Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

If I Hav My Child In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If I Hav My Child In Nigeria (2517 Views)

Renewal Of US Passport For Child In Nigeria / Can I Use My Uk P (not Bc) To Apply For Uk P For My Child Who Was Born In Naija? / I Hav A Uk Visa Stamp On My Passport, Do I Need To Change To D New Epassport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 03, 2011
I hav lived in nigeria since I was 13 but I am a naturalized britsh citizen. Unfortunatly, when I applied for my passport in 2002 they gave me so many interveiws and when they finally wanted to give me the passport my mum had travelled with the original of my naturalisation certificate and refused to give it to anybody due to her illness (schizophrenia).
I hav not bin in contact with my mum since then but I later discovered that the document was with my uncle (her senior brother) who said the family had agreed to give me when I am done with my university education. I am in my at the end of my third year now and will graduate around this time next year. The issue here is I recently got married (court) am yet to do traditional and I am pregnant and I want to travel to the uk to have my baby but without my certificate of naturalisation I can't apply for my britsh passport. Pleas does anyone have any advice.my husband is so angry bout d whole thing because this uncle of mine has not been taking care of me in nigeria and yet he wants to dictate what I do with my life.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by dellnet: 11:44am On Jul 03, 2011
how old are you?
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 03, 2011
I am 25
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by dellnet: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2011
Why don't you pull your records from UK and forget about your Nigerian folks?
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2011
I am in nigeria and I don't have a visa to come to the uk or is there a way I can get another certificate of naturalisation whilst in naija? I think I might not b legible for a visa cos the embassy will know I am a naturalised citizen. Also if I end up having my baby herE will I b abl to apply for citizenship for the child? ie by decent?
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by dellnet: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2011
Yes there is a way, contact homeoffice and request for a replacement
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 03, 2011
R u serz? I didn't know that was possible ok I will check their site now.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by dellnet: 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2011
Ok I just checked their site I think it costs £86.if this works I will b so mad at myslf cos its taken 16 yrs for me to do this, sigh.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by dellnet: 1:37pm On Jul 03, 2011
parisienne:

Ok I just checked their site I think it costs £86.if this works I will b so mad at myslf cos its taken 16 yrs for me to do this, sigh.
Information matters, girl.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2011
I'm alarmed on how some family relatives dictates and it cause mainly by jealous and envy.@ poster i wish you well and try to take things easy, act like a fool until you get what you want from them.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2011
Lol! Thanks a million. I owe u one.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by dellnet: 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2011
mohumyta:

act like a fool until you get what you want from them.

I think brush through and let them understand.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2011
I can't believe it either. All the while I have bin in nigeria my ill mother tot I had come to london but didn't want to visit her. And this my uncle goes to jand almost every year and he will tell us she is ok. Meanwhile my sisters friend who is a social worker went to her house some weeks ago and said she is so ill and unkempt and that she needs serious medical care and attention. She was horrified at the state of her appartment she kept calling us here in naija and saying one of us (her 6 kids) should come and stay with her and that our uncle is wicked for telling us she is ok cos she smells so bad and its obvious that she is ill. I am the only citizen out of my siblings and this uncle that is telling me to finish school has not even takeen care of my school fees or even called me to know if I am alive since my father died in 2002. He didn't even believe it when my brother told him I had gotten admission into university hee said they should verify that I am lying. He thinks am some spoilt jand girl but what he fails to understand is whether I am or not is not his problem cos he is not feeding me or housing me even though he is incharge of my mums share of their fathers inheritance and doesn't giver her or us anything.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by dellnet: 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2011
Calm down girl this is a small world. You will get to realize what it is, pretty soon. I don.t think you will have a problem once you can prove your citizenship.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by ada24: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2011
parisienne:

I can't believe it either. All the while I have bin in nigeria my ill mother tot I had come to london but didn't want to visit her. And this my uncle goes to jand almost every year and he will tell us she is ok. Meanwhile my sisters friend who is a social worker went to her house some weeks ago and said she is so ill and unkempt and that she needs serious medical care and attention. She was horrified at the state of her appartment she kept calling us here in naija and saying one of us (her 6 kids) should come and stay with her and that our uncle is wicked for telling us she is ok cos she smells so bad and its obvious that she is ill. I am the only citizen out of my siblings and this uncle that is telling me to finish school has not even takeen care of my school fees or even called me to know if I am alive since my father died in 2002. He didn't even believe it when my brother told him I had gotten admission into university hee said they should verify that I am lying. He thinks am some spoilt jand girl but what he fails to understand is whether I am or not is not his problem cos he is not feeding me or housing me even though he is incharge of my mums share of their fathers inheritance and doesn't giver her or us anything.

ah the jealous relatives strike again - everything u do is cos ur a jand girl - abeg my dear get ur papers and start living ur life. The best way to deal with enemies of progress is to be a success
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2011
@ada24 WORD
@del we go push am
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Snowwy: 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2011
@OP,
Your child will be a british citizen by descent if born outside the UK as seen below:

'A British citizen otherwise than by
descent, can automatically pass on
British citizenship to a child born outside
the UK. You can be a British Citizen
otherwise than by descent by:
Birth;
Registration;
Naturalisation;
Adoption.
A British citizen by descent is a person
born outside the UK and is acquired if
one or both parents are British citizens.
This means that you cannot
automatically pass on British citizenship
to any child who is born abroad.'

If you have your baby in Nigeria, the baby will be a british citizen by descent, if you have the baby in UK, the baby will be a british citizen otherwise than by descent.

However I advise you process for your british passport asap and i hope u get your documents needed soon.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2011
Thanks I will do that.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by ada24: 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2011
if you have your babies in Nigeria they will be British thru you, however, ur grandchildren will have to be born in the UK to be British if your own children are born in nigeria

ur kids can't pass it on if born outside the UK - I think
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by demi2008(f): 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
Goodluck
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2011
Thanks for all ur kind wishes
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by horny4u(f): 8:54am On Oct 13, 2011
Donot tell your uncle anything, donot it hush hush,

Write to the UK home office and they will have all your data in their system

note oyinbo no dey use their pickin play, declare your certificate missing and they will pull out another one.

Na ear oyinbo use recognise my sis after many years of her living in naija as she left USA at age 2 and returned at 26.
Re: If I Hav My Child In Nigeria by noblegas2(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2011
horny4u:

Donot tell your uncle anything, donot it hush hush,

Write to the UK home office and they will have all your data in their system

note oyinbo no dey use their pickin play, declare your certificate missing and they will pull out another one.

Na ear oyinbo use recognise my sis after many years of her living in naija as she left USA at age 2 and returned at 26.

Very true!

(1) (Reply)

Australia Is The World’s Happiest Country — Again / Please I Want To Know How Deep The Pools In Four Points Hotel And Eko Hotel Are. / Jos, City Of Captivating Landscape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.