Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You (1660 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Japanese Town Worships Giant Gorilla In Desperate Bid To Scare Off Coronavirus / Juju Scare In Umuahia As Residents Wake Up To Mini Coffin, Others (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 3:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
As far as i know all heaven offer is
1 eternal life
2 peace
3 playing with wild animals
4 and praising god forever but what heaven takes away because of this should be scary
1 eternity - but doing what, have you ever stay home doing nothing before with no technology in heaven isn't that torture like can you imagine how your mental health will go in the drain from having nothing to do at least on earth you can kill yourself but don't forget eternal life damn.

2 peace is a good offer but once again at what cost remember in heaven there is no such thing as family as jesus explain with the women with multiple husband, all that makes life worth it is the friends and family one makes along the way all that gone because of peace that have no meaning because all you doing is one thing is it worth it also don't forget your friends from another religion all in hell smiley

3 who the Bleep want that like that just stupid

4 can't that be done on earth where things are more fun than being an object showering god praise
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
We won't have an earthly body there so we won't care for earthly things.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

3 Likes

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 3:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
We won't have an earthly body there so we won't care for earthly things.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
so what will we care about what exactly is it that will care about i'll love to hear it
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:

so what will we care about what exactly is it that will care about i'll love to hear it

We'll find out when we get there grin

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 4:15pm On Mar 22, 2022
Once you make heaven, you will love it because you will also have joy forever.

2 Likes

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2022
undecided
PastorMIsBack:

We'll find out when we get there grin
cry seriously out of everything bible could have omitted it omitted that and everyone still clamouring for heaven it lists out the trails and tribulation very well but when it get to the reward part there's no way of knowing if it is a blessing or an unending curse pastorMIsBack The story no clear undecided
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:
undecided cry seriously out of everything bible could have omitted it omitted that and everyone still clamouring for heaven it lists out the trails and tribulation very well but when it get to the reward part there's no way of knowing if it is a blessing or an unending curse pastorMIsBack The story no clear undecided

Lol grin Never mind. We'll find out when our time on earth is done.

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
Sheddy5:
Once you make heaven, you will love it because you will also have joy forever.
but that doesn't correlate with what the bible is implicating
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Lol grin Never mind. We'll find out when our time on earth is done.
to be honest your reply saddens me
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:
but that doesn't correlate with what the bible is implicating
how? Explain.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:
to be honest your reply saddens me

I can't make up stories. There are some 'pastors' out there who talk about what they don't know. Perhaps ask them.

God has not revealed everything to us. Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
Sheddy5:

how? Explain.
that exactly what my whole post is about people believe heaven is a place of joy and happiness while what the bible described as i explained in my first post is a place of endless suffering and saddeness since its forever its even better to burn in hell and die once than be torture which beg the question why does god want this for his chosen one? what is the meaning of our suffering on earth if we also go and suffer in heaven? did god create us mainly for suffering? does god enjoy watching us suffer?
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:

its even better to burn in hell and die once than be torture

Where did you hear that you die once in hell?
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 4:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I can't make up stories. There are some 'pastors' out there who talk about what they don't know. Perhaps ask them.

God has not revealed everything to us. Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.
but he didn't hide it though it from the bible that i gather all i've written above so those that mean no matter what we do suffering awaits us?
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

oh i didn't know so either way you suffer endlessly after going through this awful life god is really cruel isn't he
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:

that exactly what my whole post is about people believe heaven is a place of joy and happiness while what the bible described as i explained in my first post is a place of endless suffering and saddeness since its forever its even better to burn in hell and die once than be torture which beg the question why does god want this for his chosen one? what is the meaning of our suffering on earth if we also go and suffer in heaven? did god create us mainly for suffering? does god enjoy watching us suffer?
having joy in heaven does not mean we'll find things that will give us joy instead God will input the joy in us (the choosen ones)

jesus (the son of God) does not like seeing us suffering but God our heavenly father created good and bad with the intention to see who can endure and also obey his commandment. Humans that endure and obey are children of God and will definately make heaven.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Sheddy5:

having joy in heaven does not mean we'll find things that will give us joy instead God will input the joy in us (the choosen ones)

jesus (the son of God) does not like seeing us suffering but God our heavenly father created good and bad with the intention to see who can endure and also obey his commandment. Humans that endure and obey are children of God and will definately make heaven.
that means we are no longer ourselves we are basically robot we are forced to smile we are made into idiot is that fair after all we went through to get there?
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:

