Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,849 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:02 AM

For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) (1843 Views)

I Robbed My Madam To Raise Money For My Mum’s Surgery –housemaid / Photo: EFCC Arraigns Man For N4.5million Love Scam / EFCC Arraigns Man Over N4.5m Love Scam (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by Babasessy(m): 8:40am On Jul 03, 2011
For delaying his meal, man deforms wife

• N4.5m needed for plastic surgery

Life came to a standstill for one-time bubbling Mrs Omoyemi Okoroafor on January 21, 2009. That day, her husband, reportedly out of anger, threw a lit kerosene stove on her. Wrenched by the all-consuming pain by the fire attack, Omoyemi unconsciously scampered around their house, looking for water to help abate the burning fire, which had caught up with her clothes. The incident, which attracted the Agbado neighbourhood on the Lagos-Ogun border area, has left many wondering as to what nature of anger could make a man give vent to such a heartless act, disfiguring his wife and the mother of his two sons. The once vibrant and bubbling Omoyemi is now a shadow of herself after her husband, Charles Imbama Okoroafor, from Kwale, Delta State, threw the lit kerosene stove at after an argument over food. Today, whenever you see Omoyemi, she is wearing thick gloves on both hands with either a cloth that will conceal her demented body up to the neck region her or is using a scarf to cover her neck just to protect herself from the scorching sun, because of the burns she suffered.

According to her, “I am from Benin but I was born and bred in Ibadan. I was a business woman; I do supply engine oil in drums. I got married to my husband, Charles Okoroafor in 1998. He is a businessman too. We are blessed with two sons, Gabriel, 13 and Charles, seven years old, respectively.” There is no home without quarrels and arguments, and so it was not different for her and her husband. Narrating her side of the story to Sunday Mirror, she said, “We use to fight at home every time. If I go out for my business and do not return home early, we would quarrel. So in the morning of January 21, 2009, he told me he wanted to eat. My house girl was in the kitchen washing the plates while I was trying to clean up the kitchen and he was in the bathroom. “Immediately he came out of the bathroom, he asked me if the food was ready. I said it was not ready, that he should exercise a little patience and he said, “Ki lon se lataro?” meaning, ‘what have you been doing since morning?’ I told him to take it easy, that the food will soon be ready. “As we were arguing, in the process, he lifted the lit kerosene stove and threw it at me and my night gown caught fire. He immediately went into the room to get dressed. My house girl started shouting, ‘fire, fire, fire!’ He came out and said, “Enu lo cause gbogbo e sile,” meaning ‘it is your mouth that caused all this.’ And I said, ‘what have I said other than you should please have patience?’ Omoyemi continued her story: “I then quickly removed the night gown, but then, the fire had burnt my body.

He then took me to Avis hospital, Agbado where I spent three days. When my friend, Mama Elshada came to visit me the third day, she took me to Longe Medical Centre; there, I spent four months. “In April, my husband called the doctor that he wanted to fly me to the United States for surgery. I was very happy about this development. The doctor then gave us a doctor’s medical report and discharged me. He insisted the medical report was needed over there. I did not know that all the documents my husband showed to me for my supposed preparation to travel abroad for the surgery were all fake and forged from the internet.” “Because of the documents he forged from the internet that he would be flying me to Miami, Florida for surgery, and hence needed a referral letter to travel with, Dr. S.O Badanki of the Longe Medical Centre, Agbado Crossing where I was rushed to had to write to the supposed Plastic Medical Centre of Jackson Medical centre, Miami, Florida. But unknown to us, it was all fake as my husband possibly required the letter either to get himself a visa or do other things.” Dr. Badanki in the referral, dated April 23, 2009, had written: “Omoyemi on examination was found to be dehydrated, pyrexic and anuric. The wound was covered with gentian violent. Assessment of the area involved revealed that the burns covered 39% of the body area and the degree of burn ranges from two to three degrees. She was treated with intravenous fluids, antibiotics and analgesics.

