Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Android TV Box Or Smart TV: Which Is Better? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Android TV Box Or Smart TV: Which Is Better? (1025 Views)

Pls I Need A Very Good Tv Repairer For An Lg Smart Tv / BTW Syinix TV And Polystar TV, Which Is The Best To Buy? / Samsung And LG 32 Inch TV, Which Is Better?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android TV Box Or Smart TV: Which Is Better? by Hydronium(m): 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
Guys, I'm having a dilemma. I've heard a lot about smart TV and their coolness, but lately I'm hearing that plugging in an Android TV box to a led TV is even cooler.

So which do you think is better?
A smart Android TV? Or the combination of a LED TV + Android TV box?

Re: Android TV Box Or Smart TV: Which Is Better? by centilad(m): 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
You've said it already -
Hydronium:
plugging in an Android TV box to a led TV is even cooler.

You have more power over what goes into your TV. Can freely pull the plug when not needed.

Only that you'd be consuming more power_socket as well as HDMI ports + have extra remote control grin

1 Like

Re: Android TV Box Or Smart TV: Which Is Better? by Hydronium(m): 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
centilad:
You've said it already -

You have more power over what goes into your TV. Can freely pull the plug when not needed.

Only that you'd be consuming more power_socket as well as HDMI ports + have extra remote control grin

Sounds good @centilad

But are we sure TV boxes do not compromise on digital security, given that most of them are made by '3rd party' manufacturers?
Re: Android TV Box Or Smart TV: Which Is Better? by Hydronium(m): 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Perhaps you have experience with either of the above, please share to help local man make a wise decision
Re: Android TV Box Or Smart TV: Which Is Better? by centilad(m): 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
Did I hear you say #security?
Hydronium:

..are we sure TV boxes do not compromise on digital security, given that most of them are made by '3rd party' manufacturers?

"Whomever is the saint should be the first to throw stone"

Fbk, Twtr, Inst, Snap, Telegr.. social apps you use aren't safe either. If you also watched "Ron's gone Wrong" 2021 animation movie, you'd understand better.

Rembr I also wrote earlier, that with an external device you have the power to pull the plug. That's security.

Even if you break the Android Box to find out if there's a spycam embedded, the cost no fit tear pocket compared with breaking open your Smart TV looking for spycam. That's security too cool
Re: Android TV Box Or Smart TV: Which Is Better? by Hydronium(m): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
centilad:
Did I hear you say #security?

"Whomever is the saint should be the first to throw stone"

Fbk, Twtr, Inst, Snap, Telegr.. social apps you use aren't safe either. If you also watched "Ron's gone Wrong" 2021 animation movie, you'd understand better.

Rembr I also wrote earlier, that with an external device you have the power to pull the plug. That's security.

Even if you break the Android Box to find out if there's a spycam embedded, the cost no fit tear pocket compared with breaking open your Smart TV looking for spycam. That's security too cool

Hmm you got a good point tho. We're never know some of these things...
Re: Android TV Box Or Smart TV: Which Is Better? by centilad(m): 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hydronium:

Hmm you got a good point tho.
isOkay

(1) (Reply)

Where Ar U Hi-tech Welders? / I Urgently Need An Electrician For My Lg Tv / Dirty Electricity-myth Or Reality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.