Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration (33521 Views)

Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission / Npc Birth Certificate Or Attestation! / Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The National Population Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by Nobody: 2:47am On Aug 06, 2007
PLEASE WHERE DO I GET Birth Certificate or Age declaration
OR even Letter of identification from Local Government of origin or residence,
Please am new to the nigerian factor please anyone with a good idea? am from oyostate
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by DisGuy: 2:52am On Aug 06, 2007
contact a lawyer, i think they'll give you something to sign undecided

are you trying to get the new Nigeria passport?
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 06, 2007
yes
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by login(f): 5:55am On Aug 06, 2007
They are for sale, on every corner, are they not

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 06, 2007
sup, thnxs for the words but where exactly do i get it.
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by funkybaby(f): 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2007
@jayon

it is very easy. do not go to a lawyer. he will just rip you off.

i will advice you to go to any court premises.ie. high court or magistrate court. there is one very close to St. Dominic Catholic Chruch at Yaba on your way to Unilag/Sabo. There is another court beside General Hospital (Ayinke House) at Ikeja. Infact, you don not have to enter the course premises. At the entrance and environs, you will find young and old lawyers as well as typists that will acost you and ask you if you want age declaration and other services done for you. Just use your discretion and give the 'contract' to any one of them. However, if you go to other courts outside Lagos, (where touts cannot be found), all you have to do is to work into the court premises and tell anyone that you see that you need to get age declaration done. Outside Lagos, this service costs between 200 naira to 300 naira. But it should not cost more that 1,000 naira in lagos. (bargain well)

regarding the local government identification letter, i will advice you to go to Oyo State Liason office located at Victoria Island, Lagos. I cannot remember the name of the street where it is located, but i think it is around Bar Beach Road/Eko Hotel Road. Better still, ask an okada man to take you there or tell you the name of the street where it is located. This should cost you about 1,000 to 2,000 naira. But as usual, you must bargain well. If you were getting it done at Oyo State, it should not cost more than 500 naira. Best of luck

p.s. don't forget to go there with your passport photographs.

6 Likes

Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by DisGuy: 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2007
so whats the difference between what i said and
There is another court beside General Hospital (Ayinke House) at Ikeja. Infact, you don not have to enter the course premises. [b]At the entrance and environs, you will find young and old lawyers as well as typists [/b]that will acost you and ask you if you want age declaration and other services done for you. Just use your discretion and give the 'contract' to any one of them.

tongue
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by funkybaby(f): 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2007
@this guy
whats your problem with all what i have typed i did not direct my response to you so shut up and move on angry

or did you not read the poster's last question

jayon:

sup, thnxs for the words but where exactly do i get it.

next time, read well before you direct any post to me. grin idiot !!!
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by DisGuy: 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2007
duhhh it's the same thing miss i too know, now you shut up! cool as a girlie i'll expect you to have the last word so bye
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by funkybaby(f): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2007
@this guy

wetin sef?? shocked shocked them send you to me??
well too bad, cos me sef, i am prepared for you. cheesy wink smiley

first class ''mumu''. that is what you are !!!

is it hurting your feelings that i answered the poster's questions brilliantly and gave him explicit explaination on the issues raised??

Dis Guy:

contact a lawyer, i think they'll give you something to sign undecided

are you trying to get the new Nigeria passport?
telling the guy to contact a lawyer,  as if lawyers are found at oyinbo market !!! undecided  besides, the poster mentioned that he is not used to the naija system.

not my fault that i am so smart and learned.  smiley cheesy

just shut up and move on ! angry
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by opensource(m): 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2007
oluwole

beside if you are using it for passport go straight to the passport office ( I am sure it happens in the one in festac ) some people scouting around there will provide all documents you need for 2k or there about funniest thing is you would be directed by the immigration men inside to those touts

na nija be this oo

no dulling grin
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by mrpataki(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ Jayon,
Where were you born? It is the state you were born that will determine where you do get your birth certificate from. At the moment, National Population Commission does not issue a birth certificate again as from a certain age. The best thing is for your parents or older relative at least ten years older than you to do an affidavit for you in court in the state where you were born, in respect to your age, which such relative will then take to the National Population Commission of that particular state where you were born and you will get a covering letter from the Commission. Please take your passport photograph with you.

Do not try to laminate it oh.
Good luck.

@ Dis guy,
You have come here to display your ignorance and stupidity again Such a shame you dont know any better.
What does a lwyer have to do with birth cetificate? Olodo. shocked
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by DisGuy: 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2007
no wonder the other one was shouting like i stole her cat, i remember you're from the same clan with akolawole baba, abeg leave me o let me be!! thanx tojubole baba waheedi cheesy

What does a lwyer have to do with birth cetificate?
a lawyer will be able to advise you properly that's what!

peace and good luck to you Jayon-make sure you do it the proper way you dont want to pay twice you know wink
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by mrpataki(m): 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
Just next time, think twice before you come to display your inanity here.
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by opensource(m): 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2007
folks grow up or i might me forced to write a pearl program so that seun will implement it on this board

grin guess what the problem will do , tongue it will question and evaluate your sanity before registeration grin
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by funkybaby(f): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2007
@ dis_guy
Dis Guy:

no wonder the other one was shouting like i stole her cat, i remember you're from the same clan with akolawole baba, abeg leave me o let me be!! thanx tojubole baba waheedi cheesy
a lawyer will be able to advise you properly that's what!

peace and good luck to you Jayon-make sure you do it the proper way you don't want to pay twice you know wink

a lawyer will advise on the issuance of birth certifictae. lol. you are funny. i second mrpataki's motion. truly, you are an olodo. shocked shocked shocked

p.s. i belong to the akolababa clan as well cheesy, that is why i have told you to shut up and move on angry
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by Confused19: 3:13am On Jul 23, 2011
Birth Certificate and Age Declaration are the same thing?
Re: Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 23, 2011
Confused19:

Birth Certificate and Age Declaration are the same thing?

They are different, but serve the same purpose.

(1) (Reply)

Passengers Killed In Kaduna Cars Fire Accident (Graphic Photos) / Church Member Crashes Pastor’s Car While Teaching His Girlfriend Driving / Carter Bridge Lagos Is Close To Collapse (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.