Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna (2495 Views)

Pls Help Me Review This Car / 2002 Toyota Camry, 2004 Honda Acord And 2003 Honday Civic Which Should I Go For / 2002 Toyota Avensis Needs Conversion From Diesel To Petrol Engine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by rexlims(m): 6:07am On Apr 03, 2022
Good morning car gurus.
I want to buy a direct tokunbor 2002 toyota sienna which will be used mostly for haulage between lagos, benin and warri.
What are d likely problems am to encounter using this vehicle in terms of engine, gear, steering, suspension problems.
I will be glad to hear from u guys.
NB
I can only afford this particular model as d more recent models are above my budget.
Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by nurey(m): 11:03am On Apr 03, 2022
If it's not haulage of people good, you won't have heat issues when there is no AC.

The CE has not tint so no need of tint permit but ensure the CE you are buying has roof rack. Also the CE rear windows aren't automatic you have to open it manually which is stressful. CE has middle bench seat against captain arm in the other trims but the bench makes it easy to empty the sienna of seat for more cargo space and can easily seat 3 people against 2 for captain arm chairs grin

The symphony edition is the best you get good audio system and more speakers with probably a middle mirror that has temp and location telling.

LE and XLE are the other trims with some LE having fabric seat instead of leather.

For parts as at the time I was in charge of maintenance, I did say it is the cheapest car I have ever owned b4 the advent of buhari,

Engine was 100-120k still on my factory engine

Gear was 50k to 90k still on my factory gear

Shocks front Chinese new 20k for both still using since 2018

Shocks rear Chinese new 15k for both still using since 2019

Front rotor complete brandnew 10k for both legs changed 2018 still using it

Rear drum setup 15k for both never changed but rust showed me shege, I changed minor parts here, springs, drum lining hook etc was very cheap.

If you have problem with the fuel pump, the tank must always come down and mechanic go bill you like 3 to 5k just to unbolt and bolt the tank only minus workmanship, yeah it's a serious work that gives neck cramps grin if the tank hits the ground often (mine was hooked by tree stomp during my garri hauling days) bye bye to fuel sender unit, your fuel gauge would always show error forever.

I never had problem with engine used 5w40 for 6 years, no smoke no delay, I was only stranded once when my AC compressor froze and the water pump, alternator belt shred to pieces.

If you refuse to change gear oil at regular intervals I did say you will change your gear as soon as possible especially high mileage vehicles, change transmission fluid every 1 and 1-half years if not sorry is your case, I know 6 people who changed gear because of that, that's how I knew the gear price then.

Headlamps start fading after you change the bulb to those in naija except you get original Philip bulbs.

Engine seals may start leaking oil especially at the rear of the engine, a job which is a bit uncomfortable.

Steering rack from what I gathered was 30k, it leaks and hardens when idle but soft when moving. Mine started leaking after a year even till now.

Be careful of Canadian or snowy region import rust tend to affect their underneath, I broke 2 lower arms and it destroyed a brand new tire I just thank God I wasn't on speed else nah accident be that. I fixed rust which was minimal as the rusted parts were changeable but my chassis was okay no rust

Lastly the drum brakes hate water (flood) they will just bind, I battled this several, i just eventually stopped using the hand brake and bought good brake lining.

Bought mine tokunbo 2014 still own it but rarely driven

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by rexlims(m): 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2022
nurey:
If it's not haulage of people good, you won't have heat issues when there is no AC.

The CE has not tint so no need of tint permit but ensure the CE you are buying has roof rack. Also the CE rear windows aren't automatic you have to open it manually which is stressful. CE has middle bench seat against captain arm in the other trims but the bench makes it easy to empty the sienna of seat for more cargo space and can easily seat 3 people against 2 for captain arm chairs grin

The symphony edition is the best you get good audio system and more speakers with probably a middle mirror that has temp and location telling.

LE and XLE are the other trims with some LE having fabric seat instead of leather.

