Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) (35260 Views)

Lightning Strike Kills Referee During Football Match In Niger State (Photos) / Kerosene Explosion Kills Four Family Members In Calabar / Coronavirus: UK Returnee Causes Panic In Ondo Community, Self-Isolates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by MrCover: 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
A lightning strike has killed at least four young people in Ago Dada village, in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, on Wednesday evening during a rainfall.

The four youths who were struck by the lightning during the light rain in their homes died on the spot before any help could reach them.

The development caused tension in the agrarian community as residents of the community trooped to the scene of the incident.

A resident explained that the four young men were inside a house when the lightning suddenly enveloped the community with the accompanying thunder, killing the four of them.

He said, “the lightning was like an electric sparks and a heavy thunderstorm which shook the entire community and by the time we know it, people have been screaming in front of the deceased house after discovering that they have been struck by the lightening.”

Another source, however, said the death of the four men who are residents of the community sparked controversy between the youths and some leaders of the community, leading to protest by some aggrieved youths.

He disclosed that the protest led to the destruction of properties and said ” the youths of the village went rampage this morning which resulted in injuring of an elderly man in the village.

Meanwhile, some traditionalists adherent visited the scene of the incident to perform some rites and appease the gods before the bodies of the men could be buried.

He said “I was told that we could not immediately remove their bodies. They said Sango adherents must perform some rites.”

Confirming the development, when contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer(PPRO), Mrs Funmilayo Odunlami, confirmed the incident but said there was no protest in the village.

Odunlami said, “I can confirm to you that four youths were killed by thunder in the village, but there was no protest leading to another death in the village.

“Maybe there was an argument when the families of those affected wanted to pick up the remains of the victims for burial. It was a painful thing, but who do they want to protest to?”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/lightning-kills-four-men-in-ondo-community/

2 Shares

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Oblitz(m): 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
What is it with lightning and Ondo? Last time it killed cows

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by MrCover: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
Oblitz:

See More Photos Via www.. Com

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Lamasta(m): 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
If you hear thunder my brother run o grin

RIP to the deceased

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by MrCover: 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
Lamasta:
If you hear thunder my brother run o grin

RIP to the deceased

There Is No Single Day That Will Pass Without Coming Across One Bad News Or The Other In This Country.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by illicit(m): 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
The witness account is not clear

13 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Suspect1: 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
MrCover:

There Is No Single Day That Will Pass Without Coming Across One Bad News Or The Other In This Country.
stop hyping ur self noise maker!

87 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
Oblitz:

Sango tinz.

7 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
In this age and time? Na wa o.

According to reports, the four men were together in a room". Doing what?

Have they tried to find out what the men were up to?

19 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by MrCover: 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
Suspect1:
stop hyping ur self noise maker!

Do You Know Before Now?

6 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Suspect1: 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
MrCover:

Do You Know Before Now?
shhh... Noise indeed.

12 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by heniford2: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
RIP nawa

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by BigRocky: 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
I strongly believe science can give a more comprehensive explanation on while thunder struck people dead

6 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by UselessBuharist: 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
Can’t this lightening visit the right places? Like the office of the president, office of the minister of information and Buhari’s supporters

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Cokahot: 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2022
I was on top speedwith defroster by 9pm. Oh boy lightning scattered my rear spoiler, damaging the stainless steel design on it. I felt a big hit at the booth,thinking maybe it was something I climbed on,not knowing it was lightning.oh boy. Nawa o,I was scared, it was raining and there was mad lightning everywhere,fences got damaged,roofs got taken off and of cos some mofockaz had accidents. I love rain die no more driving inside rain,I park anywhere rain meet me

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Rickmann: 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
Oblitz:

It only implies there is perhaps so much evil in the land.

4 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by posty56: 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
BigRocky:
I strongly believe science can give a more comprehensive explanation on while thunder struck people dead
na this more of spiritual

3 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by tillaman(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
Yeezus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
But na yesterday Thursday thunder ⚡⚡ strike naaaa. .

3 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Okeyc230: 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
Young men and sudden death

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by nazicartel(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
No be this same Ondo weh lightening kill cows some years back
?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by abobote: 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
That's strange, hope their hands are clean?
RIP

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Hezzyluv: 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
shocked

RIP

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by kokkubabboni421(m): 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
Anything can kill someone in Nigeria.
If it’s not bandit, it’s unknown gun men, if they are not at play, SARS would do the needful. If sars goes on holiday, Local vigilante can takeover
If they decide to rest, Ritualist parading as yahoo boys will follow suit
I think the average Nigerian deserves an Oscar for solely surviving
What we are battling now is heat. If this temperature doesn’t kill someone, what else will?
Let me intimate your guys on something, the hell fire the Bible talked about is Nigeria
And when Christ said on the cross, it is finished he was referring to Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by specialmati(m): 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
embarassed embarassed embarassed nawa rip young bloods.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by IKBARUTEN11(m): 9:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
Bad news have no hiding place for oga Naija over

Tuale

2 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Bamzyriches451: 9:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
Damn!
RIP

2 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Four Young Men In Ondo Community (Photo) by Bettapikin(m): 9:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
4 guys dey their own lightning stuck them.. the story no clear... abi dem go steal Oracle artifacts from somewhere like the way Nigerian films protray such incidents

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales / Do The Dead See The Living From Heaven? Can They Interfere? / My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.