Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters (3329 Views)

Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) / What Men Should Know About Pregnancy / What Do Men Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 4:14am On Mar 25, 2022
I've seen some men state they do not want to marry highly educated women because they feel she'll butt heads with them and be too opinionated. So instead they feel lowly educated women make better spouses and opt for them instead.

Now when these men have daughters, they wouldn't want her to have little to no academic education, they'd want her to make the most she can of herself. They might even call her lazy or unambitious if she decides not to pursue further or higher education.

Now these type of men are encouraging and moulding their own daughters to be the kind of women they would have never picked for a spouse.

So is this hypocrisy or nature?

For men like this, if women that are highly educated are a turn-off and have already priced themselves out of the market:

Why do you encourage your own daughters to be exactly like them?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by socialmediaman: 4:21am On Mar 25, 2022
Many men would've loved to marry their high school or college sweethearts with similar education if they had the means while they were dating or after graduation, so is this just a figment of your imagination?

1 Like

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 5:20am On Mar 25, 2022
socialmediaman:
Many men would've loved to marry their high school or college sweethearts with similar education if they had the means while they were dating or after graduation, so is this just a figment of your imagination?

This topic is about men that feel women who are less educated make better spouses

Don't pretend you haven't heard men say this

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by Lari03r(m): 6:14am On Mar 25, 2022
Be specific about the category of men you are talking about.

An educated man can not enjoy companionship with an uneducated woman. The thread binding them will only be intercourse and mundane matters, they can never connect on an intellectual level. And this means the man will definitely prefer a different woman as time goes by.

You are probably referring to semi-literate men who learned a skill after secondary school. While all men are men, there are differences in orientation, quality and outlook.

I personally love intelligent women especially female lawyers. Men who are afraid of a woman's education belong to the last century.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by MadamVanessa(f): 6:24am On Mar 25, 2022
shocked

All men are hypocrites seriously.

They called every man that love and respected women simp, but same men will call a man that shows their own daughter so much love, respect and care a responsible and God fearing man.

If the man be a little hard on their daughter has they been preaching that men should be, you see them opening the gate of hell for the man.

That's them for you, especially most of them parading here in Nigeria.

Confused lots.

13 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by ednut1(m): 6:38am On Mar 25, 2022
This is called hasty generalization. Men are marrying successful and highly educated women. The ones being avoided are the disrespectful ones who talk to men anyhow. The men are raising their daughters to compete and be successful but not rude and arrogant like we have for some successful women

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 25, 2022
Sweetheart...

I don't know where you heard this from, but I WILL NEVER MARRY AN UNEDUCATED WOMAN

likeeee....
How we won communicate?
How will she raise my kids?

Abeg o...
The future of my seeds is at stake here undecided....
Make she carry her wahala comot Biko....

1 Like

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by kkins25(m): 6:55am On Mar 25, 2022
Lari03r:

An educated man can not enjoy companionship with an uneducated woman. The thread binding them will only be intercourse and mundane matters, they can never connect on an intellectual level. And this means the man will definitely prefer a different woman as time goes by.

You are probably referring to semi-literate men who learned a skill after secondary school. While all men are men, there are differences in orientation, quality and outlook.

I personally love intelligent women especially female lawyers. Men who are afraid of a woman's education belong to the last century.
hehehehe.. i laugh in jamaican.. I wonder why some established men have sacrificed their reputation and life over non educated house maids and sidechicks. beats me. I remember one certain nollywood movie where d man only preferred village women. can't recall the name of the lead act.

3 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by socialmediaman: 7:12am On Mar 25, 2022
1Sharon:

This topic is about men that feel women who are less educated make better spouses

Don't pretend you haven't heard men say this

I think you're imagining too much or maybe referring to a much older generation of men. I don't think most PhD or Master's or Bachelor's level educated men would think that way. They may prefer younger women but not lowly (poorly) educated.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by Lari03r(m): 8:03am On Mar 25, 2022
kkins25:
hehehehe.. i laugh in jamaican.. I wonder why some established men have sacrificed their reputation and life over non educated house maids and sidechicks. beats me. I remember one certain nollywood movie where d man only preferred village women. can't recall the name of the lead act.
You are factually incorrect when you mention side chicks. Side chicks could be educated.

I agree with the fact that some men prefer maids but that is purely on a sexual level. Those men have conditioned their minds to accept the barest minimum because they want to knack.

