Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,706 members, 7,840,762 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian (812 Views)

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / My Mother Wants To Remarry / My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by VictorUSA(m): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2022
A neighbour of mine whose from a family that are both muslims and christians laments.

He's 19 and from a well to do family.He is the last child of the family and happens to be the only son.

But he is faced with two conflicting views:his mother is a muslim and want him to be muslim too while his father is a christian and wants him to be a christian.

What should he do? Honestly, your take on this is highly needed.
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 11:51am On Apr 11, 2022
I'm a Muslim,but never will I allow religion to come into my way of choosing how to treat people
An average Nigerian will always give tangible reasons y dey choose their practicing religion
They should allow the boy to choose by himself,God is closer to us than we think

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by HITsquad: 11:52am On Apr 11, 2022
he should be both... I don't see much difference between Christianity and Islam... just different understand.
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by mariovito(m): 11:54am On Apr 11, 2022
Be free, choose none!
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 11, 2022
He’s old enough to decide, the love and fear of God at heart matters most in whatever religion he settles for in the end

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Mindlog: 11:57am On Apr 11, 2022
From birth to his present age of 19, where has he been worshipping?

2 Likes

Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Acidosis(m): 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2022
A sign that his parents do not love each other.
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by VictorUSA(m): 12:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
Mindlog:
From birth to his present age of 19, where has been worshipping?
He do visit church sometimes with his father.
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Uprightness100(m): 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2022
Tell your Friend that Eternity is not a Parents Race.
Tell your Friend that the Salvation of his Parents will not save him or speak for him.
Tell your Friend that Eternity is not a religion race.
Tell your Friend that Eternity is a Personal Race and that he will stand beg GOD by himself.

Tell your Friend that a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ is the Only way to Eternal life in Heaven.

After telling him all this, leave him to decide what he wants.
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Mindlog: 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
VictorUSA:
He do visit church sometimes with his father.

He is over 18 and can make his independent decision on the Faith he prefers to adhere to.

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by frozen70(f): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
VictorUSA:
A neighbour of mine whose from a family that are both muslims and christians laments.

He's 19 and from a well to do family.He is the last child of the family and happens to be the only son.

But he is faced with two conflicting views:his mother is a muslim and want him to be muslim too while his father is a christian and wants him to be a christian.

It depends on what and which religion he has been practicing before now

As for me I think he should practice Christianity because it's more flexible and his father families are Christians, so that he doesn't grow as only son and be different from others, that will be hard on him

But when he grows to a full man he will be a Christian no doubt about that
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by MsFaith: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
He should divide himself into 2, one part goes to dad and the other, mum.
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2022
HITsquad:
he should be both... I don't see much difference between Christianity and Islam... just different understand.
That is not true. In much the same way you cannot claim Islam and Buddhism the same beliefs, you also can't claim Christianity and Islam to be same - they are diametrically opposed beliefs. undecided
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by yuping(m): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2022
VictorUSA:

what does he want himself? He is an adult already.
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by thorpido(m): 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2022
The boy is an adult already.He will find his route.
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by HITsquad: 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That is not true. In much the same way you cannot claim Islam and Buddhism the same beliefs, you also can't claim Christianity and Islam to be same - they are diametrically opposed beliefs. undecided
what religion do you practice?
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
HITsquad:
what religion do you practice?
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Beremx(f): 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
Seems he has never been to Ile Ekeun. The day he tries it, he’s definitely going to be a Christian grin grin
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by HITsquad: 9:14pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. undecided
Im officially a Christian too... but I have gone through qoran... and what did I see... whole lot of same ideology and same biblical stories... just slight difference.

I went through qoran just for knowledge because I'm open minded. I have been with Muslims, I mean the ones from where Islam originated from... and they will tell you that God is one.. they are simple,they pray with you... they follow you to church but they still Muslims
forget all these wannabe Muslims we have around here.

I'm not saying I would trade Christianity for anything... but Islam is not as bad as they make you believe. na all these wack ones dey spoil am... dey carry am for head pass people wey teach them... we also have the same problem in Christianity.
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
HITsquad:
Im officially a Christian too... but I have gone through qoran... and what did I see... whole lot of same ideology and same biblical stories... just slight difference.

I went through qoran just for knowledge because I'm open minded. I have been with Muslims, I mean the ones from where Islam originated from... and they will tell you that God is one.. they are simple,they pray with you... they follow you to church but they still Muslims
forget all these wannabe Muslims we have around here.

I'm not saying I would trade Christianity for anything... but Islam is not as bad as they make you believe. na all these wack ones dey spoil am... dey carry am for head pass people wey teach them... we also have the same problem in Christianity.
You went through the Quran for knowledge yet you came away with some pretty shallow comparisons as far as a supposed learned one is concerned? undecided

Even Buddhists are simple and will pray with you and will speak to you of Enlightenment and will go places with you, but surely you don't now think that Buddhism is a similar belief as Christianity, now do you? undecided

Please, if you are serious about comparing the beliefs, get down to the details, past the show posters, to see how diametrically opposed even all these three religions mentioned cannot in anyway be suggested as being same or even having similar roots. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by HITsquad: 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You went through the Quran for knowledge yet you came away with some pretty shallow comparisons as far as a supposed learned one is concerned? undecided

Even Buddhists are simple and will pray with you and will speak to you of Enlightenment and will go places with you, but surely you don't now think that Buddhism is a similar belief as Christianity, now do you? undecided

Please, if you are serious about comparing the beliefs, get down to the details, past the show posters, to see how diametrically opposed even all these three religions mentioned cannot in anyway be suggested as being same or even having similar roots. undecided
Typical Christian... you win. not like I will make money if I continue debating this. I no get much strength lol

in conclusion... There's only one God... nobody go talk say him own Mama soup no superior... the way you feel about your religion is the same way everyone else feel about theirs.

so try and respect that brother.

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by Cousin9999: 12:33am On Apr 12, 2022
Xtian
Re: Mother Wants Him Muslim, Father Wants Him Christian by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:50am On Apr 12, 2022
VictorUSA:

this doesnt make sense, why is it a issue now when the boy is 19

religion values and association doesnt start when you are 19 , its start from the day a child start to copy what adults do eg from 2 years old

how has religion values and teaching have been implemented in this family set up all these 19 years ?

(1) (Reply)

Today Is The Worst Day Of My Life / His Words Got Me Defenseless / I Need A Candid Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.