Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,681 members, 7,851,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) (315 Views)

Back In The Days(photo) / Tricky Tee's Childhood Friend Dies In Road Accident (Graphic Photos) / Football Rules Of Our Childhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) by Ayesolve: 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2022
This event happened to some of Us during our childhood days.

Re: This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) by Cashio(m): 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
Black and white oo
Re: This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) by Kingpin1000: 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2022
Na over niceness naim dey do my mama that year.
Instead of her to leave those Children at the window where they are quite comfortable, she will open the door for them to enter our palour, na so she tell me to go take nap that day, at exactly the time Nepa brought light. She just slot the cassette for the VHS player and told me to go to my room and sleep. I wake up for evening to go collect my game boy only to find out it wasn't in the sitting room where I left it

I looked for, that game boy for weeks, weeks turned months and after years, I will just remember where I hadn't searched yet,but still did not see it.
That was the last toy My Dad got me, He never talked about my game boy, likewise my Mum who caused it. As a grown up now, I feel it was a conspiracy between My Dad and Mum to take my game boy off me..
On day I will confront them about this.
Very sad memories men.
So sad.
Rumour has it that we were the first to buy coloured TV in our street, but I doubt it sha, because the biggest TV in my street was owned by a TV repairer, don't ask me how I got this info because back in the days, we can enter anyones house so far as the TV is on, our position was the floor, we go first put our, head then little by little our body, from corner of door you will achieve the dream of being right in front of the TV within seconds.

4 Likes

Re: This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) by Amotolongbo(f): 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2022
This used to happen before mid 90s when video player (VHS) was a scarce electronic gadget at home. Some communities may have just only one house having a video player in the community.

2 Likes

Re: This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) by thesicilian: 12:10am On Apr 03, 2022
It is uncomfortable to have someone standing outside watching the TV in your house. It's either they come in or I lock my door/window.
Re: This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 1:56am On Apr 03, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Na over niceness naim dey do my mama that year.
Instead of her to leave those Children at the window where they are quite comfortable, she will open the door for them to enter our palour, na so she tell me to go take nap that day, at exactly the time Nepa brought light. She just slot the cassette for the VHS player and told me to go to my room and sleep. I wake up for evening to go collect my game boy only to find out it wasn't in the sitting room where I left it

I looked for, that game boy for weeks, weeks turned months and after years, I will just remember where I hadn't searched yet,but still did not see it.
That was the last toy My Dad got me, He never talked about my game boy, likewise my Mum who caused it. As a grown up now, I feel it was a conspiracy between My Dad and Mum to take my game boy off me..
On day I will confront them about this.
Very sad memories men.
So sad.
Rumour has it that we were the first to buy coloured TV in our street, but I doubt it sha, because the biggest TV in my street was owned by a TV repairer, don't ask me how I got this info because back in the days, we can enter anyones house so far as the TV is on, our position was the floor, we go first put our, head then little by little our body, from corner of door you will achieve the dream of being right in front of the TV within seconds.

grin grin I think when it's time you need to sit both of them down and discuss it like adults I'm sure the game boy was invaluable to you , don't let them off the hook

My dad would never allow me to go and watch TV in other ppls houses grin ,even when our house was incomplete he bought the box television for me in my own room to be watching miss Bobo , big boy , Mr bin , I was doing shakara ehn I'm still the first among all my friends to have my own tv and the only child in the house with tv in her room that doesn't need to go and fight for remote ( as per Ada) , my sis does all the bullying

I miss when I didn't care about anything , I was the first to wake up and last to sleep I will wake up , dress up and wear koikoi shoe to dance along my children show at freaking 5am omo eh I was a crazy child grin

Even in our one bedroom first house , we still had tv because my dad didn't like me playing with compound children ( zero social life , zero childhood friends just ppl I know) , I slept in the parlor, my parents slept in the room , my aunt slept in the kitchen corridor and sometimes when my dad wants to look for my trouble he will blast on some traditional song in the speaker and be dancing waist dance to taunt me , while I was watching my show in peace and I won't hear nothing ( i was even watching Mr bean when he tried it one day , MR BEAN angry)
I think I'll need to confront him about that because I can't keep it in my chest forever grin