All men do not act the same.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 25, 2022
ednut1:
This is called hasty generalization. Men are marrying successful and highly educated women. The ones being avoided are the disrespectful ones who talk to men anyhow. The men are raising their daughters to compete and be successful but no rude and arrogant like we have for some successful women
Says a rude and uncouth man who talks down on women anyhow unprovoked,go and sleep jare.

13 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 25, 2022
98% of men are hypocrites,they always love what they condemn verbally,I’m a living testimony to that.

8 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by ImaIma1(f): 8:41am On Mar 25, 2022
Lari03r:

Exactly! When I look around my environment and beyond, i don't see educated men married to illiterate women. I don't think that is a thing at all.

An educated man wants to marry an equally educated woman. Maybe the op is talking of the category of men who prefer to go to the village to find a wife they can tame.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 25, 2022
A man has no issue with his woman being educated. He only has issues with the behaviour usually found in such women- arrogance, pride, disloyalty, disrespect etc.

If a man is sure of your loyalty and support, he would be happy and would marry you even if you are the president of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by kkins25(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2022
Lari03r:
You are factually incorrect when you mention side chicks. Side chicks could be educated.

I agree with the fact that some men prefer maids but that is purely on a sexual level. Those men have conditioned their minds to accept the barest minimum because they want to knack.

All men do not act the same.
I never said all men. U know what, i just took a screenshot because of you. enjoy, kindly read through the thread...
Many men would want their women utterly submissive. the more educated the woman is, the less likely she'd be submissive (Not to say that educated women can't be submissive)...

4 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 10:02am On Mar 25, 2022
ednut1:
This is called hasty generalization. Men are marrying successful and highly educated women. The ones being avoided are the disrespectful ones who talk to men anyhow. The men are raising their daughters to compete and be successful but not rude and arrogant like we have for some successful women

That's funny because alot of successful BLACK women are single.
Look at the Nigerian women in entertainment, in music and film.

Compete with who? A man?

2 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 10:06am On Mar 25, 2022
Favfables1:
Sweetheart...

I don't know where you heard this from, but I WILL NEVER MARRY AN UNEDUCATED WOMAN

likeeee....
How we won communicate?
How will she raise my kids?

Abeg o...
The future of my seeds is at stake here undecided....
Make she carry her wahala comot Biko....

The OP said nothing about UNEDUCATED women. I said women with LESS education. Meaning a secondary education at most.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by ednut1(m): 10:06am On Mar 25, 2022
1Sharon:

Compete with who? A man?
many successful black women are online saying they dont need a man or the men available dont meet their unrealistic standards. So whose fault is that The Nigerian women in entertainment are in relationships mostly with married rich men or small boys servicing them. Is that mens fault too Did funke akindele or toyin abraham not marry down And they are happy. Many of you ladies are hypergamous

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 10:10am On Mar 25, 2022
socialmediaman:

I think you're imagining too much or maybe referring to a much older generation of men. I don't think most PhD or Master's or Bachelor's level educated men would think that way. They may prefer younger women but not lowly (poorly) educated.

Don't gaslight me abeg. On this very forum, men have repeatedly stated women who are highly educated and thus very successful are a turn off because they won't submit and allow them to dominate.

Nigerian men have an issue with a woman that even owns a car for Christ sake!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 10:13am On Mar 25, 2022
ImaIma1:

Exactly! When I look around my environment and beyond, i don't see educated men married to illiterate women. I don't think that is a thing at all.

An educated man wants to marry an equally educated woman. Maybe the op is talking of the category of men who prefer to go to the village to find a wife they can tame.

Less educated and illiteracy are not interchangable.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by ImaIma1(f): 10:20am On Mar 25, 2022
1Sharon:

Less educated and illiteracy are not interchangable.

Less educated or illiterate, most educated men prefer equally educated ladies; someone that can match them intellectually.

The types that go out of their way to marry less educated or illiterate women are a different topic altogether
Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 10:24am On Mar 25, 2022
ImaIma1:

Less educated or illiterate, most educated men prefer equally educated ladies; someone that can match them intellectually.

The types that go out of their way to marry less educated or illiterate women are a different topic altogether

That's exactly what this topic is about.

5 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 10:28am On Mar 25, 2022
LagosInter:
A man has no issue with his woman being educated. He only has issues with the behaviour usually found in such women- arrogance, pride, disloyalty, disrespect etc.

If a man is sure of your loyalty and support, he would be happy and would marry you even if you are the president of Nigeria.

I understand that men see those kind of women as a turn off.

