Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Historical Photos Not In History Books - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Historical Photos Not In History Books (3825 Views)

Fine Collection Of Fascinating, Interesting And Historical Photos / Creepiest historical Photos you'll ever find on the internet / Horrifically Sad Historical Photos That Completely Shook The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by TheSourcerer: 1:05am On Apr 01, 2022
ruggedtimi:
I have seen this in history books..so many of the pics you posted I have seen all since 2011....
tell me , what's your take on dreams?
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by Dominatrix(f): 1:19am On Apr 01, 2022
TheSourcerer:
lol what ......?
I was wondering if it's your birthday....
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by ElValiente(m): 2:00am On Apr 01, 2022
Thanks. HAPPY birthday Legend after Explorer and Macsjeb. Love you guys.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by ThickSharon123(f): 3:48am On Apr 01, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Potato Sack Marilyn

In 1951, Marilyn Monroe was snapped wearing a low-cut red dress to a party. The next day, a columnist slated her and claimed that she looked "cheap and vulgar." He then commented that she would have looked more decent in a potato sack than in her red dress.

Marilyn had her own special way of responding to critics and dealt with his harsh comments with her wicked sense of humor. She simply responded with this brilliant photo proving that even in a potato sack, she still looks impossibly amazing

Marylin the screen goddess.
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by TheSourcerer: 6:44am On Apr 01, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Marylin the screen goddess.
true goddess smiley
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by TheSourcerer: 6:45am On Apr 01, 2022
Dominatrix:

I was wondering if it's your birthday....
haha yeah! Morning Dominatrix , had good dreams?
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by TheSourcerer: 6:53am On Apr 01, 2022
CAPSLOCKED:

1. THEY CAME BEFORE MEN BUT HOW DID THEY REPRODUCE?
2. THEY PROBABLY SURVIVED APEX PREDATORS BECAUSE THEIR MEN, JUST AS TODAY'S MEN, WILL ALWAYS PLACE WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST EVEN AT THE DETRIMENT OF MEN'S LIVES.
3. IT'S NOT ONLY BLACK WOMEN'S WOMBS THAT BRING FORTH LIFE. SNAKES, BATS, SPIDERS, GOATS. JUST A TINY LIST OF MILLIONS OF SPECIES THAT REPRODUCE. IT'S NOT "MAGIK", IT'S BIOLOGY.
4. THERE'S NOTHING CUNNING AND INTELLIGENT ABOUT BLACK WOMEN OR ANY WOMEN. MEN JUST LET THEM PLAY THE MENTAL GAME. THIS IS WHY YOU BEAT THEM TO IT WHENEVER YOU PAY ATTENTION.

I DIDN'T COME HERE TO ARGUE. YOU'RE 100% CORRECT EVERYTIME YOU SAY BLACK WOMAN IS GOD. MAKES NO MEANING TO ME WHEN YOU SAY "GOD" INSTEAD OF "A GOD/GODDESS". BUT YOU'RE CORRECT.
How the First Female reproduced I don't know , makes you wonder if man is human or a result of a random bizzare sexual encounter .
2.....Yes sure , manipulation comes into play here too , for some reason the man feels obligated to help and protect the woman at all cost, this still perplexes me , evolution did us wrong this way

3.... Yeah all living female animals give birth , and yes that is magickal , it dosnt have to be hocus pocus though . as there's nothing real in magick

4.......True , but I believe men are women are the same . in what sense ? A woman can be as evil as Hitler and be in a Petit cute body , A man could harbour demons and still look presentably human ,point is male or female ,the gender is a cover up , both are equally devious cunning and all that . been a woman just gives them an unfair moral sterotypical boost

And finally I say God , to tickle the buttholes of Godlovers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by Dominatrix(f): 8:31am On Apr 01, 2022
TheSourcerer:
haha yeah! Morning Dominatrix , had good dreams?

