Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors (591 Views)

The Stand Of The Bible On The Ordination Of Women Pastors. / Question: "Women Pastors / Preachers? Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher?" / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by danielinyang(m): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2022
So guys I'm curious if the bible support women as pastors.
Kindly share your thoughts
https://danielinyang.com/what-does-the-bible-say-about-the-role-of-women/
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by LordIsaac(m): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2022
It says women should submit to their husbands. It is the same reason why Mary and Martha followed behind rather than being chosen as Apostles. The Pentecostal churches of today can do anything to gain acceptance including ordaining women.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by TruthinAction: 10:10am On Mar 23, 2022
Women are free to be Pastor. If there were prophetesses both in the Old and New Testament, they can also be Pastors.

After all, the first person that Jesus said should announce his resurrection was a woman.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2022
Women's role is to support the arrangements made by the men taking the lead in the congregation.
During any activity women are needed to join and support but as for leading the Bible forbids them to lead among the Christians! 1Corinthians 11:3
MaxInDHouse.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 23, 2022
LordIsaac:
It is the same reason why Mary and Martha followed behind rather than being chosen as Apostles.

Junia, in the Bible is female and an apostle.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by Dtruthspeaker: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
TruthinAction:
Women are free to be Pastor. If there were prophetesses both in the Old and New Testament, they can also be Pastors.

After all, the first person that Jesus said should announce his resurrection was a woman.

Only one Prophetess was appointed directly by God exactly as He Appointed His Prophets, after that, No other appointments has been made.

And secondly Revelation 2:20 answers every one, if they will hear.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by Dtruthspeaker: 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Being a believer among the congregation of believers, is not the same as one appointed to preach! Re Romans 16.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Being a believer among the congregation of believers, is not the same as one appointed to preach! Re Romans 16.

I was responding to someone who said, "Mary and Martha followed behind rather than being chosen as Apostles". I simply said Junia was female and an apostle.

I may be imagining things but I often feel attacked by you. Can we ignore each other from now on hence? It really isn't difficult. God bless.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by Dtruthspeaker: 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I was responding to someone who said, "Mary and Martha followed behind rather than being chosen as Apostles". I simply said Junia was female and an apostle.

I may be imagining things but I often feel attacked by you. Can we ignore each other from now on hence? It really isn't difficult. God bless.

You ought not to feel attacked here for you know this is a place where people are coming to get the Truth, therefore, there would calls for observations, objections and queries that the Truth obtained may become Pure as much as is possible.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You ought not to feel attacked here for you know this is a place where people are coming to get the Truth, therefore, there would calls for observations, objections and queries that the Truth obtained may become Pure as much as is possible.

Even though I explained why and who I was responding to, you are still spinning your yarn. You never admit when you're wrong/incorrect. I'm ignoring you from NOW!!

You can respond to any of my comments/posts but you won't get a reply from me and I definitely won't comment on any thread started by you. Have a blessed evening. Over and Out.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Jesus chose just twelve apostles (all males) during his ministry {Luke 6:13} he later chose Paul after ascending to heaven. No female was chosen as apostle! undecided
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by Dtruthspeaker: 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Even though I explained why and who I was responding to, you are still spinning your yarn. You never admit when you're wrong/incorrect. I'm ignoring you from NOW!!

You can respond to any of my comments/posts but you won't get a reply from me and I definitely won't comment on any thread started by you. Have a blessed evening. Over and Out.

Ehn, na so just say you hate criticism and correction.

Funny how you want me to accept "your explanation" whereas you have gone all childish in even refusing to hear mine.

Just say, YOU WISH me not to point out when and where and how you are wrong or could be wrong, which of course, you know such a wish will not be granted! grin

Rice which has stones is not a good meal for consumption!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
danielinyang:

You can read this article - it talks about Priscilla, Phoebe, Euodia, Syntyche, and Junia - five women were leading ministers in the New Testament.

https://margmowczko.com/chrysostom-new-testament-women-leaders/
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors by Steep: 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
danielinyang:
https://danielinyang.com/what-does-the-bible-say-about-the-role-of-women/

1 Timothy 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

Teachings and leading ministry in the church is for the male a woman shouldn't usurp authority over a man.

But I believe a woman cam teach if there is no qualified male.

To usurp means to forcefully taking a position like a woman dragging position with a man in the church.

Authority to teach first of all falls upon a man but I believe if there is no qualified man a woman can teach.

The meaning of apostle means servant or ministers woman minister in different ways in the early church supporting the apostles example is Junia who Paul called his fellow minister not because she was leading any ministry but because of her help to Paul's ministry.
Priscilla taught although not in the church but privately but mostly in the presence of her husband.

(1) (Reply)

Some Poor Description Of God / Today Is ‘international Buy A Priest A Beer Day’ / 2 Gods Fighting In The Middle East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.