Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) (50673 Views)

10 Distinct Things You Probably Think Are The Same / How Do You Think? Are You Creative? Logical? Inventive? / Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Actually Aren't (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by OlawaleBammie: 9:05am On Apr 06, 2022
Padipadi:

Alegba yato si Oni naa.

Which one is alegba again,

I only know oni and awonriwon

Alegba na alangba na grin
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Caseless: 9:05am On Apr 06, 2022
To me, they're all the same.
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by zedman1(m): 9:06am On Apr 06, 2022
One guy looked at me foolishly and argued aggressively when I told him just recently that there's a difference between rabbit and hare. Interestingly I know the differences between quite a lot on this list but not all. We learn everyday. So no be dolphin be that?
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by masteroguns(m): 9:06am On Apr 06, 2022
� Tiger is Ekun... And lion is what
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by boyfrank: 9:07am On Apr 06, 2022
Nice one
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by danity5love: 9:09am On Apr 06, 2022
Shrimp and prawns is too identical I think the prawn are slimmer in shape..
The banana description got me confused or shey na only me see am ni..
I learnt sometin thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by OmoOshodi(m): 9:10am On Apr 06, 2022
What of Olosho and ashewo?

1 Like

Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Innocentbaloo: 9:11am On Apr 06, 2022
Very educative.
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Topmaike007(m): 9:13am On Apr 06, 2022
I actually learnt something today expecially that frog side
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by West1side: 9:14am On Apr 06, 2022
I wonder how your father feels knowing he raised nothing but a lunatic

Noshitboi:
How about thinking Tinubu is 70 years old when actually he's 105years old

2 Likes

Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Eidris01(m): 9:17am On Apr 06, 2022
I don't agree with that of biscuits /cookies... They are the same. The difference is, cookie is American English while biscuit is British English

1 Like

Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Igbotic22: 9:17am On Apr 06, 2022
Great Britain and United Kingdom, there's is no thin line there
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by KangaIye: 9:18am On Apr 06, 2022
ExAngel007:
Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Actually
Aren't

leggo!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/audreyworboys/words-same-but-different

Great Britain is just the Island that contains England, Scotland and Wales. While United Kingdom contains Great Britain, Northern Ireland and other territories that Britain colonies around the world that Have not gotten independence

2 Likes

Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Padipadi: 9:18am On Apr 06, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Which one is alegba again,

I only know oni and awonriwon

Alegba na alangba na grin
no. Alegba is crocodile. Oni is Alligator.
Awonriwon is a monitor �
It's commonly found around neighborhoods, long n thin. They don't grow big as crocodile & crocodile too don't get big as alligator

1 Like

Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Musauzor(m): 9:19am On Apr 06, 2022
PMB and Cluelessness
Tinubu and Desperation
Okorocha and Iberibersm
Lai Mohammed and Lies
Wike and Wickedness
Uzodinma and Abracadabra

1 Like

Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Igbotic22: 9:19am On Apr 06, 2022
There's a difference but it wasn't explained very well
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by oshorstan(f): 9:20am On Apr 06, 2022
PDP and Apc

Oshiomhole and Tinubu
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Shadysen: 9:20am On Apr 06, 2022
Nice
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by OlawaleBammie: 9:21am On Apr 06, 2022
Padipadi:
no. Alegba is crocodile. Oni is Alligator.
Awonriwon is a monitor �
It's commonly found around neighborhoods, long n thin. They don't grow big as crocodile & crocodile too don't get big as alligator
ewoo eyin lemo jare

Kill one make we chop, we go dey debate on their name after we don chop finish grin
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by bigpicture001: 9:22am On Apr 06, 2022
Never. Knew the difference between cemeteries and graveyards

3 Likes

Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by bigpicture001: 9:24am On Apr 06, 2022
Musauzor:
PMB and Cluelessness
Tinubu and Desperation
Okorocha and Iberibersm
Lai Mohammed and Lies
Wike and Wickedness
Uzodinma and Abracadabra

Guy! U no go kee. Me with lafter
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Pwashiks(m): 9:26am On Apr 06, 2022
For the majority you are right, but terms like tortoise and turtle are just arbitrary. In biology it holds no meaning, u use them as u like cool
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Padipadi: 9:27am On Apr 06, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
ewoo eyin lemo jare

Kill one make we chop, we go dey debate on their name after we don chop finish grin
Oro oyan no (Oranyan).
You must learn the difference.
Oya try to Google monitor, crocodile n alligator.
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Bluntemperor: 9:29am On Apr 06, 2022
Very educative, informative and full of JAMB questions. I love it!
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by seyz91(m): 9:31am On Apr 06, 2022
cheesy
Noshitboi:
How about thinking Tinubu is 70 years old when actually he's 105years old
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by OlawaleBammie: 9:34am On Apr 06, 2022
Padipadi:

Oro oyan no (Oranyan).
You must learn the difference.
Oya try to Google monitor, crocodile n alligator.

Lol, even if i google am now, a no go still take it serious.

Person wey go mentor me for my programming journey and how a wan take expand my cocoa business na hin a dey nurture for mind now grin

1 Like

Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Bsmartt(m): 9:34am On Apr 06, 2022
This is educative. Thank you for the knowledge sharing.
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by whirlwind7(m): 9:34am On Apr 06, 2022
samwash:
Football and Soccer
Make I first book space I dey come back with more

They're same.
The difference is in name only.
Except you meant American football, which isn't soccer.
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Padipadi: 9:36am On Apr 06, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, even if i google am now, a no go still take it serious.

Person wey go mentor me for my programming journey and how a wan take expand my cocoa business na hin a dey nurture for mind now grin
Good luck in your endeavours.
But let me give you a gift. Go n read History of Yorubas from beginning till 19th century by Samuel Obadiah Johnson.
It's the most concrete Yoruba history book ever.
I can mail it to you if you care.
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by lexy2014: 9:37am On Apr 06, 2022
ExAngel007:
Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Actually
Aren't

leggo!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/audreyworboys/words-same-but-different

The way the term nationality is used in English language is different from the way it is used in political science. In political science, nationality is about ones ethnicity.

Op, u didn't different between eba and garri. Some people mistake one for the other. It's causing a lot of confusion
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by OlawaleBammie: 9:41am On Apr 06, 2022
Padipadi:

Good luck in your endeavours.
But let me give you a gift. Go n read History of Yorubas from beginning till 19th century by Samuel Obadiah Johnson.
It's the most concrete Yoruba history book ever.
I can mail it to you if you care.

Wait, wen was the author "samuel obadaya" born??
Re: Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) by Franking: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2022
Explain the Great Britain and United Kingdom part. England, Scotland,etc can all play at the world cup as different countries but come as one in the olympics.

I personally don't understand that. Even if it's a confederation why are they given such recognition?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary / ‘we Owe Allegiance To Eiye Confraternity’ - Lagos Secondary School Students / Is This The Most Beautiful University In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.