that means we are no longer ourselves we are basically robot we are forced to smile we are made into idiot is that fair after all we went through to get there?
nope, you can do whatever you want but don't forget that even an angel in heaven that commited a crime i.e disobey his law went to hell, hence you can also go to hellfire after making heaven if you did something contrary... But what is your intentions though??
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

that even worse for the people in heaven imagine you're on the verge of mental breakdown you're currently singing god praise because that all you can do then you started hearing the scream of your lifelong friend who turned out to be of another religion how will you feel you can't stop praising god you can't stop smiling angels are all around but the scream of someone close to you, you can't block it that really horrifying don't you think
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2022
Sheddy5:

nope, you can do whatever you want but don't forget that even an angel in heaven that commited a crime i.e disobey his law went to hell, hence you can also go to hellfire after making heaven if you did something contrary... But what is your intentions though??
where in the bible is that one from?
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:
which one are you talking about?
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:
ezekiel 28:18
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Ubanieke: 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:
As far as i know all heaven offer is
1 eternal life
2 peace
3 playing with wild animals
4 and praising god forever but what heaven takes away because of this should be scary
1 eternity - but doing what, have you ever stay home doing nothing before with no technology in heaven isn't that torture like can you imagine how your mental health will go in the drain from having nothing to do at least on earth you can kill yourself but don't forget eternal life damn.

2 peace is a good offer but once again at what cost remember in heaven there is no such thing as family as jesus explain with the women with multiple husband, all that makes life worth it is the friends and family one makes along the way all that gone because of peace that have no meaning because all you doing is one thing is it worth it also don't forget your friends from another religion all in hell smiley

3 who the Bleep want that like that just stupid

4 can't that be done on earth where things are more fun than being an object showering god praise
Even all the so called neo nazi various groups in which they've always been a militant Wing of the European protestant christians, yes I'm also talking about both their right path also know as their white magicians and their left path also know as their dark magicians well all of them will be in the same heaven with my black African christian brothers and sisters because they all believe in Jesus Christ grin grin grin grinangry angry angry angry, the day I realized this that was when I know that the type of heaven this our African pastors and their Oyinbo counterpart has been saling to us is nothing but an unrealistic/utopia heaven, since then and right now I don't believe in their type of heaven because I already know what my own heaven looks like.

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 5:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:
check hebrew 1:14 to confirm what we'll be like when we make heaven.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
Sheddy5:

ezekiel 28:18
this just seems like you cherry-picking bible verses to fit your narrative anyway cornelboy and MaxInDHouse come and use your military intelligence and give us and answer to my question
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
No, I'm looking forward to it. I remember the first time I saw mountains, I was in awe. They had snow on it - the scenery was sooo beautiful I didn't want to leave. Imagine how much more beautiful something like that would be in heaven.
really you're willing to risk evernal torture for that if you want to see beautiful things the earth has more to offer than you can check out in your whole lifespan. why risk it
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tobedated:

this just seems like you cherry-picking bible verses to fit your narrative anyway cornelboy and MaxInDHouse come and use your military intelligence and give us and answer to my question
i answered your question with multiple verses because you did not make your question specific, what else did you want?
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
Misinformed church goers full here.

The first man was initially created to live forever on earth with physical body.
If Adam hadn't sinmed, he would be here with us today.

Only few people (little flock) are/will be with Jesus in God's Kingdom. The little flock are the 144000 mentioned in the book of revelations.
They will be kings and priests ruling together with Jesus who will be their king.

The rest of the righteous will remain on earth or die and remain in their grave till resurrection.

Jesus will bring the kingdom in his second coming and fulfill God's will for earth.

At the end, after Satan and his followers have been eternally destroyed, God will make his home with the righteous that remain right here on earth (new earth, paradise).

Revelation 21:2-4
[2]And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
[3]I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.
[4]He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Sheddy5:

i answered your question with multiple verses because you did not make your question specific, what else did you want?

Humans are created to live forever on earth.
I've never been in the intelligence o.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 7:13pm On Mar 22, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
No, I'm looking forward to it. I remember the first time I saw mountains, I was in awe. They had snow on it - the scenery was sooo beautiful I didn't want to leave. Imagine how much more beautiful something like that would be in heaven.

Did GOD ever said he changed his purpose for creating man?
Like God created the first Man to live forever in the garden and he hadn't sinned he would be here today right?
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2022
cornelboy:

Humans are created to live forever on earth. I've never been in the intelligence o.
are you a christian?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paganism Has The Worlds Largest Religious Population (approx. Demographics) / Religion And The Morality (arrogance) Of Power / Is The Book Of Mormon Credible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.