Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Issue Of Rent Renewal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Issue Of Rent Renewal (639 Views)

Landlord Refused To Give Me Receipt Of Rent. / Planning For Your Family? Want To Get Your Family Out Of Rent? / Please Help Me Clarify This Issue Of Marriage Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue Of Rent Renewal by StennyB(f): 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2022
Good day everyone,

Please if someone pays rent may 7th, 2021, when is the rental supposed to expire?
Is it legal for the landlord to serve a quit notice and expect the tenant to vacate the premiseson or before 6th april 2022, citing expiration of rent as his reason?

Is there a way out or should the tenant just pack out when stated(6th April 2022) cause the rent would still be counting by then?

1 Like

Re: Issue Of Rent Renewal by Rubyjade: 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2022
StennyB:
Good day everyone,

Please if someone pays rent may 7th, 2021, when is the rental supposed to expire?
Is it legal for the landlord to serve a quit notice and expect the tenant to vacate the premiseson or before 6th april 2022, citing expiration of rent as his reason?

Is there a way out or should the tenant just pack out when stated(6th April 2022) cause the rent would still be counting by then?
Your rent expires in April 7th 2022 talk with your landlord things are had in Nigeria
Re: Issue Of Rent Renewal by StennyB(f): 5:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
Rubyjade:
Your rent expires in April 7th 2022 talk with your landlord things are had in Nigeria

Ok thanks for your reply
Re: Issue Of Rent Renewal by KaluwisxPRO: 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Your landlord is correct with the date and timing of Notice.

People wey no know how much for bag of cement, always looking for faults with landlords as if Landlords are not humans. Speak to him and come to a conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: Issue Of Rent Renewal by frozen70(f): 7:24am On Mar 15, 2022
StennyB:
Good day everyone,

Landlords just don't give quit notice

If you have been naughty to him or your fellow neighbors in your compound

Make peace with everyone one

You can't live alone in this earth

Be friendly, speak with your landlord and have of mind

It's very rare to see landlord giving quit notice just one year

1 Like

Re: Issue Of Rent Renewal by segemafia(m): 9:27am On Mar 15, 2022
Do you pay your rent annually?if you do then your landlord must issue a six months quit notice,so this automatically starts counting from the day of the notice.

This is according to the Tenancy law in Lagos,so you need to let your landlord know that you are aware of this as he cant just serve a quit notice any how .
Re: Issue Of Rent Renewal by StennyB(f): 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
frozen70:

Landlords just don't give quit notice

If you have been naughty to him or your fellow neighbors in your compound

Make peace with everyone one

You can't live alone in this earth

Be friendly, speak with your landlord and have of mind

It's very rare to see landlord giving quit notice just one year

Thank you for your reply. I've spoken to him and I understand with him. His relatives are relocating from a bandit prone area in KD.
Re: Issue Of Rent Renewal by frozen70(f): 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
StennyB:

Thank you for your reply. I've spoken to him and I understand with him. His relatives are relocating from a bandit prone area in KD.

Ohh dear

(1) (Reply)

Korra Obidi Finally Speaks On Her Marital Issues. Apologizes. / Chat Buddy / LG Inverter AC For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.