Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Touch Not My Anointed And Do My Prophets No Harm Explain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Touch Not My Anointed And Do My Prophets No Harm Explain (368 Views)

Touch Not My Anointed / The Misinterpretation Of - Touch Not My Anointed And Do My Prophet No Harm / "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." (Psalm 105:15) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Touch Not My Anointed And Do My Prophets No Harm Explain by kobobay(m): 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
Reading this in the context will give us a clear understanding of what the Bible teaches.

Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm is not what you think it says.
Please search the Scripture well.

1 Chronicle 16
Psalm 105

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2FXFYxVUUw
Re: Touch Not My Anointed And Do My Prophets No Harm Explain by Flexherbal(m): 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Touch Not My Anointed And Do My Prophets No Harm Explain by Kobojunkiee: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2022
kobobay:
Reading this in the context will give us a clear understanding of what the Bible teaches.

1 Chronicle 16
Psalm 105
Anointings were of the Old Covenant Law of Moses days were God chose for Himself from among the descendants of Jacob, those who He would use for His purpose. Note that all of the prophets of God in the Old Covenant Law were taken from that stock. undecided

In the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, there are no such anointings necessary this since instead God installs a new spirit inside of those who belong to Him and then He, via His own Spirit dwells inside of all those who obey Him - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

So if you want to find God's anointed, then you should go search for them from among the children of Israel, not the Gentiles. undecided
Re: Touch Not My Anointed And Do My Prophets No Harm Explain by petra1(m): 3:47am On Mar 16, 2022
kobobay:

1 Chronicle 16
Psalm 105

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2FXFYxVUUw

Wrong. The verse in context is not making reference to Israel Asa Nation but rather to Abraham and Isaac who's wives were snatched by kings . Hence the phrase "God rebuked kings for their sake"

Genesis 20:6-7
And God said unto him in a dream . . . . Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet

As much as all Christian are anointed as saints . We must remember that God has Leaders and officers over God's people. Who God has ordained amd anointed into offices . Prophets ,pastors, Apostles ,Evangelist and Teachers. So the anointing for Christian living is different from the anointing for Ministry officers. The Bible says for these ones , the others should submit to them.

1 Corinthians 12:28
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues
Re: Touch Not My Anointed And Do My Prophets No Harm Explain by kobobay(m): 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
It is very clear in the Scripture that it was referring to Israel as a nation, please read the whole book of 1 Chronicle 16, and Psalm 105. Touch not my anointed, and do my prophet(s) not harm. Please don't interpret the scripture with your own made-up opinion about what you wanted it to say. it is very clear.

petra1:

Wrong. The verse in context is not making reference to Israel Asa Nation but rather to Abraham and Isaac who's wives were snatched by kings . Hence the phrase "God rebuked kings for their sake"

Genesis 20:6-7
And God said unto him in a dream . . . . Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet

As much as all Christian are anointed as saints . We must remember that God has Leaders and officers over God's people. Who God has ordained amd anointed into offices . Prophets ,pastors, Apostles ,Evangelist and Teachers. So the anointing for Christian living is different from the anointing for Ministry officers. The Bible says for these ones , the others should submit to them.

1 Corinthians 12:28
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues

Re: Touch Not My Anointed And Do My Prophets No Harm Explain by Kobojunkie: 2:10am On May 06, 2023
kobobay:
It is very clear in the Scripture that it was referring to Israel as a nation, please read the whole book of 1 Chronicle 16, and Psalm 105. Touch not my anointed, and do my prophet(s) not harm. Please don't interpret the scripture with your own made-up opinion about what you wanted it to say. it is very clear.

Exactly!
6 You belong to the family of his servant Abraham. You are descendants of Jacob, the people God chose.
7 The Lord is our God. He rules the whole world.
8 He will remember his agreement forever. He will always keep the promises he made to his people.
9 He will keep the agreement he made with Abraham and the promise he made to Isaac.
10 He gave it as a law to Jacob. He gave it to Israel as an agreement that will last forever!
11 He said, “I will give you the land of Canaan. It will be your very own.”
12 At the time God said this, there were only a few of his people, and they were strangers there.
13 They traveled around from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another.
14 But the Lord did not let anyone mistreat them. He warned kings not to harm them.
15 He said, “Don’t hurt my chosen people. Don’t harm my prophets.” - Psalm 105 vs 4 - 15
See from the above that God made that statement regarding all of the children of Israel and the prophets in the land. And that warning was meant by God for all the foreign kings and peoples of the foreign nations through which He took His chosen people? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why The Church Should Apologize To Humanity / True Christ, False Christ... / Oh Lord, Let Your Mercy Speak For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.