by Truefaith: 9:51am On Mar 13, 2022
hnj
Re: An Admonition For Young People by Truefaith: 9:52am On Mar 13, 2022
This is about
Re: An Admonition For Young People by IgweOfNnewi: 9:53am On Mar 13, 2022
bh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian / Richest Rv Father In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between The Word Of Wisdom And The Word Of Knowledge Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.