Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Using Dreamweaver To Design Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Using Dreamweaver To Design Site (804 Views)

I Need To Design Site Like / How To Design A Professional Website Using Dreamweaver / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by sizzlers(m): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2011
pls can somebody enlighten me on dreamweaver is it ok to desigj site with it? what are the disadvantages and advantages? im confuse i want to run a webdesign program but kinda confuse
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by utimatedes(m): 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2011
Yes u can used it
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by utimatedes(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2011
You can use it. It is the best designing software so far
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by epapa(m): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2011
yeah but it is best if you know some bit of html and php
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by DualCore1: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2011
Notepad++ and some Brain++. My view may seem silly but you will thank me later.
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by epapa(m): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2011
i get the brain ++ but notepad++ i absolutely don't get it since dream weaver has its own editor
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by DualCore1: 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2011
But what do you need dreamweaver's design view for in web design and development? Dreamweaver is just a text editor and a browser joined together with the added feature os spoiling one with all the spry woosh and code completion. Notepad++ on the other hand puts you face to face with the demons powering your site. Demons become your slaves when you gain mastery over them, lol. All this is just my personal opinion sha but nothing beats my collabo of Notepad++ and Firefox, for me.
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by epapa(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2011
If you are just starting out, you might not say that. Dream weaver was not built for Gurus like you. At your level perhaps, notepad becomes the "in thing".
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by DualCore1: 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2011
On the contrary I think beginners should start the "hard way" (notepad++) and up the "easy way" (dreamweaver). Its like going to driving school and learning with Auto transmission. won't help when you meet a Manual transmission. For instance, one thing most beginner dreamweavers find hard to comprehend is why their images show up on dreamweaver but won't show up when they upload. All they know about uploading an image is to click the insert image button and insert an image from anywhere. That can't happen when you have to learn to write codes cuz you most likely woulda learned about absolute and relative paths. Another instance where dreamweavers get frustrated is that dreamweaver isn't click-drag-drop so you can't really position thing with pixel accuracy if you rely on that design view (as most people do). Then again the codes these IDEs produce is always dirty, especially js effects or fireworks imports. These are still my personal opinions o! I used dreamweaver as my lifeline in its MX days. Talking from experience cuz when I had to face Manual transmission I had to go back to driving school(w3schools.com) and start all over again from the basics.
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by epapa(m): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2011
like that. wondering how to contact you. Thinking of having a 5 month training and mentorship program which will partly cover web development. wondering what you will think of that and how much you will charge. Your reply is appreciated.
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by DualCore1: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
I dunno how to teach sad embarassed
But I can give you web dev e-bibles grin
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by epapa(m): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2011
funny but you seem not to get.
I am planning a five month training program covering various fundamental aspects of building an online business. I am therefore pulling together pros from the different areas we will be covering. About not being able to teach, it's a lie. everybody can teach no matter how badly grin grin
Anyway you would be doing more of mentoring which is helping them when they get stuck. If your bible is comprehensive enough then we are good to go. They will be working in groups, so all you do is give out the books, point out some important points, give them a practice project and sit back, supervise or better grade what they've done and make corrections where needed. Plus it will be entirely online. No contact, nor seminars and who knows you might see some brilliant web developers emerge that you might enjoy working with later.
The aim of the whole stuff is to train, empower and network emerging professionals. So what do you think on a more serious note?
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by greenmouse(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2011
Check out this link: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-670914.0.html

Just contact us on 08063786241 for a professional web development training and internship,

Dreamweaver is very good for you, though I quite agree with dual core, but Notepad++ might be a little bit boring as someone new to web programming.

U can use Dreamweaver editor and preview via browsers direct, thus ignoring design view features.

Learning by writing hard codes is very important for beginners.

That is exactly what I teach my students.

XHTML,CSS, JAVASCRIPT, PHP, MYSQL, FIREWORKS etc.
come on board,
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by DualCore1: 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2011
epapa:

funny but you seem not to get.
I am planning a five month training program covering various fundamental aspects of building an online business. I am therefore pulling together pros from the different areas we will be covering. About not being able to teach, it's a lie. everybody can teach no matter how badly grin grin
Anyway you would be doing more of mentoring which is helping them when they get stuck. If your bible is comprehensive enough then we are good to go. They will be working in groups, so all you do is give out the books, point out some important points, give them a practice project and sit back, supervise or better grade what they've done and make corrections where needed. Plus it will be entirely online. No contact, nor seminars and who knows you might see some brilliant web developers emerge that you might enjoy working with later.
The aim of the whole stuff is to train, empower and network emerging professionals. So what do you think on a more serious note?

On a very rough estimate, what's the babe to guy ratio in the groups? Whats the location too? grin
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by frisahost(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2011
@Dual Core i support ur point. i started designing with notepad and i really enjoy coding with notepad.
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by sizzlers(m): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2011
thank you guys for ur wonderful conributions i must say, @ green mouse: i quite appreciate what u said by going on with dreamweaver. @
Re: Using Dreamweaver To Design Site by greenmouse(m): 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2011
You are welcome,

(1) (Reply)

How To Have A Craiglist Accoun Here In Naija / I Need Your Help, Webmaters / Training On Website Development!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.