But when they have daughters, they encourage them to be highly educated and successful as those women!

6 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by CAPSLOCKED: 11:52am On Mar 25, 2022
1Sharon:

Compete with who? A man?

MAYBE THEY'RE SINGLE BECAUSE MOST SUCCESSFUL WOMEN WOULD RATHER GO FOR MORE SUCCESSFUL MEN, AND WE KNOW THE NUMBER OF MEN UP IN THAT ZONE IS LIMITED COMPARED TO AVERAGE AND POOR MEN.

A RICH MAN CAN FALL IN LOVE WITH A STRUGGLING GRADUATE OR FRUIT HAWKER. A RICH WOMAN WILL ONLY SETTLE FOR RICH DUDES. THE SMARTER SHE IS THE SMARTER A PARTNER SHE'LL SEEK FOR. THE MORE EXPOSED SHE IS THE MORE SHE'LL BE LOOKING TO SETTLE FOR A MORE EXPOSED MAN. LET'S NOT PRETEND TODAY THAT HYPERGAMY DOESN'T EXIST. wink

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
1Sharon:

The OP said nothing about UNEDUCATED women. I said women with LESS education. Meaning a secondary education at most.

Sweetheart...
To a man who has an MSc. or a PH.D, a secondary school lady is no different from an illiterate, no offence...

And that kind of individual (a lady with "less education) in my opinion isn't good enough to raise my kids...
Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by cococandy(f): 2:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
Always speaking out of both sides of their mouths

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by Gerrard59(m): 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
1Sharon:

Compete with who? A man?

According to?

1 Like

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
1Sharon:
Now these type of men are encouraging and moulding their own daughters to be the kind of women they would have never picked for a spouse.

So is this hypocrisy or nature?
For men like this, if women that are highly educated are a turn-off and have already priced themselves out of the market:

Why do you encourage your own daughters to be exactly like them?
What are in the world are you trying to do? shocked

You want them imbe-cile to then declare that in order to "fulfill all righteousness" there daughters should also not be educated as their wives/sex slaves aren't? undecided
Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 11:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
CAPSLOCKED:

MAYBE THEY'RE SINGLE BECAUSE MOST SUCCESSFUL WOMEN WOULD RATHER GO FOR MORE SUCCESSFUL MEN, AND WE KNOW THE NUMBER OF MEN UP IN THAT ZONE IS LIMITED COMPARED TO AVERAGE AND POOR MEN.

A RICH MAN CAN FALL IN LOVE WITH A STRUGGLING GRADUATE OR FRUIT HAWKER. A RICH WOMAN WILL ONLY SETTLE FOR RICH DUDES. THE SMARTER SHE IS THE SMARTER A PARTNER SHE'LL SEEK FOR. THE MORE EXPOSED SHE IS THE MORE SHE'LL BE LOOKING TO SETTLE FOR A MORE EXPOSED MAN. LET'S NOT PRETEND TODAY THAT HYPERGAMY DOESN'T EXIST. wink

I know about hypergamy bro and it sort of proves the point.

Men are okay and some might even prefer marrying women less than they are. But women wouldn't want a man less than she is.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What are in the world are you trying to do? shocked

You want them imbe-cile to then declare that in order to "fulfill all righteousness" there daughters should also not be educated as their wives/sex slaves aren't? undecided

The point is they don't want for their own daughters what they want in the women SOME of those kinds of men prefer.

"Successful women are bla bla bla"

When they have daughters, they'd encourage her to be just like them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by 1Sharon(f): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
Gerrard59:

According to?

Stats.

1 Like

Re: What Men Want In A Spouse Is Not What They'd Want For Their own Daughters by averageguy(m): 2:35am On Mar 26, 2022
1Sharon:

Don't gaslight me abeg. On this very forum, men have repeatedly stated women who are highly educated and thus very successful are a turn off because they won't submit and allow them to dominate.

Nigerian men have an issue with a woman that even owns a car for Christ sake!

I think the idea of going to the village to pick a less educated lady is like men here also saying they would rather marry foreign women than Nigerians. It's one of those things they say because of perceived concerns (that those girls are more respectful or not in the relationship for money), but doesn't really translate to reality since most of them will end up married to educated Nigerians.

The issue with a woman who owns her car is probably related to inferiority complex or the perception that the lady would want a guy who makes more and would be able to financially support her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister / I Can’t Bear It Anymore Silence Kills / I Really Want To Go Back To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.