She improved remarkably and now moves around but a disfiguring complication arose, and that is contracture, involving the neck. In our assessment, she needs the service of a plastic surgeon for which she chose your organization.” After the doctor discharged Omoyemi, her husband reportedly he left her at home with their children and housemaid and never came home again. A distraught Omoyemi further revealed: “We only communicated through phone and whenever I ask him about my travelling for the surgery, he would cook up one story or the other. I didn’t know he was dribbling me. Later, I decided to go to Office of Public Defense (OPD), they took my statement and took steps to institute a legal action against my husband. Now, I need surgery so that I can live a normal life.” According to her, “Since I was discharged, we have not been living together but the children are with me. I am still dazed because my husband and I didn’t have any quarrel a night before the day’s incident. But I tell you, he was always angry, he has hot temper,” she lamented. How much is required and where do you intend to go for the surgery? She said, “I want to go to India and I need about N4.5 million and I also need to go with somebody.” On how she came to know about Project Alert, the Non-Governmental Organisation spear-heading her rehabilitation and treatment, she said, “When I went to the OPD-although they are trying their best, the case is almost one and half year- I told somebody about my predicament and that I needed help.

He gave me their (Project Alert’s) phone number and said a woman has also been helped through them and so I came.” How have you been feeding yourself and your children? “No help at all from family members. It is through the help of friends, it has not been easy. My husband calls the children on phone to talk to them from time to time. When this happens, the children would have gone to school, and when they come back and are told that their dad called, they will start crying. The only thing he did for us last was that he provided accommodation and that was because we were thrown out and were stranded. “Coincidentally, the day we were thrown out of our apartment, he called to talk to Gabriel our first son; he was the one who told him that we have been thrown out of our apartment and that we were squatting in the church and he told me to get a one room apartment that he will pay for it, which he did.” If he begs you for reconciliation, will you reconcile with him? “No, I don’t need a man again. Even his family members did not show any concern. I don’t even know where he is; he only talks to the children on phone and sometimes, he talks to me. The children have not seen him.

When he calls, I don’t discuss my treatment with him again. I threatened him that I would go to the television and he said I should go. Our son even told him that I said I would be going to the television and he told him I should go. What advice does she have for young women who want to get married? Omoyemi said: “They should open and shine their eyes before settling down. They should not be deceived by sweet words.” When Sunday Mirror called Mr. Charles Okoroafor to hear his side of the story, he said, “Is this what you are supposed to ask me? I have arranged to sue National Mirror Newspaper and we are taking it to the highest level. You will publish a story without contacting me? I am not an ordinary chief in a Yorubaland; I am a chief from the Niger Delta. Very soon, your newspaper will be getting a suit from my lawyer,” he threatened. However, according to Mrs. Josphine Effah- Chukwuma, Executive Director, Project Alert on Violence Against Women, a dedicated account has been opened for Omoyemi, just as she pleads for monetary aid for her plastic surgery. The accounts particulars are: Project Alert on Violence Against Women (Omoyemi Okoroafor) in Zenith Bank with number 1012664275.

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
ANGELA DAVIES 03/07/2011 03:12:00

Life came to a standstill for one-time bubbling Mrs Omoyemi Okoroafor on January 21, 2009. That day, her husband, reportedly out of anger, threw a lit kerosene stove on her. Wrenched by the all-consuming pain by the fire attack, Omoyemi unconsciously scampered around their house, looking for water to help abate the burning fire, which had caught up with her clothes. The incident, which attracted the Agbado neighbourhood on the Lagos-Ogun border area, has left many wondering as to what nature of anger could make a man give vent to such a heartless act, disfiguring his wife and the mother of his two sons. The once vibrant and bubbling Omoyemi is now a shadow of herself after her husband, Charles Imbama Okoroafor, from Kwale, Delta State, threw the lit kerosene stove at after an argument over food. Today, whenever you see Omoyemi, she is wearing thick gloves on both hands with either a cloth that will conceal her demented body up to the neck region her or is using a scarf to cover her neck just to protect herself from the scorching sun, because of the burns she suffered.

According to her, “I am from Benin but I was born and bred in Ibadan. I was a business woman; I do supply engine oil in drums. I got married to my husband, Charles Okoroafor in 1998. He is a businessman too. We are blessed with two sons, Gabriel, 13 and Charles, seven years old, respectively.” There is no home without quarrels and arguments, and so it was not different for her and her husband. Narrating her side of the story to Sunday Mirror, she said, “We use to fight at home every time. If I go out for my business and do not return home early, we would quarrel. So in the morning of January 21, 2009, he told me he wanted to eat. My house girl was in the kitchen washing the plates while I was trying to clean up the kitchen and he was in the bathroom. “Immediately he came out of the bathroom, he asked me if the food was ready. I said it was not ready, that he should exercise a little patience and he said, “Ki lon se lataro?” meaning, ‘what have you been doing since morning?’ I told him to take it easy, that the food will soon be ready. “As we were arguing, in the process, he lifted the lit kerosene stove and threw it at me and my night gown caught fire. He immediately went into the room to get dressed. My house girl started shouting, ‘fire, fire, fire!’ He came out and said, “Enu lo cause gbogbo e sile,” meaning ‘it is your mouth that caused all this.’ And I said, ‘what have I said other than you should please have patience?’ Omoyemi continued her story: “I then quickly removed the night gown, but then, the fire had burnt my body.