For parts as at the time I was in charge of maintenance, I did say it is the cheapest car I have ever owned b4 the advent of buhari,

Rear drum setup 15k for both never changed but rust showed me shege, I changed minor parts here, springs, drum lining hook etc was very cheap.

If you have problem with the fuel pump, the tank must always come down and mechanic go bill you like 3 to 5k just to unbolt and bolt the tank only minus workmanship, yeah it's a serious work that gives neck cramps grin if the tank hits the ground often (mine was hooked by tree stomp during my garri hauling days) bye bye to fuel sender unit, your fuel gauge would always show error forever.

I never had problem with engine used 5w40 for 6 years, no smoke no delay, I was only stranded once when my AC compressor froze and the water pump, alternator belt shred to pieces.

If you refuse to change gear oil at regular intervals I did say you will change your gear as soon as possible especially high mileage vehicles, change transmission fluid every 1 and 1-half years if not sorry is your case, I know 6 people who changed gear because of that, that's how I knew the gear price then.

Headlamps start fading after you change the bulb to those in naija except you get original Philip bulbs.

Engine seals may start leaking oil especially at the rear of the engine, a job which is a bit uncomfortable.

Steering rack from what I gathered was 30k, it leaks and hardens when idle but soft when moving. Mine started leaking after a year even till now.

Be careful of Canadian or snowy region import rust tend to affect their underneath, I broke 2 lower arms and it destroyed a brand new tire I just thank God I wasn't on speed else nah accident be that. I fixed rust which was minimal as the rusted parts were changeable but my chassis was okay no rust

Lastly the drum brakes hate water (flood) they will just bind, I battled this several, i just eventually stopped using the hand brake and bought good brake lining.

very analytical. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by chiefbuchiV12(m): 7:27am On Apr 05, 2022
rexlims:
very analytical. Thanks a lot.
The engine is now 300k plus for borale and 700k plus for full engine, you're also very correct about the gearbox. The steering rack is what I hate most with the first gen sienna followed by the britle door handles, it doesn't matter whether you're replacing with used or brand new, they'd still break like ore plantain chips.
But overall 1st gen sienna's are solid rides

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by nurey(m): 10:16am On Apr 05, 2022
chiefbuchiV12:

The engine is now 300k plus for borale and 700k plus for full engine, you're also very correct about the gearbox. The steering rack is what I hate most with the first gen sienna followed by the britle door handles, it doesn't matter whether you're replacing with used or brand new, they'd still break like ore plantain chips.
But overall 1st gen sienna's are solid rides

Wait ooh, you mean a 1mzfe is 300k now, chai what a nonsense economy we dey so.
Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by oweniwe(m): 9:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
nurey:

700k full engine shocked

Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by chiefbuchiV12(m): 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
nurey:

E been shock me too, though my kazeem claims it shouldn't be true
Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by Idaytesj29(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
nurey:

Thanks for sharing. Your analysis were on point.

So, do you still do haulage?
Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by nurey(m): 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Thanks for sharing.

So, do you still do haulage?

No
Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by Idaytesj29(m): 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2022
nurey:

No

Okay
Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by tentingfendmi19: 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2023
Are you looking for a reliable family car in Nigeria? Toyota Sienna 2002 is a great option. This car comes with a powerful engine and is packed with features that make driving a pleasure.

This car comes with a powerful engine and is packed with features that make driving a pleasure. In this article, we'll provide a comprehensive review of the Toyota Sienna 2002 cars in Nigeria and discuss what makes this vehicle so special.

In this article, we'll provide a comprehensive review of the Toyota Sienna 2002 cars in Nigeria and discuss what makes this vehicle so special. It comes with a five-speed automatic transmission and has a towing capacity of up to 3,500 pounds.

It comes with a five-speed automatic transmission and has a towing capacity of up to 3,500 pounds. The interior is roomy and comfortable, with plenty of legroom and cargo space.

