Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

I Want To Add 4gig To My Laptop Ram To Make It 8gig. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Want To Add 4gig To My Laptop Ram To Make It 8gig. (391 Views)

For Sale: Hynix 4gb DDR3 Laptop Ram / Laptop Ram Ddr3 2GB Memory Module @#2,000 / How To Install Laptop RAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Add 4gig To My Laptop Ram To Make It 8gig. by Brownshoe: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2022
I bought this Dell vostro 2420 laptop, it came with 2gig ram from factory, my dealer installed another 2gig ram, making it 4gig, so am just thinking of adding another 4gig to make it 8gig ram,
Pls how much will it cost me?
Re: I Want To Add 4gig To My Laptop Ram To Make It 8gig. by FluxEmpire(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2022
I'd presume the laptop has 2 RAM slots and if both had been occupied with 2gb RAM apiece,
then you can't upgrade it further except you ditch those two 2gb RAMS & go for two 4gb RAM.

That being said, you'd also have to verify if the laptop uses a PC3 or PC3L RAM
Brownshoe:
I bought this Dell vostro 2420 laptop, it came with 2gig ram from factory, my dealer installed another 2gig ram, making it 4gig, so am just thinking of adding another 4gig to make it 8gig ram,
Pls how much will it cost me?
Re: I Want To Add 4gig To My Laptop Ram To Make It 8gig. by FluxEmpire(m): 9:26am On Mar 15, 2022
I believe yours is the core i3 model type for it to have come with 2gb RAM from the manufacturing point; as such, it uses a ddr3 or PC3 RAM and the highest capacity it can take is 8gb RAM. Your options Sir:
- do away with both 2gb RAM and get two 4gb RAM to make it 8gb
- do away with both 2gb RAM and get a single 8gb RAM
- keep one 2gb RAM remove the other, get a 4gb RAM and add to it to make the laptop 6gb RAM. Sell off the remaining 2gb RAM removed.

You've got options, Sir and if your model is the core i5 version, same strategy applies.
Re: I Want To Add 4gig To My Laptop Ram To Make It 8gig. by Brownshoe: 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
FluxEmpire:
I'd presume the laptop has 2 RAM slots and if both had been occupied with 2gb RAM apiece,
then you can't upgrade it further except you ditch those two 2gb RAMS & go for two 4gb RAM.

That being said, you'd also have to verify if the laptop uses a PC3 or PC3L RAM
ok thanks
Re: I Want To Add 4gig To My Laptop Ram To Make It 8gig. by FluxEmpire(m): 10:29am On Mar 16, 2022
You're welcome, Sir
Brownshoe:
ok thanks

(1) (Reply)

Gaming And Advanced Graphics PC( Acer Aspire) / How To Add Hyperlink To Text In Telegram / AVAILABLE: Iphone 14 Pro & Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.