He then took me to Avis hospital, Agbado where I spent three days. When my friend, Mama Elshada came to visit me the third day, she took me to Longe Medical Centre; there, I spent four months. “In April, my husband called the doctor that he wanted to fly me to the United States for surgery. I was very happy about this development. The doctor then gave us a doctor’s medical report and discharged me. He insisted the medical report was needed over there. I did not know that all the documents my husband showed to me for my supposed preparation to travel abroad for the surgery were all fake and forged from the internet.” “Because of the documents he forged from the internet that he would be flying me to Miami, Florida for surgery, and hence needed a referral letter to travel with, Dr. S.O Badanki of the Longe Medical Centre, Agbado Crossing where I was rushed to had to write to the supposed Plastic Medical Centre of Jackson Medical centre, Miami, Florida. But unknown to us, it was all fake as my husband possibly required the letter either to get himself a visa or do other things.” Dr. Badanki in the referral, dated April 23, 2009, had written: “Omoyemi on examination was found to be dehydrated, pyrexic and anuric. The wound was covered with gentian violent. Assessment of the area involved revealed that the burns covered 39% of the body area and the degree of burn ranges from two to three degrees. She was treated with intravenous fluids, antibiotics and analgesics.

She improved remarkably and now moves around but a disfiguring complication arose, and that is contracture, involving the neck. In our assessment, she needs the service of a plastic surgeon for which she chose your organization.” After the doctor discharged Omoyemi, her husband reportedly he left her at home with their children and housemaid and never came home again. A distraught Omoyemi further revealed: “We only communicated through phone and whenever I ask him about my travelling for the surgery, he would cook up one story or the other. I didn’t know he was dribbling me. Later, I decided to go to Office of Public Defense (OPD), they took my statement and took steps to institute a legal action against my husband. Now, I need surgery so that I can live a normal life.” According to her, “Since I was discharged, we have not been living together but the children are with me. I am still dazed because my husband and I didn’t have any quarrel a night before the day’s incident. But I tell you, he was always angry, he has hot temper,” she lamented. How much is required and where do you intend to go for the surgery? She said, “I want to go to India and I need about N4.5 million and I also need to go with somebody.” On how she came to know about Project Alert, the Non-Governmental Organisation spear-heading her rehabilitation and treatment, she said, “When I went to the OPD-although they are trying their best, the case is almost one and half year- I told somebody about my predicament and that I needed help.

He gave me their (Project Alert’s) phone number and said a woman has also been helped through them and so I came.” How have you been feeding yourself and your children? “No help at all from family members. It is through the help of friends, it has not been easy. My husband calls the children on phone to talk to them from time to time. When this happens, the children would have gone to school, and when they come back and are told that their dad called, they will start crying. The only thing he did for us last was that he provided accommodation and that was because we were thrown out and were stranded. “Coincidentally, the day we were thrown out of our apartment, he called to talk to Gabriel our first son; he was the one who told him that we have been thrown out of our apartment and that we were squatting in the church and he told me to get a one room apartment that he will pay for it, which he did.” If he begs you for reconciliation, will you reconcile with him? “No, I don’t need a man again. Even his family members did not show any concern. I don’t even know where he is; he only talks to the children on phone and sometimes, he talks to me. The children have not seen him.

When he calls, I don’t discuss my treatment with him again. I threatened him that I would go to the television and he said I should go. Our son even told him that I said I would be going to the television and he told him I should go. What advice does she have for young women who want to get married? Omoyemi said: “They should open and shine their eyes before settling down. They should not be deceived by sweet words.” When Sunday Mirror called Mr. Charles Okoroafor to hear his side of the story, he said, “Is this what you are supposed to ask me? I have arranged to sue National Mirror Newspaper and we are taking it to the highest level. You will publish a story without contacting me? I am not an ordinary chief in a Yorubaland; I am a chief from the Niger Delta. Very soon, your newspaper will be getting a suit from my lawyer,” he threatened. However, according to Mrs. Josphine Effah- Chukwuma, Executive Director, Project Alert on Violence Against Women, a dedicated account has been opened for Omoyemi, just as she pleads for monetary aid for her plastic surgery. The accounts particulars are: Project Alert on Violence Against Women (Omoyemi Okoroafor) in Zenith Bank with number 1012664275.

