Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss (47236 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Sixfiguresmart(m): 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
Happy to get an oil and gas job. Dream come true. Everything was perfect with me. 3 years into my job, a new boss showed up. A light skin Nigerian male. His wife and kids were in Canada. I visit the gym 3x per week.

He requested to go to the same gym. Pretended to work out and asked that I mentored him. It all happened fast. I thought he was responsible as he was married. He started touching my body inappropriately. Caressing my chest holding my arms. Thought he was enamored by the muscles only. I would somehow break him off and redirect him to the session.

Then, after work it was about meeting me, talking to me, confiding in me. Initially, I was happy to build a close relationship with a boss. Of course, that's my career growth right there.

Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea. So, I took my leave quickly. Felt disappointed and betrayed. I told no one but my bestie who laughed over it and made a mockery of the whole thing. Telling me that he would have busted his ass for the money.

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, nothing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Well, my final year in Chevron was horrendous until i finally got axed 17 months after my new boss showed up. I moved on with my dignity but with a bigger lesson in life. I kept it a secret for many years. Only my bestie new about it.

Many men are victims. People hardly believe the few who cry out. Many will question the authenticity of my history and blame me afterall. Making it harder for the next man to come out.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly comes in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.

578 Likes 43 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by shilenji(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Uprightness100(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
You Did well!
You Pleased ABBA FATHER!
I can Imagine the Joy that must Have filled the ANCIENT of Days .
No amount of Riches and Wealth is worth your soul in Eternity!
No advancement or position is worth your soul in Eternity!
You Have made GOD HAPPY !
DADDY will Give you much more !

Sixfiguresmart:
Happy to get an oil and gas job. Dream come true. Everything was perfect with me. 3 years into my job, a new boss showed up. A light skin Nigerian male. His wife and kids were in Canada. I visit the gym 3x per week.

He requested to go to the same gym. Pretended to work out and asked that I mentored him. It all happened fast. I thought he was responsible as he was married. He started touching my body inappropriately. Caressing my chest holding my arms. Thought he was enamored by the muscles only. I would somehow break him off and redirect him to the session.

Then, after work it was about meeting me, talking to me, confiding in me. Initially, I was happy to build a close relationship with a boss. Of course, that's my career growth right there.

Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea. So, I took my leave quickly. Felt disappointed and betrayed. I told no one but my bestie who laughed over it and made a mockery of the whole thing. Telling me that he would have busted his ass for the money.

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, northing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Well, my final year in Chevron was horrendous until i finally got axed 17 months after my new boss showed up. I moved on with my dignity but with a bigger lesson in life. I kept it a secret for many years. Only my bestie new about it.

Many men are victims. People hardly believe the few who cry out. Many will question the authenticity of my history and blame me afterall. Making it harder for the next man to come out.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly come in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.

254 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Brandonx(m): 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
Lies undecided

41 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by hopeforcharles(m): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
Brandonx:
Lies undecided
You are a gaybriel

220 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by hopeforcharles(m): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, northing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly come in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.
I believe u, but there is hardly any justice in the world. Don't allow regrets to come in dust up yourself and see something doing,
Business
Imports
Private consulting
Softwares and computers
And so on
I have been there that is why I grown to an advantageous position that you can't come to me and talk that bulshit, I am a handsome guy I get compliments from both sexes I never allow it get to my head I just use it to improve my hustle.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by flames007(m): 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
Sorry about that Op. Good will bring a better job your way.

BTW to nack the commenter above 2 by 2 just dey hungry me. It's funny until it happens to you.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Wazobia2216: 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

The God on whose principle you stood on will make a better way!

What is bad, is bad!

I salute your courage!

196 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Brandonx(m): 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2022
hopeforcharles:

You are a gaybriel

So because I don’t believe this schiesse I’m gay undecided wow
Even if I’m gay so ?

17 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by RoddyMan(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

Reminds me of a topic I read sometime ago, where a married guy gave a BJ for a job and couldn't go through with the final act.

I think you should have reported him to HR, it would be a ground for suing him/Chevron. Now that you've been let go, it will be more difficult to prove except you have evidence of inappropriate messages or CCTV footage of his advances at the lounge.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Sixfiguresmart(m): 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2022
RoddyMan:

Reminds me of a topic I read sometime ago, where a married guy gave a BJ for a job and couldn't go through with the final act.

