Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,112 members, 7,852,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU (25670 Views)

ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR / Latest UPDATE!! On School(ASUU) Resumption For Varsities As At April, 2022 / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Lawalemi(m): 8:01am On Mar 20, 2022
What a terrible time to be a student.

2 Likes

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Totilopussylick(m): 8:02am On Mar 20, 2022
blackpanda:

I think you should focus on details rather than emotional gibberish. Railway is still under construction through PPP. And yes election is more important than ASUU that goes on strike every single year since 1999
it means education has been a thing of the past in Nigeria since 1999 undecided

3 Likes

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:03am On Mar 20, 2022
BAZ001:
When the number one man no write SSCe or certificate miss grin. How will he value university?
The other one warming up to be president prefers Touts around him than elites.
Agbero go take over abuja and ASSU will have to negotiate with agbero wet no go school .
That one too didn't do waec because of poverty according to his aides.

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:07am On Mar 20, 2022
dankt:
Just call off the strike let our children resume school. We all know the railway you are referring to is being built on credit with a loan from China.
Why can't education get the boost it requires with loan from china?

5 Likes

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Cognitivereason: 8:08am On Mar 20, 2022
Totilopussylick:

“The government said there is no money but they have money for elections. Between education and election, which one is much more important? They constructed a railway from Kaduna to Niger Republic, is that more important than education?

Education is dead and buried in Nigeria undecided.

The government is not currently building it...
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 20, 2022
Itohanmiwa:
The only way Nigerian educational system can improve is when we start having teachers who teach for the love of passing knowledge and this holds for all grades and level of educational institution, both from the primary to university level. These sets of lecturers we have now are so greedy that they can do anything to make money, even going as far as compromising their integrity and stooping so low as to collect bribes from student to pass them. I do not trust their motive as i have seen Prof Oorimogunje and Prof Ogunkoya of OAU Geography dept gone on to have very fulfilling careers and these two Profs you can tell are into it for the love of it. Since the advent of yahoo boys with cars on campus these lecturers have taken to persistent strike actions in a bid to force government to meet their demands and i can't help but wonder if they are trying to compete with these yahoo boys? If these lecturers think at all, they will know the country is in shambles right now economically and government meeting their demands at once will further plunge the country into untold hardship with the current increment in nearly all commodities by greedy Nigerians. ASUU should just call of it's strike action and dialogue with federal gov't as they can't bully Buhari into meeting their senseless demands. Before you criticize me go to any institution seek out 10 lecturers and ask them how they truly feel about the strike and you will find out at least 1 doesn't support the strike because they miss teaching. The students are the ones affected here not Federal Government.
Very Apt!

2 Likes

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Cognitivereason: 8:13am On Mar 20, 2022
wwwihy:

FG is constructing a railway from Kaduna to Niger Republic with loan, is that more important than education

Kaduna to kano
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by matm: 8:21am On Mar 20, 2022
ASUU should call off it's strike. The money for building of railway u are talking about is a borrowed money which no one knows how it will be paid back to the lender country.
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by bigtt76(f): 8:23am On Mar 20, 2022
FG spent that much because you guys failed to develop local resources due to your incessant strikes angry

ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/fg-claimed-no-money-for-varsities-but-built-railway-to-niger-ASUU/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by ChristineC: 8:27am On Mar 20, 2022
Itohanmiwa:
The only way Nigerian educational system can improve is when we start having teachers who teach for the love of passing knowledge and this holds for all grades and level of educational institution, both from the primary to university level. These sets of lecturers we have now are so greedy that they can do anything to make money, even going as far as compromising their integrity and stooping so low as to collect bribes from student to pass them. I do not trust their motive as i have seen Prof Oorimogunje and Prof Ogunkoya of OAU Geography dept gone on to have very fulfilling careers and these two Profs you can tell are into it for the love of it. Since the advent of yahoo boys with cars on campus these lecturers have taken to persistent strike actions in a bid to force government to meet their demands and i can't help but wonder if they are trying to compete with these yahoo boys? If these lecturers think at all, they will know the country is in shambles right now economically and government meeting their demands at once will further plunge the country into untold hardship with the current increment in nearly all commodities by greedy Nigerians. ASUU should just call of it's strike action and dialogue with federal gov't as they can't bully Buhari into meeting their senseless demands. Before you criticize me go to any institution seek out 10 lecturers and ask them how they truly feel about the strike and you will find out at least 1 doesn't support the strike because they miss teaching. The students are the ones affected here not Federal Government.
keep deceiving yourself
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by od501: 8:27am On Mar 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Cognitivereason: 8:27am On Mar 20, 2022
The issue about ASUU is a major one..
One thing I know is DAT..Fg can not cough out 1.5 trillion because it doesn't exist...
Even the railways dey claim which is a lie.. is to be financed by loans ..

Las las ASUU knows Fg can't bring DAT money...it better dey settle for what is realistically obtainable to settle their pocket and call it off....
After all... This isn't for their precious love for education it only for their pocket..
Imagine ..even with the strike ..lecturers are still being paid..

Education is heavily subsidize...government should quit building more..
And if possible terminate half of the institutions or hand over to states...
It better u have 10 institutions u can handle Dan having 47 DAT are cancerworms and still yet add no value to the society
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by donborg(m): 8:28am On Mar 20, 2022
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/fg-claimed-no-money-for-varsities-but-built-railway-to-niger-ASUU/

lalasticlala

You are talking of railway. what of the money Buhari is dashing his fellow Fulani people all over Africa, causing devaluation of Naira?
NIGERIA is a mere geographical expression

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Cognitivereason: 8:31am On Mar 20, 2022
donborg:

You are talking of railway. what of the money Buhari is dashing his fellow Fulani people all over Africa, causing devaluation of Naira?
NIGERIA is a mere geographical expression

Dashing money doesn't cause devaluation of naira...