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
ANGELA DAVIES 03/07/2011 03:12:00

Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by Babasessy(m): 8:43am On Jul 03, 2011
Picture

Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by Memunah(f): 7:15pm On Jul 03, 2011
First it was the man who killed his wife,now this.Whats life turning into?guess its almost the end of the world or is it just that we ve got more animals on earth now.how can a sane man do this to his wife.Na wah oh.PITY HER
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by Sicherheit(m): 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2011
Bros edit your post naa, you posted it 3 times.

@ Topic
Nigeria is full of frustrated and demented men
For someone to do what he did and still have the mouth to be talking?
What a country. undecided
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by Outstrip(f): 1:38am On Jul 04, 2011
What never ceases to amaze me is that nobody is talking about why the man is not locked up in jail right now. he is making phone calls to his children everyday after he did such a horrible thing. I wish her well and I hope that her children (especially) her son does not see this and think that it is okay to do it because there will be no consequences.
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by JadoreD: 2:06am On Jul 04, 2011
Igbo bu Igbo.
Chai! cheesy
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by Outstrip(f): 4:39am On Jul 04, 2011
jadore go get a life
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by JadoreD: 7:28am On Jul 04, 2011
Outstrip:

jadore go get a life

Out-House-Shalanga-Stripper or wharrava you call your useless self.
You need some 12 dirty slaps. Stoopid MGBEKE-'Okoro' NL WOR-WOR biatch! kiss

www.nairaland.com/attachments/475978_Omoyemi_after_112938453_jpg5a74213000b68dd0aaa1b9aa932e0ab3

[size=20pt]NA WHICH KAIN b-rea-sts BE THESE? "Em things are heading SOUTH-SOUTH for ever. . .without salvation. SEE B-REAS-ST ABUSE OH! CHINEKEEEE!!![/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Only an "Igbo" man can sag bobbies like these. Good Lord! cheesy
See as this Igbotic beast of a dude just bastardized the 'bobbies' of this fine 'yellow' woman huh?
Every tin na "BIAFRAN" war-front matter. . .even in the bedroom.

Tufiakwa!

This na real "awusa si-li-pas" bosom-es!

According to her, “I am from Benin but I was born and bred in Ibadan. I was a business woman; I do supply engine oil in drums. I got married to my husband, Charles Okoroafor in 1998. He is a businessman too. We are blessed with two sons, Gabriel, 13 and Charles, seven years old, respectively.” There is no home without quarrels and arguments, and so it was not different for her and her husband. Narrating her side of the story to Sunday Mirror, she said, “We use to fight at home every time. If I go out for my business and do not return home early, we would quarrel. So in the morning of January 21, 2009, he told me he wanted to eat.

You should have stayed in Benin and married a Bini man.
You stayed in Ibadan to learn how to become a battered woman huh?
Then got married to an "OBUGI". . .of an archaic dude who would beat the crap ourra ya because his 'oha' soup is not warm enough?
See as ya bosom-es turn to 'Ibadan paw-paw' for Okoro man hands? grin
The dude must have been squeezing the shyte ourra dem suckers!

Nna mehn. . . Igbo dudes do not know how to play with bosom-es atol atol. Every tin na Biafra 'war-front'.
Ruffians! cheesy

What advice does she have for young women who want to get married? Omoyemi said:[size=20pt] “They should open and shine their eyes before settling down. They should not be deceived by sweet words.”[/size] When Sunday Mirror called Mr. Charles Okoroafor to hear his side of the story, he said, “Is this what you are supposed to ask me? I have arranged to sue National Mirror Newspaper and we are taking it to the highest level. You will publish a story without contacting me? I am not an ordinary chief in a Yorubaland; I am a chief from the Niger Delta.Very soon, your newspaper will be getting a suit from my lawyer,” he threatened.

