Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? (2570 Views)

Distress Sales. Deep Freezer And Laptop Available For Sale / Royal Chest Freezer And 1hp Royal Split-type Room Air Conditioner For Sale / Side By Side Fridge And Freezer and 3hp Ac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by newguy365: 6:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hello guys, I am thinking of getting an inverter fridge or freezer. I am aware of how unreliable inverter AC has been but with the resent improvements like dual compressor technology, inverter ACs are gradually becoming more reliable. However I can't say the same for inverter refrigerators and freezers.

Please if you have used inverter fridge or currently using one, kindly drop a review, I will really appreciate it. I also want to add that I went online. (jiji) to check for the price and I saw many new LG and Samsung models that are for sale with less than 6 months use which got me thinking if the system is actually reliable. The sellers are actually the wrong guys to ask this question as they will never tell you if it is really bad cause they want to sell.

Please your review will greatly help.
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by newguy365: 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
help a budy with reviews kiss
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by matify83: 7:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
Is the inverter fridge/freezer reliable?

A mighty yes

I have used the Lg inverter fridge/freezer for over 6 years now and I must confess, it's a big budget saver especially as I run my home off grid.

However, I recently added a Bona ac/DC chest freezer to my "green collections" and must say I found heaven.

The 118litre freezer consumes just 60watt/ hour of electricity.

I ran this freezer all night on my off grid system without dropping below 50% batter charge while using 2 qasa ac/dc 18' standing fans at the same time.

Initial cost of procurement may be prohibitive, but you save more on energy bills over time.

Bought the lg fridge/freezer then for 180K

3 Likes

Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by newguy365: 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
matify83:

A mighty yes

I have used the Lg inverter fridge/freezer for over 6 years now and I must confess, it's a big budget saver especially as I run my home off grid.

However, I recently added a Bona ac/DC chest freezer to my "green collections" and must say I found heaven.

I ran this freezer all night on my off grid system without dropping below 50% batter charge while using 2 qasa ac/dc 18' standing fans at the same time.

Initial cost of procurement may be prohibitive, but you save more on energy bills over time.

God bless you my good sir, I am running a 3.5kva inverter system and the fridge below is exactly what I want to buy. You said it was 6 years ago, I didn't know the technology has been around for that long. While I believe later technologies are less superior to older technologies, I will just believe that the fridge below is a good fit while praying

Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by matify83: 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
newguy365:

God bless you my good sir, I am running a 3.5kva inverter system and the fridge below is exactly what I want to buy. You said it was 6 years ago, I didn't know the technology has been around for that long. While I believe later technologies are less superior to older technologies, I will just believe that the fridge below is a good fit while praying

The one in the middle looks like what I have.

The inverter technology may be older than 6 years ago but I'm sure it has gotten better with time.

Been trying to upload a pix of my lg fridge/ freezer but can't at the moment.
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by matify83: 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
If I may suggest, I think an AC/DC freezer would be gentler on you inverter batteries than an inverter fridge as the inverter fridge only has slow starting voltage compared to regular fridges bit a DC system is built to run on lower voltages .

My Bona freezer, for DC setup an runs on a >>10W solar panel or a 12 V battery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by newguy365: 8:21am On Mar 31, 2022
matify83:
If I may suggest, I think an AC/DC freezer would be gentler on you inverter batteries than an inverter fridge as the inverter fridge only has slow starting voltage compared to regular fridges bit a DC system is built to run on lower voltages .

Thanks bro, I checked out that Bona, however, they only have deep freezer, no fridge. I will consider it in the future. I appreciate your input.
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by Lionmarshal(m): 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
matify83:

Boss I’ll love to know much more about this BONA freezer if it is still serving you well and how about it’s freezing and defrosting
newguy365:

Thanks bro, I checked out that Bona, however, they only have deep freezer, no fridge. I will consider it in the future. I appreciate your input.
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by ibietela2(m): 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
newguy365:

how far? did you buy?
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by fkyshow(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2023
matify83:

A mighty yes

Hi bro, how is the Bona holding up? I am considering getting one but concerned about apparent lack of customer service, I can't even get their website and the Facebook channel is not run professionally imo
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by matify83: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2023
fkyshow:

Hi bro, how is the Bona holding up? I am considering getting one but concerned about apparent lack of customer service, I can't even get their website and the Facebook channel is not run professionally imo

Hi, just seeing you mention.

Well, Bona is holding up pretty good for now.

Hoping it will last as long as my LG inverter fridge freezer is doing right now.

As for customer service, I also don't know of any especially here in Makurdi where I am domicile.

However, when I get to that bridge I will decipher a way of crossing it.

I buy most of my solar products from Lagos via some reputable guys I have had dealings with over time.

Had been ripped off by some but they all deliver what I eventually want.
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by Anchorg: 12:32am On Dec 05, 2023
I bought A Bona freezer in October and i have been struggling with it. I would say i am actually disappointed. I got the freezer for business and it's not been freezing. It just chills the drink.
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by fashrola(m): 3:00am On Dec 07, 2023
I wanted to get the Solar fridge or Freezer to work with my inverter system........ I need review on the Bona and Yaobao freezer i'm seeing on Jiji

Does it freeze items at all? if yes in how many hours and how is the retention effectiveness when its off the supply
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by stanvesco(m): 2:37am On Dec 09, 2023
Anchorg:
I bought A Bona freezer in October and i have been struggling with it. I would say i am actually disappointed. I got the freezer for business and it's not been freezing. It just chills the drink.

Sell it to me?
Quite your price

1 Like

Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by fkyshow(m): 6:04am On Feb 10
matify83:

Hi, just seeing you mention.

Well, Bona is holding up pretty good for now.

Hoping it will last as long as my LG inverter fridge freezer is doing right now.

As for customer service, I also don't know of any especially here in Makurdi where I am domicile.

However, when I get to that bridge I will decipher a way of crossing it.

I buy most of my solar products from Lagos via some reputable guys I have had dealings with over time.

Had been ripped off by some but they all deliver what I eventually want.

Thanks, I did eventually get a 168l Bona solar freezer and I am pretty happy with it so far.
Re: Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? by fkyshow(m): 6:07am On Feb 10
matify83:

Yes, I fully agree.

(1) (Reply)

Cbc Towers Now Leasing Office Space 6th Floor Ocean View / 30% Discount On 3D And Metallic Epoxy Floors / Onduline Roof Tiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.