And how much did he dash...
The last he did to afganistan is $1 million...roughly 414million naira..not even up to a billion....
What d big deal with DAT...go and research how much other even poorer nations have donated to Nigeria as grants..

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Aystarz: 8:35am On Mar 20, 2022
F22RAPTOR:
Nigerians probably deserve this man, because they voted him in even though they knew he was dull and wicked. Now a worst version of him is coming and they are stupidly supporting that one. Lol hand must reach everybody.

Dull and wicked grin What a terrible combo!

2 Likes

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Thinktwicemybro: 8:35am On Mar 20, 2022
Itohanmiwa:
They miss blocking not teaching. No lecturer in his right senses will be happy to teach without salary, allowance and in a poor and dirty laboratory. Those that want to teach are the bad eggs collecting blocking.
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by emmykk(m): 8:36am On Mar 20, 2022
Itohanmiwa:

Hope you will use the passion and love for teaching to buy petrol,pass your children school fees ,rent and other bills

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:37am On Mar 20, 2022
Not just APC...The shoe filler minions

DominusPrime:
Watch how apc minions will avoid this thread.
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by emmy512: 8:41am On Mar 20, 2022
Hand over uni to state gov
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by snowball11(m): 8:45am On Mar 20, 2022
When a president is dull, he's dull! grin

What a monumental failure of an incompetent president! undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Emk5556: 8:46am On Mar 20, 2022
It's called priority. Buhari and his cohort are illiterates. How can they give what they don't have.

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Onepeople: 9:06am On Mar 20, 2022
tony0806:

Oga Kindly say the one that is in-depth so we can comprehend
you have strength quoting a stu,,,pid idiot, do they reason like sensible mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Osek(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2022
ijustdey:

lalasticlala
This ASUU na thief!! I don't have any apology for this statement, how I wish they can scrap ASUU... Did FG not pay them some money some time ago why the strike now bringing up 2003 agreement for the FG to fulfill, before you knw na they will bring 1993 agreement for FG to fulfill.. useless set of people

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Jeffyblaq(m): 9:26am On Mar 20, 2022
Let those who are always good at defending evil come out and defend this ineptitude.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by mokoh(m): 9:32am On Mar 20, 2022
georgeakins:

Leave Lugard alone.

It is the Ibo soldiers who planned the coup of 1966 that God would punish. They put Nigeria in this mess due to their greed and desperation to be in power

Wen Nigeria they treat them like trash wetin u expect
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by TooMuchStuff: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2022
Soso990240:
I don't know how we managed to mix up with these Niger/Chad people. Most of these people parading themselves as Northern Nigeria are immigrants from Niger/Chad(maybe Buhari included), thats why they don't and will never see southern Nigeria as one with them. Instead of Buhari to do something for South, he will prefer to do it for Niger/Chad. I have been to both Bornu and Yobe, our borders are too porous that little kids can just stroll in.. what a country!
All of HausafulaniKanuri muslims of the North are one and the same with Niger Republic and Chad. Same in all aspects of parasitism and wickedness,
They hate Southerners like shit. If they can wipe out all southerners in a day by magic wand dem go jus do am

Everything in the South is what they want. I pity Yoruba Muslims who are now the willing tools in their quest to conquer the South by Fulani Muslims overlords
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Jaapu: 9:49am On Mar 20, 2022
tony0806:

Oga Kindly say the one that is in-depth so we can comprehend

You can never comprehend.
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Lastborn0074: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2022
Faller:
Nothing is Easy In Nigeria again, even to receive a slap, you still need to leave your seat to go and get it
������
Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by Lastborn0074: 9:59am On Mar 20, 2022
Itohanmiwa:
People like you are the reason why polithiefcians are taking Nigerians for a ride. Imagine your level of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:01am On Mar 20, 2022
You, your students, your citizens are all animals that went to school with no iota of moisture in the brain. Mobilize your students and hit the the road; that's what is expected of you and not talking and talking all the time. How do you explain this to western world and you are still begging the idiot to pay you guys. Is Niger part of the Zoo, what will happen if that rail was built from Akwaibom to Kano? Illiterate interloper made those who said they went to school look like morons. Spits!

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by godofuck231: 10:33am On Mar 20, 2022
They poseess and Islamic agenda and assu or what ever the call themselves isn't at the bottom of that list , funny enough the successor will have to carry on the agenda or else no road for him to that seat and tunibu is fastening his seat belt already

1 Like

Re: FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU by MT: 10:37am On Mar 20, 2022
Totilopussylick:

“The government said there is no money but they have money for elections. Between education and election, which one is much more important? They constructed a railway from Kaduna to Niger Republic, is that more important than education?

Education is dead and buried in Nigeria undecided.

Everything in Nigeria needs to be revamped, including education. Most of the lecturers we have are not fit for purpose.

Let ASUU gets the money meant to improve infrastructures in the school, you will see how they will squander it on personal frivolities.

We need infrastructure as much as we need education in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders / Olukemi Odukoya and Bola Oboh Protest UNILAG VC's Removal, Attack Pro-Chancellor / Unilorin Admission 2011/12 For 2nd List Waiters.lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.