Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,137 members, 7,845,779 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Site Review/company Launch - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Site Review/company Launch (807 Views)

Lagoslabs.com Site Review / Colorbox / Thickbox / Critical Site Review / Site Review: Naija Lingo (pidgin English Dictionary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Review/company Launch by my2cents(m): 5:44am On Aug 04, 2007
The journey has begun cool

http://www.acewebdevelopment.net/

The only things that are left to implement are the favicon and setting up the Nigerian phone number (top right).

Other than that, review away and may this venture of mine yield positive fruit - Amen! grin
Re: Site Review/company Launch by Afam(m): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2007
Cool website.

1. A lot of people will want to have an idea of what your pricing looks like even if you are not going to be specific.

2. You need to reduce the number of times you reference the name of the website because it is about your clients not your company. Put differently, the site must content all the necessary information that makes sense to the client before considering what the company likes.

Other than these 2 issues you've got my vote on this. Simplicity is key even though a lot of web designers think otherwise.
Re: Site Review/company Launch by krs1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2007
my2cents' own web dev company site, hmmmm and about time too.  wink

I guess you went for simplicity on this site which is good.
I noticed the site was done with CSS. Ok. Try reducing the DIV#container width to min-width: 700px so as to cater for browsers with 800 by 600 pixel screen resolution. same thing for the header.

Layout: Ok, Color theme: Ok, Content: Ok
A few extra graphics wont be a bad idea though.
Re: Site Review/company Launch by my2cents(m): 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2007
krs1 and Afam,

Thanks for the input. As far was width goes, I read in some article a year ago that majority of the world browses using 1024x768 and so I have been coding with such browsers in mind. Having said that, if my target audience in Nigeria uses 800x600, I guess I have no choice but to reduce the width. I will wait to see what my web stats reveal before making that decision wink

Per graphics, lol, yeah I know. I will probably be adding more over time. For now, the site is up and functional. Pricing? I thought about adding some prices but backed off. I figured i at least lure the client in "for a kill grin" first.

References to the company? LOL. I did it for SEO purposes, but taking a 10,000 feet view of the site, I guess I did overdo it. I will be editing the content over the weekend.

Thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

Domain Name For N1,100/yr Only (not Joking) / Looking For Nigerians To Help Run A Site / 25 Reasons You Might Be A Hardcore Graphic/web Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.