Real shine their eyes well before settling down. Also women should see what kind of home these men were raised in. Women should avoid marrying men whose fathers were dirty, traditional, polygamous, ye-ye chiefs. A most telling indication that they, as sons would NEVER respect women of course with all that 'Okoro-Yoruba' sharia mental illness lurking within.

A-hem!

Deji of Akure. . . Delta State Branch! cheesy
Divorce by h-acid and 'ot oyel!

Mu he he he he he

Useless men!
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by Sissy3(f): 6:56am On Jul 05, 2011
Outstrip:

What never ceases to amaze me is that nobody is talking about why the man is not locked up in jail right now. he is making phone calls to his children everyday after he did such a horrible thing. I wish her well and I hope that her children (especially) her son does not see this and think that it is okay to do it because there will be no consequences.

baffles me too undecided

God help us. the heart of a man. . . . .
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by ak47mann(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2011
JadoreD:

Out-House-Shalanga-Stripper or wharrava you call your useless self.
You need some 12 dirty slaps. Stoopid MGBEKE-'Okoro' NL WOR-WOR biatch! kiss

www.nairaland.com/attachments/475978_Omoyemi_after_112938453_jpg5a74213000b68dd0aaa1b9aa932e0ab3

[size=20pt]NA WHICH KAIN b-rea-sts BE THESE? "Em things are heading SOUTH-SOUTH for ever. . .without salvation. SEE B-REAS-ST ABUSE OH! CHINEKEEEE!!![/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Only an "Igbo" man can sag bobbies like these. Good Lord! cheesy
See as this Igbotic beast of a dude just bastardized the 'bobbies' of this fine 'yellow' woman huh?
Every tin na "BIAFRAN" war-front matter. . .even in the bedroom.

Tufiakwa!

This na real "awusa si-li-pas" bosom-es!

You should have stayed in Benin and married a Bini man.
You stayed in Ibadan to learn how to become a battered woman huh?
Then got married to an "OBUGI". . .of an archaic dude who would beat the crap ourra ya because his 'oha' soup is not warm enough?
See as ya bosom-es turn to 'Ibadan paw-paw' for Okoro man hands? grin
The dude must have been squeezing the shyte ourra dem suckers!

Nna mehn. . . Igbo dudes do not know how to play with bosom-es atol atol. Every tin na Biafra 'war-front'.
Ruffians! cheesy

Real shine their eyes well before settling down. Also women should see what kind of home these men were raised in. Women should avoid marrying men whose fathers were dirty, traditional, polygamous, ye-ye chiefs. A most telling indication that they, as sons would NEVER respect women of course with all that 'Okoro-Yoruba' sharia mental illness lurking within.

A-hem!

Deji of Akure. . . Delta State Branch! cheesy
Divorce by h-acid and 'ot oyel!

Mu he he he he he

Useless men!
but northerners behead their wives undecided
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by Afam4eva(m): 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2011
What a wicked husband.
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2011
Sad. I really feel sorry for this woman. Her husband's a real beast.

A bit off-topic here - is JadoreD the same person as Blazay / Almondjoy? Lot's of the mannerisms, emoticons etc are pretty similar. wink
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by ak47mann(m): 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
Siena:

A bit off-topic here - is JadoreD the same person as Blazay / Almondjoy? Lot's of the mannerisms, emoticons etc are pretty similar. wink

yep you are right that is blazay for you cool cool
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by SYMBILI: 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2011
Siena:

A bit off-topic here - is JadoreD the same person as Blazay / Almondjoy? Lot's of the mannerisms, emoticons etc are pretty similar.  wink

Na who telly you? cheesy
Erm, I dey go see "OGIDI" next week o, since I don land for your side. wink You wan follow me go?  wink
Me and my entire family wan go greet am. kiss We don get appointment. Will be visiting for only 5 days. kiss
Back in October too, to celebrate my birthday in style via Duba! kiss
I have something for my gal Sienna! kiss

ak47mann:

yep you are right that is blazay for you cool cool

I LOVE NAIRALAND!!!!!!  cool
Re: For Delaying His Meal, Man Deforms Wife: N4.5million Needed For Surgery(pics) by kandiikane(m): 8:10am On Jul 07, 2011
Holy Shyt!!

Should pour acid on his blokos

(1) (Reply)

Miss Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging / VIDEO: Nigerian Man Caught With Drugs In Roasted Chicken!! (VIDEO) / 9 Year Albino Butchered Into Pieces By Albino Hunters In Malawi (graphic Pic )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.