Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Rate My First Simple App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Rate My First Simple App (1351 Views)

Rate My Portfolio Website On A Scale Of 1-10 / Rate My First React Website / I Want To Make A Simple App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate My First Simple App by shantti(m): 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
Lol, I don't know why my app feels funny to me,

I started learning python this January without consistency because of how busy I am. I might learn for 2 hours today and then not learn again till the following week. I am that inconsistent. I am yet to grasp all the basic concept of the language.

I stumbled upon the kivy library and decided to try my hands on it. I made a simple calculator after many, many, many trials and error and small frustrations. Finally, the app came out good and I am very happy. I feel fulfilled.

I handled all the basic exception so that it doesn't crash if you divide by zero, use an operator incorrectly or give an invalid input.

Since it was made with kivy, it can run on Windows, Linux, Android and iOS.

I know the app looks childish to experienced programmers but please am still a new bie in python, so please appreciate my effort. I want to go on to creating more complex projects with time.

7 Likes

Re: Rate My First Simple App by shantti(m): 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2022
The CE button clears the last entered character and the C button clears everything.

If the denominator of a division is zero, when you press the equals button, instead of the app to crash, you will get no answer.

If you enter an invalid expression, you will equally get no answer instead of the app to crash

3 Likes

Re: Rate My First Simple App by hardebayho(m): 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
This is impressive man! Keep going, you definitely meant for greater stuff!

2 Likes

Re: Rate My First Simple App by thanksjosh005: 5:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
Keep going brother!
Re: Rate My First Simple App by shantti(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2022
hardebayho:
This is impressive man! Keep going, you definitely meant for greater stuff!

Thanks bro
Re: Rate My First Simple App by shantti(m): 11:36am On Mar 18, 2022
thanksjosh005:
Keep going brother!

Thanks bro
Re: Rate My First Simple App by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
This is impressive, especially considering the time put in. Keep going, you can only get better.

2 Likes

Re: Rate My First Simple App by shantti(m): 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
Rgade:
This is impressive, especially considering the time put in. Keep going, you can only get better.

Thanks bro I appreciate
Re: Rate My First Simple App by sonofthunder: 6:56am On Apr 01, 2022
shantti:

Thanks bro I appreciate

Vawulence gang wants you to add sine and cosine first before rating.... grin

Great Job bro...

1 Like

Re: Rate My First Simple App by cj4humanity: 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
Wow this impressive, a motivation to us newbies
Re: Rate My First Simple App by Profwriter(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2022
This is inspiring, I have been learning python too and I like us to connect if you don't mind.

Zero nine zero, eight one three, nine thousand is my what's app number.
I have sent you a pm as well.
Re: Rate My First Simple App by Phantaminum1(f): 11:14am On May 16, 2022
shantti:
Lol, I don't know why my app feels funny to me,

I started learning python this January without consistency because of how busy I am. I might learn for 2 hours today and then not learn again till the following week. I am that inconsistent. I am yet to grasp all the basic concept of the language.

I stumbled upon the kivy library and decided to try my hands on it. I made a simple calculator after many, many, many trials and error and small frustrations. Finally, the app came out good and I am very happy. I feel fulfilled.

I handled all the basic exception so that it doesn't crash if you divide by zero, use an operator incorrectly or give an invalid input.

Since it was made with kivy, it can run on Windows, Linux, Android and iOS.

I know the app looks childish to experienced programmers but please am still a new bie in python, so please appreciate my effort. I want to go on to creating more complex projects with time.
Wow, it looks great.

(1) (Reply)

How I Feel After Hours / Android GP Calculator For Nigerian Polytechnics; Free Source / Facebook Bot Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.