Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Give Us This Day": Nigeria Clash With Ghana As History Tends To Repeat Itself - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Give Us This Day": Nigeria Clash With Ghana As History Tends To Repeat Itself (297 Views)

AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash / Gernot Rohr Replaces Ndidi With Esiti For Nigeria’s Clash Against Ukraine / Messi, Ighalo To Miss Argentina, Nigeria Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Give Us This Day": Nigeria Clash With Ghana As History Tends To Repeat Itself by Sportcruz(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2022

Nigeria clash with Ghana in winner-take-all affairs at MKO Abiola Stadium to determine who guarantees a spot at this year’s 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Nigeria host Ghana in one of the biggest matches in the country’s footballing history after a thrilling goalless draw in Kumasi and in front of a 60,000 capacity crowd on Tuesday.

It represents another biggest day in the Super Eagles' history as both Nigerians at home and diaspora are highly expectant as Nigeria yet on the threshold of making another history.

For Coach Augustine Eguavoen, the day represents a turning point in his coaching history as he can become only the third indigenous man, after the late Coach Shuaibu Amodu and Stephen Keshi (also late) to have qualified the team for the global showpiece, if he leads the Super Eagles to pick the World Cup ticket today.

Nigeria coach Augustine Eguavoen said he has been training his boys to score goals, utilize every chance that comes their way.

“I am not under any pressure. Yes, I am representing all Nigerian coaches and we want to be in Qatar. When we cross the line, everybody will jubilation.”

Also, Captain Ahmed Musa told thenff.com that “All the players, including myself, want to go to the World Cup. For me, it is very important because it could be my last World Cup. I enjoyed the last two finals that I participated in, Brazil 2014 and Russia 2018. I want to experience it again. Most of the players in the present squad have not been to the World Cup and they desire to be there.

“We all know it won’t be easy. Ghana will come here to do battle but we are ready for whatever they turn up with. I will not say more than that.”

Nigeria(6) are only behind Cameroon(7) for most represented African nation in the history of the FIFA World Cup, with the players highly determined to put up a performance that will earn Nigeria a seventh appearance at football’s biggest houseparty since her 1994 debut and also her fourth consecutive FIFA World Cup, having participated in 2010 (South Africa), 2014 (Brazil) and in 2018 (Russia)

Nigeria have been at every FIFA World Cup finals since 1994, bar the 2006 edition in Germany.

History about to repeat itself!
Click here to read more about it. [url]https://sportcruz.com/football/give-us-this-day-our-biggest-day-nigeria-clash-with-ghana-in-winner-take-all-affairs-as-history-tends-to-repeat-itself/
[/url]
Re: Give Us This Day": Nigeria Clash With Ghana As History Tends To Repeat Itself by Padipadi(m): 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2022
Make Una win o or else Buhari ll be named a complete oloriburuku.
Cos people are sad about the Kaduna train attack.
Wetin come vex me much be say Kaduna has been attacked more than 3 by times this March
Re: Give Us This Day": Nigeria Clash With Ghana As History Tends To Repeat Itself by Sportcruz(m): 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2022
Padipadi:
Make Una win o or else Buhari ll be named a complete oloriburuku.
Cos people are sad about the Kaduna train attack.
Wetin come vex me much be say Kaduna has been attacked more than 3 by times this March
Bruh that Kaduna train attack today. May the decease rest in perfect peace.

(1) (Reply)

Chukwueze Ends Bayern Munich Champions League Dream / Four Draws From Reliable Source For Pay After / CAF Confed Cup: Ndah Helps Orlando Pirates Seal Final Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.