Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

New Passport: Is This Genuine? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Passport: Is This Genuine? (724 Views)

Passport: Nigerian Immigration Reacted To Widespread About The New Passport / Japanese Passport Is World's Most Powerful Passport, Tops List Again / The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Passport: Is This Genuine? by Arsenalholic(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2022
Hello everyone,

My younger sister went to the Benin immigration office to get a new passport (for the first time). She went with my mum.

They said on getting there, they met a guy outside on uniform who asked them "can I be of help?"

My mum responded that she thought they'd have to go into the office. The guy said no need. So they told him they came for a passport. He replied that it'd cost them 48K and that it would be ready in 3 months time.

They told him that it was urgent because of the nature of what she needed the passport for. He then said they'd have to go to Bayelsa and the passport would be ready within a week. Then they would pay 130K.

He said they'd take her there with their car and that we should pay directly to him.

I don't know, but this looks fishy. So I wanted to seek the expert opinion of others, especially those who are familiar with the Benin immigration office, is this a normal practice?

Please, I'd need your help urgently. Thanks for your help, in advance.
Re: New Passport: Is This Genuine? by captainking(m): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2022
I did mine in Jan at Mile 1 passport office phc and it came out in 6 weeks..
I did not pay for express and I paid 45k..
Him asking for 48k and 3 months is just off..

2 Likes

Re: New Passport: Is This Genuine? by Arsenalholic(m): 2:57pm On Apr 08, 2022
captainking:
I did mine in Jan at Mile 1 passport office phc and it came out in 6 weeks..
I did not pay for express and I paid 45k..
Him asking for 48k and 3 months is just off..
Thank you! Wish more people would respond...
Re: New Passport: Is This Genuine? by Udapod(m): 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
Okay this is very funny. The truth is he wants to rip you guys. Yes if you apply yourself it will take 3months but if you get a staff there to do it you would get it within a week or even less. I did mine 45k here in Abuja. And got it after 3weeks( covid period, that's why it took long). Come down to Abuja you would get it fast. I'm not joking. Don't go to wuse come to gwagwalada in Abuja it's one of the least crouded immigration centers in Nigeria and the head in Abuja here. Any official you meet will run it. And even it has increased 60k you will get in 3days

1 Like

Re: New Passport: Is This Genuine? by Arsenalholic(m): 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2022
Udapod:
Okay this is very funny. The truth is he wants to rip you guys. Yes if you apply yourself it will take 3months but if you get a staff there to do it you would get it within a week or even less. I did mine 45k here in Abuja. And got it after 3weeks( covid period, that's why it took long). Come down to Abuja you would get it fast. I'm not joking. Don't go to wuse come to gwagwalada in Abuja it's one of the least crouded immigration centers in Nigeria and the head in Abuja here. Any official you meet will run it. And even it has increased 60k you will get in 3days
I thought as much. Thank you for the tip.

1 Like

Re: New Passport: Is This Genuine? by Akwukalia: 7:56am On Apr 09, 2022
Arsenalholic:
Hello everyone,

My younger sister went to the Benin immigration office to get a new passport (for the first time). She went with my mum.

They said on getting there, they met a guy outside on uniform who asked them "can I be of help?"

My mum responded that she thought they'd have to go into the office. The guy said no need. So they told him they came for a passport. He replied that it'd cost them 48K and that it would be ready in 3 months time.

They told him that it was urgent because of the nature of what she needed the passport for. He then said they'd have to go to Bayelsa and the passport would be ready within a week. Then they would pay 130K.

He said they'd take her there with their car and that we should pay directly to him.

I don't know, but this looks fishy. So I wanted to seek the expert opinion of others, especially those who are familiar with the Benin immigration office, is this a normal practice?

Please, I'd need your help urgently. Thanks for your help, in advance.
The guy is being honest with your mum & sister, you should be glad.
You see Bendel(Delta &Edo) immigration office, avoid them.Those people are wicked, they will collect 45k & above for normal application but your passport won't be ready in 4months.
I know of someone who came all the way from Uromi to Ibusa/Asaba immigration office to do hers, paid for express 80k since January, yet no passport, dey keep telling her no booklet for production.
I do not know about Bayelsa, but I heard PH have booklet but costly. I am very sure of Enugu since they now have production plant. So In my opinion, based on proximity, try Abuja, PH, Enugu or Awka(Anambra)...
You can also go through https://www.nairaland.com/1969461/cost-nigeria-international-passport/445 for better information
I repeat, avoid Delta and Edo, you go wait tire o

(1) (Reply)

My Brother Just Graduated With First Class, Please Suggest MSC Scholarship / Can I Get My International Passport When I Register Online? / Means To Migrate To Poland Very Soon..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.