1 Like

Re: This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) by Kingpin1000: 7:09am On Apr 03, 2022
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:

grin grin I think when it's time you need to sit both of them down and discuss it like adults I'm sure the game boy was invaluable to you , don't let them off the hook

My dad would never allow me to go and watch TV in other ppls houses grin ,even when our house was incomplete he bought the box television for me in my own room to be watching miss Bobo , big boy , Mr bin , I was doing shakara ehn I'm still the first among all my friends to have my own tv and the only child in the house with tv in her room that doesn't need to go and fight for remote ( as per Ada) , my sis does all the bullying

I miss when I didn't care about anything , I was the first to wake up and last to sleep I will wake up , dress up and wear koikoi shoe to dance along my children show at freaking 5am omo eh I was a crazy child grin

Even in our one bedroom first house , we still had tv because my dad didn't like me playing with compound children ( zero social life , zero childhood friends just ppl I know) , I slept in the parlor, my parents slept in the room , my aunt slept in the kitchen corridor and sometimes when my dad wants to look for my trouble he will blast on some traditional song in the speaker and be dancing waist dance to taunt me , while I was watching my show in peace and I won't hear nothing ( i was even watching Mr bean when he tried it one day , MR BEAN angry)
I think I'll need to confront him about that because I can't keep it in my chest forever grin
Your life was the opposite of mine,The black and white we used to have in the Sitting room was transferred to my parents room. I only see my Dad in the morning and when He was on leave, I still suspect my mum told him I was getting too addicted to the game.
My favourite position was the window, because of mischief, I will be at the window to obstruct the view of my pals outside. They will be like Kelvin(not real name) comot for the window na, you dey do like say u no dey come person house, I go pursue if you come our house. Musmsi may notice and say Kelvin, are those not your friends at the window, open the door let them come in. If it is lunchtime, my ration will be reduced because she will dish the rice on a tray, na there you go see survival of the fittest, the first thing is selection of meat, and the eldest will be the first to select meat, for my papa house o. We will then hold our meats in our left hand and use the right hand to be eating the rice.. that was when Nigeria was still good. Now na gate dem don use cover everywhere.

1 Like

Re: This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 8:49am On Apr 03, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Your life was the opposite of mine,The black and white we used to have in the Sitting room was transferred to my parents room. I only see my Dad in the morning and when He was on leave, I still suspect my mum told him I was getting too addicted to the game.
My favourite position was the window, because of mischief, I will be at the window to obstruct the view of my pals outside. They will be like Kelvin(not real name) comot for the window na, you dey do like say u no dey come person house, I go pursue if you come our house. Musmsi may notice and say Kelvin, are those not your friends at the window, open the door let them come in. If it is lunchtime, my ration will be reduced because she will dish the rice on a tray, na there you go see survival of the fittest, the first thing is selection of meat, and the eldest will be the first to select meat, for my papa house o. We will then hold our meats in our left hand and use the right hand to be eating the rice.. that was when Nigeria was still good. Now na gate dem don use cover everywhere.

Eldest dey select meat first for friend house? grin your mom probably did that to teach you something's , overniceness dey worry my papa too , but he will not near my food , one time he bought mr bigs for me and my cousins were around he gave us one plate to share and as expected they tried to cheat me , I ate the smallest amount and after that he just came and told me to come and sleep in his room , I was angry coz I wanted to play but when I got in the room he close door and brought out another full plate of Mr bigs and chicken for only me because he knew they always cheat me and if he give me in their front they will eat theirs fast to still come and cheat me, I chop belleful sleep forget myself , those ones were thinking that I was being punished nonsense grin
All the ijekuje that he was buying I'm shocked that I didn't get diabetes , he will even hide and give me coz my mom said he was spoiling me

I'm still his favorite oh , but last born is closely behind me , when she dey house I no dey hear word

1 Like

Re: This Event Happened To Some Of Us During Our Childhood Days (photo) by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 8:50am On Apr 03, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Nigeria reach everybody oh cry
It's by God's grace to be okay in this country

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Most Ladies Cluess / PMP Training / #headlines On The Trumpet Newspaper Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.