Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

The Design Process Of This Logo - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / The Design Process Of This Logo (326 Views)

My Logo Design Process V1: Real Life Project / My Logo Design Process / Please Guys I Know It Is Not Perfect But Please Critique This Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Design Process Of This Logo by SPGraphics: 11:28am On Mar 30, 2022
NAME: Shaibu Yahya
COMPANY NAME:Shaibu's Graphix

STEPS TAKEN..
The idea for this Logo was generated from the name of the owner
which is also the Company name. The owner only wants to use his last
name as the company name to ease pronunciation and also to avoid the
longevity of the name. Instead of using , "SHAIBU YAHYA GRAPHIX",
He preferred to use SHAIBU'S GRAPHIX.

As the designer, I started by removing the first letter of the names ( i.e. S & Y)
From here, I looked for a way to combine these letters in order to communicate what the company does,
(i.e. graphic design)..

I then started by sketching with the letters. I took series of sketches and eventually arrived at this.
Merely looking at the LOGO, you will see two things:
1. A painting bucket
2. A painting brush

These are among the toolset of a designer or a painter.
Then, I exported the sketch into Adobe Illustrator for the final Illustration. The illustration was done in black
This is to get the shape of the Logo.

COLOR USED
Orange: The 'title" which is the dot on the paint brush(i.e. a pouring paint & the tip of a brush)was rendered in
orange color to signify strength, youthfulness, creativity, joy etc.

Black: The body of the Logo was initially rendered in black to signify confidence, boldness and strength.

The logo was also used in different backgrounds to know how it is going to look when used on such backgrounds

FEEDBACK
Finally, a small boy of about 6 years old was called upon to say what he could see from the logo and he said,
"painting brush". Boom!, we have just represented the company in its Logo.

NOTE: [/b]This is a Logo that will go for as high as $18,000 or higher in NEW YORK and some other parts of the world.

Get yourself a unique Logo like this today at an affordable price.

[b]Contact us by call or Whatsapp: 07068651780

Re: The Design Process Of This Logo by serenityaliyu(m): 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
shocked grin
Re: The Design Process Of This Logo by erad(m): 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
Well... A number of things made this post a very funny one.
Very very funny to say the least.

1. It's funny that your client, a "graphics designer", cannot undertake his own logo design process and needs another graphics designer to do it for him. I can only wish his clients the very best.

2. "to avoid the longevity of the name...". Seriously?
Big big grammar is not a must, especially when you don't understand it's structure and appropriate use. We have dictionaries for this sole purpose.

3. You mean someone saw a paintbrush in that logo? A 6 year old boy? Then I guess the target audience of your client are kids. If that's the case, then you're on the right track even though I've been staring at that logo for hours and can't see a paintbrush anywhere.

4. One single logo costs $18,000 in New York? At N415.75 to a dollar exchange rate, that's N7,483,500. Where una dey see this money? Abeg show me the way.

2 Likes

Re: The Design Process Of This Logo by adeprof18(m): 6:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hahaha

(1) (Reply)

Letter F Is For / Artist And Film Poster Graphics Designer Needed / Help A Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.