The interior is roomy and comfortable, with plenty of legroom and cargo space. It is a great value for money, with a starting price of around ₦2,500,000. The Toyota Sienna 2002 is also very fuel-efficient, with an average fuel economy of 15.2 km/l.

Overall, the Toyota Sienna 2002 is a great choice for Nigerian families who want a reliable and comfortable vehicle. To learn more about the Toyota Sienna 2002 and to read a comprehensive review, please visit reviewersparadise_great-site_net/2023/06/12/toyota-sienna-2002-a-comprehensive-review-of-cars-in-nigeria/..

The Toyota Sienna 2002 is also very fuel-efficient, with an average fuel economy of 15.2 km/l.

Overall, the Toyota Sienna 2002 is a great choice for Nigerian families who want a reliable and comfortable vehicle. To learn more about the Toyota Sienna 2002 and to read a comprehensive review, please visit reviewersparadise_great-site_net/2023/06/12/toyota-sienna-2002-a-comprehensive-review-of-cars-in-nigeria/..

To learn more about the Toyota Sienna 2002 and to read a comprehensive review, please visit reviewersparadise_great-site_net/2023/06/12/toyota-sienna-2002-a-comprehensive-review-of-cars-in-nigeria/..
Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by lifenajeje(m): 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2023
nurey:

Chief this ur review is loaded

May God continue to bless u with wisdom beyond ur imaginations..

I want to use my friend sienna 2002 which he rarely use to transport so as to complement other incomes due to high living cost ..

Am undecided if I should use the vehicle for passenger , car hire for interstate or haulage ..

Really need something that would fetch money on daily basis.

I intend to deliver 20k to him weekly ..

What would u advice me that would be Less stressful and guarantee returns that won't be detrimental to the vehicle .
Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by nurey(m): 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2023
lifenajeje:

Chief this ur review is loaded

May God continue to bless u with wisdom beyond ur imaginations..

I want to use my friend sienna 2002 which he rarely use to transport so as to complement other incomes due to high living cost ..

Am undecided if I should use the vehicle for passenger , car hire for interstate or haulage ..

Really need something that would fetch money on daily basis.

I intend to deliver 20k to him weekly ..

What would u advice me that would be Less stressful and guarantee returns that won't be detrimental to the vehicle .

i dont know how profitable transport is currently. but lets say tow gate to sagamu is #1200 now, sienna can seat 7 people without police or FRSC wahala thats #8400. you pay 2k for park lets say u use 10L for the 60km journey thats 6000 fuel plus 2k, your profit is 400. i dont know how people do it but interstate is not profitable again, transportation generally. Haulage and within states is still okay like oshodi to V.I, berger to Obalende etc.
i will advice you find a 4cylinder vehicle instead, verso, opel, picnic etc
Re: Help Me Review 2002 Toyota Sienna by lifenajeje(m): 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2023
nurey:

i dont know how profitable transport is currently. but lets say tow gate to sagamu is #1200 now, sienna can seat 7 people without police or FRSC wahala thats #8400. you pay 2k for park lets say u use 10L for the 60km journey thats 6000 fuel plus 2k, your profit is 400. i dont know how people do it but interstate is not profitable again, transportation generally. Haulage and within states is still okay like oshodi to V.I, berger to Obalende etc.
i will advice you find a 4cylinder vehicle instead, verso, opel, picnic etc

Thanks so much I would into that Opel that interstate drivers use now ..I have a friend that gives it out for hire purchase but I will ask if he has weekly delivery ..

I use to go run ijebu ode previously with car but stopped two years back ..

Am registered at Iyana ipaja , ikotun and ijebi ode parks ..

Ijebu ode is presentky 3k and one could have two or one messages in addition to the passengers ..

The best part was customers who hire us to parties to and fro or single trip especially on weekends .

(1) (Reply)

2007 Acura Mdx Help / Please, What Is The Size Of Serpentine Belt Of Pontiac Vibe 2004 / Which Of These Cars Can I Do Away With: Landrover Discovery 04 Or Nissan P 07

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.