Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Tech Giant, Microsoft To Train 5 Million Nigerians - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Tech Giant, Microsoft To Train 5 Million Nigerians (1001 Views)

Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) / Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) / 100-Year-Old Giant Turtle 'The Size Of Car' Found Dead, Decomposing In Cornwall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tech Giant, Microsoft To Train 5 Million Nigerians by ThankGodkel3: 10:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
Microsoft has said that over the next three years, it will train at least five million Nigerians as part of its efforts to assist the country improve its digital technologies.

When Microsoft President, Brad Smith paid a visit to President Muhammadu Buhari at the state house on Friday, he said this.

According to Smith, 60,000 people have signed up for classes, with another 300,000 having finished some of them.

This news comes only weeks after the corporation announced the opening of a $200 million African Development Centre in Lagos.

President Buhari praised the development, noting that the country welcomes additional digital technology projects and investments.

“I have been informed that the African Development Centre in Nigeria is Microsoft’s first engineering hub in Africa as the current investment stands at about $200 million.

“I have also been informed of Microsoft’s skilling initiative that aims to train five million citizens and provide 27,000 jobs over the next three years.

“These initiatives are commendable and I urge you to expand them and continue to prioritize Nigeria as you roll out your global initiatives,”

In a statement, President Buhari's Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, was cited as stating.

https://multiblog247.com.ng/2022/04/01/microsoft-to-train-5-million-nigerians/

Re: Tech Giant, Microsoft To Train 5 Million Nigerians by qekng40(f): 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
Human Capital Development I lovesmiley
Re: Tech Giant, Microsoft To Train 5 Million Nigerians by Nobody: 5:19am On Apr 02, 2022
Las las,the slots would be given to people with connection with those at the government.
Re: Tech Giant, Microsoft To Train 5 Million Nigerians by Kingray10: 11:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
Wow, this is very Great new. I hope to be one them.

(1) (Reply)

Swap Your Slow Internet Modem For A 4G Broadband Modem Free / Startcrunch – Crowdfunding Platform For Nigeria Businesses, Hobbyists And More / Japan Wants To Build Solar Plant On Moon And Beam Energy Back To Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.