Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Have You Heard Of DSTR? Hope I Have Not Been Scammed. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Heard Of DSTR? Hope I Have Not Been Scammed. (739 Views)

Have You Heard Of Oke-ite Charm? Do You Know What It's All About? / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Heard Of DSTR? Hope I Have Not Been Scammed. by Ursinmind(m): 11:48pm On Apr 11, 2022
So on 5th of this month, a young man walked into my place of work to market this decoder. He Said the service is provider is NIGCOMSAT and that it is free to air, he also said one can access all DSTV's stations on it. It is at this junction I decided to give him audience.

Since my house is not far from there, I took him home and he connected the decoder using his phone in place of dish and truly we access over 300 stations instantly including super sport. To clear my doubt I asked him to replace his phone with mine and he did, the stations including MBC were all showing just that the pictures were not very good and he said it was because we are using phone instead of dish. He Said it is a new product and they are on promo so I can pay the fee in instalment.

I paid part payment and he promised to come and install it with dish the following day which happens to be 6th of April and since then I haven't seen or hear from him. I have been calling both his number and the one on the receipt he gave me but both as been saying number busy even when I tried in the middle of the night.

I hope I haven't be scammed of my little money.

Attached are pictures of the decoder and the receipt.

Re: Have You Heard Of DSTR? Hope I Have Not Been Scammed. by Caspertech: 12:01am On Apr 12, 2022
Just get yourself a dish and find a way to install it or get someone who does Installation to help out as for that dude his gone.

1 Like

Re: Have You Heard Of DSTR? Hope I Have Not Been Scammed. by Danielle09: 12:15am On Apr 12, 2022
Please take a shot of the lists of channels on it
Re: Have You Heard Of DSTR? Hope I Have Not Been Scammed. by 46arcadez(m): 12:28am On Apr 12, 2022
Just like the first person said, just look for any dish and connect to it. Remember to give update mabe I will join you in buying the decoder cus multichoice has showed me something
Re: Have You Heard Of DSTR? Hope I Have Not Been Scammed. by emnite(m): 1:12am On Apr 12, 2022
The guy has blocked you on call that stuff is a scam
Re: Have You Heard Of DSTR? Hope I Have Not Been Scammed. by okooloyun1(m): 1:49am On Apr 12, 2022
He only market the decoder. Buy the remaining accessories and get satellite dish installer to install it.
Re: Have You Heard Of DSTR? Hope I Have Not Been Scammed. by Torg77: 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ursinmind:
So on 5th of this month, a young man walked into my place of work to market this decoder. He Said the service is provider is NIGCOMSAT and that it is free to air, he also said one can access all DSTV's stations on it. It is at this junction I decided to give him audience.

Since my house is not far from there, I took him home and he connected the decoder using his phone in place of dish and truly we access over 300 stations instantly including super sport. To clear my doubt I asked him to replace his phone with mine and he did, the stations including MBC were all showing just that the pictures were not very good and he said it was because we are using phone instead of dish. He Said it is a new product and they are on promo so I can pay the fee in instalment.

I paid part payment and he promised to come and install it with dish the following day which happens to be 6th of April and since then I haven't seen or hear from him. I have been calling both his number and the one on the receipt he gave me but both as been saying number busy even when I tried in the middle of the night.

I hope I haven't be scammed of my little money.

Attached are pictures of the decoder and the receipt.

you came here to cry over 15k mad man lol
Re: Have You Heard Of DSTR? Hope I Have Not Been Scammed. by Ursinmind(m): 11:17am On Apr 13, 2022
Sorry o Dangote, you can refund me if it pains you that much.

you came here to cry over 15k mad man lol[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Man Called Mr Frank Is A Scammer For Sportybet / VIDEO: Old Woman Beats And Stops An Armed Robber From Running Away / My Kidnappers Threatened Large-scale Attacks On Yorubaland – Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.