Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Help: My Localhost Is Not Running Well. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help: My Localhost Is Not Running Well. (1759 Views)

Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost / Please Help!!! Mysql 5.6 Not Running On My Pc. / Mysql: Cannot Connect To Mysql, Access Denied For Root@localhost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Localhost Is Not Running Well. by greatfiso(m): 12:13am On Aug 05, 2007
My people pls help me.

my local host will not work except i am connected to the internet, it wasnt behaving like this untill about 3 days ago and i lost some of the work ive done when i was trying to fix it.

pls what do i do?

thank you all in anticipation.
Re: Help: My Localhost Is Not Running Well. by opensource(m): 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2007
Provide more information and maybe you would get help

what server type you running

firewall and antivirus ( maybe port changed)

what application is running / installed IIS , Linux , Easy php , winamp , Apache

many more just say and maybe u could get help
Re: Help: My Localhost Is Not Running Well. by smartsoft(m): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2007
ya provide those info and also i guess i have something close to that, my server don;t allow me to view my works on IE expect FF but i can connect to Internet with IE so why don't you use FireFox and see what happen or better still you can provide those info Opensource ask ya
Re: Help: My Localhost Is Not Running Well. by simplyme3(f): 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2007
by localhost you mean IIS set up on your computer so it can act as a server? Is that what you mean?
Re: Help: My Localhost Is Not Running Well. by simpledee(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2007
This is what you should do.

Whatever webserver you are using (Apache, IIS etc), check to ensure that it is started. If it is and you can't get localhost on your web browser, try using the loop-back address (127.0.0.1) in place of localhost - Apache behaves like this if your httpd.conf configuration is not well set up.

Check the connetion settings on your browser. Under LAN Settings, if you're using a proxy server ensure you check the By pass Proxy for Local Address and include localhost, 127.0.0.1 and maybe your IP adress in the by pass list. What happens if you don't include these settings, is that the browser attempts to look for whatever you type in after the http protocol on the internet; meaning it keeps glooming around the world instead of your local machine.

That should solve it.

Take care.
Re: Help: My Localhost Is Not Running Well. by greatfiso(m): 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2007
oh thank you all.

@simpledee
thank you cheesy i didnt try it twice, GOD bless you in abundant measures.

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Use Wamp Server To View Joomla Templates / Beyonce Launches Her Own Blog: “the Beyhive” / Bloggers With Google Adsense Whatsapp Group! Drop Your Contact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.