Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

My Tribute To Christy Essien, Nigeria’s Queen Of Soul - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Tribute To Christy Essien, Nigeria’s Queen Of Soul (1282 Views)

My Tribute To The Legend Chinua Achebe / My Tribute To Chinua Achebe / Marvelck 's Tribute To Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Tribute To Christy Essien, Nigeria’s Queen Of Soul by Orikinla(m): 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2011
The following is from my tribute to Christy Essien-Igbokwe (November, 18th. 1960 – June 30th. 201, one of the greatest women in modern Nigeria. Our “Queen of Soul”.

Christy Uduak Essien-Igbokwe, who passed away at about 9.15a.m. Thursday at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, Lagos.

Popularly known by her maiden name Christy Essien before she got married, she was a great singer who was like a sister to millions of her fans in Nigeria.

She was the first Nigerian Queen of Soul music admired and loved by millions of music lovers in Nigeria and other countries.

I have been one of her countless fans since her successful acting career as a colourful TV actress in the popular TV comedy series Masquerade of the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), playing the drama queen as “Apeno”, the wife of “Jegede”, played by the late Claude Eke.

The television series was created by James Iroha who played the role of “Gringory”, one of the houseboys of “Chief Zebrudaya Okoroigwe Nwogbo, alias 4:30.” played by Chika Okpala.

http://www.247nigeria.com/christy-essien-nigerias-queen-of-soul-has-passed-on

Re: My Tribute To Christy Essien, Nigeria’s Queen Of Soul by jamace(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2011
May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen. sad

(1) (Reply)

The King, His Minister And His Dogs - A Short Inspirational Story / Birthday Blues- New Romance Short Story / Are You A Writer? (jump In)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.