Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Are You Family With People You Hate? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Family With People You Hate? (387 Views)

Nigerian-Born U.S. Soldier Shocks Family With Visit After 6 Years Of Being Away / I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / Gloria Akuffo: I Had My Children With People's Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Family With People You Hate? by JonOfAustrlia: 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2022
I used to love family. Just the principle alone. But now as a married person I am starting to dwell on the fact that only one person we choose as family and that is our spouse and kids. I now ONLY want to focus on my nuclear family I created. My wife and our kids.

Theres so many in laws I wish to never see again. The nagging, sometimes online bullying, endless money requests. I dispise holidays like easter and christmas now because of in laws and extended family. Even after our two children were born and we were struggling, in laws are eyeing on how to pocket our money or live off us instead of helping. Or saying very mean things when we appear down! They are just wicked. Is it jealousy because we are abroad? I just dont know. I used to want to make extended family proud, now they just all annoy me. So much so that I dont even wish any of them happy birthday anymore.

Can anyone relate? I cant be the only one!

1 Like

Re: Are You Family With People You Hate? by ebubenmuo(f): 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
Is deep sir
Re: Are You Family With People You Hate? by Gentlerespect76: 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
JonOfAustrlia:
I used to love family. Just the principle alone. But now as a married person I am starting to dwell on the fact that only one person we choose as family and that is our spouse and kids. I now ONLY want to focus on my nuclear family I created. My wife and our kids.

Theres so many in laws I wish to never see again. The nagging, sometimes online bullying, endless money requests. I dispise holidays like easter and christmas now because of in laws and extended family. Even after our two children were born and we were struggling, in laws are eyeing on how to pocket our money or live off us instead of helping. Or saying very mean things when we appear down! They are just wicked. Is it jealousy because we are abroad? I just dont know. I used to want to make extended family proud, now they just all annoy me. So much so that I dont even wish any of them happy birthday anymore.

Chaii, you seem to be quite unlucky in the area of family. Well, family is the mainstay. Even the children you are concentrating on, God forbids that you drop dead this moment, who will help them? Is it not these same people you seem to despise? While I understand that every family have their story, you need to make everyone understand your true circumstances. Some people drive big cars and live ostentatiously, giving relatives the wrong impression that they are affluent. Now when these people in the wrong belief that you have money, pile financial pressures on you, you resort to hating and despising them. No, that is wrong.

ADVISORY
Help everyone you can, particularly young family members. You don't know the head that will wear a crown in future. Again, let everyone in your family know your true financial situation; so that they can understand that while you are obligated to help them you have a (nuclear) family to take care of.

Family is a lovely thing. There are pains, but the benefits outweigh the downsides.

1 Like

Re: Are You Family With People You Hate? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
JonOfAustrlia:

The best thing is to focus on your family.
Re: Are You Family With People You Hate? by jesmond3945: 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
JonOfAustrlia:

is not your fault brother. Misery loves company. Do the much you can, they dont owe you and you dont owe them. Learn to appear poor and learn tact and wisdom to follow them. Dont appear weak and vulnerable.
Re: Are You Family With People You Hate? by JonOfAustrlia: 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
jesmond3945:
is not your fault brother. Misery loves company. Do the much you can, they dont owe you and you dont owe them. Learn to appear poor and learn tact and wisdom to follow them. Dont appear weak and vulnerable.

So appear POOR and strong lol !!

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Pastors Prefer Their Native Language While Ministering? / The Child Is Crying But Instead To Help The Child. [photo] / This is dangerous single mom/dad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.