I think you should have reported him to HR, it would be a ground for suing him/Chevron. Now that you've been let go, it will be more difficult to prove except you have evidence of inappropriate messages or CCTV footage of his advances at the lounge.
There's no evidence bro. Just my words against his. Everything happened far away from camera coverage. They are smart and more conscious of cameras and the public.
I could have reported him, yes! But, not enough evidence. You don't need to imagine the kind of person the HR was. I would have ended up in the media and the case would have been buried like others. Somethings are no secrets in the oil and gas. 95% are extremely immoral and have more bones under their couches than what you are trying to uncover. This is my own experience, I saw worse with others.

Best thing is to walk away than be buried. Don't you ever pray to be at the mercy of a merciless man.

186 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by spinna: 5:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
I smeh front page.. just like that guys bed smells of poop ..ew

Sorry that's sort of traumatic

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by WoundedLamb: 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
OP, I don't know how true this is, but it's not entirely unbelievable cause these things really happen. Though it would have been better if you had told us the events that eventually led to you getting kicked out, so we can decide for ourselves to what extent they are connected to your "love affair" with the boss. Nevertheless, this is does not undermine your story cause whether you got kicked out or not and whether you really did something bad to justify or necessitate getting kicked out do change the fact that your boss erred.

I don't care about his sexuality. He was going to cheat on his wife. He was going to violate office policies by trying to engage his junior colleague in an amorous relationship. He didn't know when to stop. And to make it worse, he allowed that to influence his disposition towards you. Such people shouldn't be in corporate organizations. I mean, if you went through this in the hands of a man who is a member of the minority in terms of sexual orientation, can we now begin to imagine what ladies go through everyday? It's so disconcerting and it pains me that you guys take these things without having anyone to run to. Otherwise, you shouldn't leave your job in a multinational organization cause of one man who's not the owner. That bit is hard to believe cause such organizations have strong HR. What's the worst that could happen? You were already on your way out anyway.

Sorry about your ordeal. He will meet his match some day.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by angelfallz(m): 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
Next time gather evidence and expose that homosexual. Also, that your so called bestie, you better throw him into the Dustbin.

Also, even without evidence report him!

Let it be on record. So, that anyone else that reports him in the future they would be able to establish a pattern of sexual harassment.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
angry

Make I no Laugh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Is either your Nyash or Nothing shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by excomarow(m): 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
sad
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by superCleanworks(m): 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
They are everywhere.
You would be shocked to see who & who is gay If the Nigerian government permits gay & lesbianism right now.
Many women will lose their undercover husbands straight up.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea.
Say what

41 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by LikeAking: 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ageg go rest. U get job, only you enjoy. Did u elp any one during this 3 years?

OP rest.

Na only una dey get the Oil and gas jobs, abeg free us.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by paulolee(m): 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
was in same story back then in lag, me n Jude my guy visited his after one senior man foe hood Gv us him contact for custom work.
we went on a Saturday n the man jus clear us dt he can only help who would be his boyfriend n service him each weekend when his wife leaves to see her people in Ogun state..
me n Jude declined n left his huge house in V.I n went back to report him to the man dt sent us n he just laughed
months letter I hear say Jude bin go back n accept d offer, Jude block my line, move out from streets, don build house for villa n don de ride different cars after just 1 year for dt job bcoz the man de really spend on am..
currently Jude is the head of the man's private firm in South Africa n i still dey street with my "dignity" hoping for good days ahead..
that's life for u

251 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Generalkorex(m): 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
Omo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Mond05: 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
Omo eh
This guy fake stories jus dey mak FP
Bro next time use new monikers for this your fictions

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by OluwaBlessyn: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
Vawulence.....comrade,i no fit chop maize dz year again cuz dz ur boss don amaze me finish

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by TRUTH2020: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
People gats day smart for this life I swear, all this while u no try record una voice note way u go stylishly let am talk towards that line,or record una talk when una meet as he day talk the nonsense,Oga day get oga,complain to am,or publish am for una WhatsApp groups, make people see why u were dropped,e go obviously backfire for am soon,but no,u just come con write nairaland story.

NEXT.....

17 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by inoki247: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
Village people go turn Gay disguise go enta ur boss send you back to trenches....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by lifenija: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, nothing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly comes in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.
contact the HR n explain all that happened

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
Gays grin deep down they are confused m

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Pidginwhisper: 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
shocked

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Kobicove(m): 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
You expect me to believe that a bloody gay forced you out of your job in an oil company?!!! undecided

I have worked in a multinational company and I know that they usually have zero tolerance for sexual harassment in the workplace.

Why did you not report him?

By the way...I don't believe this story

25 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.