Really!... Well, a happy belated one to you then!!
Good morning... (+Hardly dream unless...) lipsrsealed.
Lol

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by Dominatrix(f): 8:33am On Apr 01, 2022
TheSourcerer:
How the First Female reproduced I don't know , makes you wonder if man is human or a result of a random bizzare sexual encounter .
2.....Yes sure , manipulation comes into play here too , for some reason the man feels obligated to help and protect the woman at all cost, this still perplexes me , evolution did us wrong this way

3.... Yeah all living female animals give birth , and yes that is magickal , it dosnt have to be hocus pocus though . as there's nothing real in magick

4.......True , but I believe men are women are the same . in what sense ? A woman can be as evil as Hitler and be in a Petit cute body , A man could harbour demons and still look presentably human ,point is male or female ,the gender is a cover up , both are equally devious cunning and all that . been a woman just gives them an unfair moral sterotypical boost

cool

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by TheSourcerer: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2022
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by TheSourcerer: 9:09am On Apr 01, 2022
Dominatrix:

Really!... Well, a happy belated one to you then!!
Good morning... (+Hardly dream unless...) lipsrsealed.
Lol
I fancy nightmares , especially when I become aware its a nightmare by tickling your tiny toe , this jerks you up to reality of your dream , now you can fly , change to animals , vivid dream , but then time goes fast then you would then be awaken staring in your face 9am!!!
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by Dominatrix(f): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2022
TheSourcerer:
I fancy nightmares , especially when I become aware its a nightmare by tickling your tiny toe , this jerks you up to reality of your dream , now you can fly , change to animals , vivid dream , but then time goes fast then you would then be awaken staring in your face 9am!!!

What about people who have precognitive dreams?....
Like I said I don't dream every day, sometimes the scary dreams aren't all exciting as you described because they just might occur (92% likely to)
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by TheSourcerer: 12:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dominatrix:

What about people who have precognitive dreams?....
Like I said I don't dream every day, sometimes the scary dreams aren't all exciting as you described because they just might occur (92% likely to)
Precognitive dreams are basically coincidence ,

Hope you're having a super fabulous day ?
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by CAPSLOCKED: 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2022
TheSourcerer:

BUTTHOLE grin

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by Dominatrix(f): 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
TheSourcerer:

Precognitive dreams are basically coincidence ,

Hope you're having a super fabulous day ?

This is the point where I get my whip!! How could you!!

(Check your email tho)
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by TheSourcerer: 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dominatrix:

This is the point where I get my whip!! How could you!!

(Check your email tho)
Dominatrix smiley
Re: Historical Photos Not In History Books by MrJaay(m): 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2022
TheSourcerer:
President Nixon Resigns

Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein are sat together side by side watching President Nixon resign in 1974.

The Watergate scandal had shocked America for two years and rather than admit to his wrongdoings, Nixon stepped down halfway through his second term.

Btw- Nixon decriminalized Marijuana for his greedy gain and race war , knowing fully well War on drugs was a scam motto ' in other words Nixon was not a good guy

The Watergate scandal tarnished his legacy and Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein were the reporters who brought the scandal to the public's attention. Here, they are triumphantly watching as they witness their journalist venture result in the president's resignation

Great to see what Woodward and Bernstein looked like at the time. As a communication studies enthusiast with specific interest in Agenda Setting Theory of communication, permit me to further enrich this post:

Em Griffin in his 2003 book entitled: A First Look At Communication Theory, gave a comprehensive account of antecedent events of 1972 that inspired new dimensions to media effect research.

In the book, Griffin narrated how the burglary of the Democratic National Committee headquarters in June 1972 otherwise referred to as "the Watergate scandal" was followed by repeated coverage and reportage of the crime from various angles by News Editor Ben Bradlee and reporters; Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein religiously until almost every American became familiar with the story, ultimately leading to the impeachment and subsequent resignation of U.S President Richard Nixon, who majority of citizens believed was either responsible for the break-in or had tried to cover it up.

For proponents of powerful media effect at the time, that development (how consistent media reports drew mass public attention to watergate) could not have occured at a better time, considering how multiple studies between the 1940s and 1950s such as (Lazarsfeld et-al 1948) were unable to find proof to substantiate the notion that the media produced an overwhelming effect on its consumers.

Journalism professors McCombs and Shaw simply regarded events surrounding Watergate as a perfect example of the agenda-setting function of the mass media that shows how the mass media have the ability to transfer the salience of items on their news agendas to the public agenda.

Simply put, "we look to news professionals for cues on where to focus our attention and we judge as important what the media judge as important"

Do you agree with this Agenda Setting theory?

Ofcos the claims in the tenets of the theory have been subjected to several correlational and experimental studies over the years for confirmation, but I wouldn't want to bore anyone with that..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2012 Post-UTME Legal - Nigerian Senate / First Of A Kind....jamb C.b.t Commences Share Ur Experiences/opinions / Most Beautiful Face In Nigeria 2014 Rita Onyemaechi Releases New Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.