Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

"scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd (4621 Views)

Landover Company Nigeria Limited / Setgoals Nigeria Ltd Recruits / Rubbies Company Nigeria Ltd Various Vacancies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by informaty2(m): 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2011
"Scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Hello innocent unemployed Nigerian graduates,am just coming from this so called ( Seaway Company Nigeria Limited ) at No.6 Bamgbose Street,Kadiri off Oregun Road,I got there this morning alongside some people I met there,ONLY TO SEE A SMALL TINY THING CALLED OFFICE HAVING ONE ILLITERATE CALLED THE SECTARY, AND ONE MAN UNEDUCATED,ILLITERATE,MONEY SUCKING MAN WHOM I ASSUME TO BE THE PIONEER.
My there friends,the first thing they asked for is our CVs, and now said that the recruitment procedure is that we are going to pay #1500 naira being medical fee that we are to be tested for asthma,they now said that we are coming back on Thursday to pick a form to fill and come back on friday for a letter to the so called company.
We asked series of questions from the man,questions like where is the company located? Do you have any handbills or sticker that talks about the company and many more, he couldn't give reasonable answers to all questions asked,we were about 8 in number,all he was saying was that we should drop say 500 or 700 if we want to know more,every one was very very very furious and annoyed.
Unfortunately TWO YOUNG GUYS CAME FROM IJEBU ( OGUN SATE ) just to attend and were highly dissapointed as they went home back,we all now concluded b4 goin home to stay at the junction of that street to stop people and warn them from going,b4 I left we stoped at least 15-20 people and all were highly dissapionted.So friends outthere incase you know any one oyt there planing to go or probaly you yourself pls kindly have a change of mindooooooooo
We ghys that went there just wasted T-Fair. Wishinh everyone outhere best of luck pls pls and pls,visit or google the website of any company advertising jobs and call one of the company numbers displayed in the companies website to confirm if truly they are recuiting, and one more thing b4 I go some one I met at that place gave a bitter experince of some one I would like to share with the house,He said that there was a lady who saw a job advert and went to the place,on geting there only to be told that she has to go to the Last flow that that is where the interview will be conducted,she got there and so a man and a secretary who asked her to sit down every where was very quite,the man told the secretary that he wants to go and eat,unknowing for the innocent lady every gate had been locked,she became very frightened so she stood up opened a room and saw a life blood of someone who had been killed,she became frightened and told GOD that she dosent want to die like this,sooner the man came,she packaged her self and told the man that she wants to go and eat before the interview the man said that she should bring the money to help her buy it but the lady pleaded that he should allow her that he wouldn't know the type of food she wanted, so the man reluctantly permitted her and ordered the gate opened,immediately she got down there she took a bike and that was how she asked,honestly I was very astonished when I heard the story,so my friends out there pls be very carefulooooooo this thing is now taking a new dimension,I pray that in this Job search God will protect usoooooooo best of luk to every one buy
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by oyewizzy(m): 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2011
the will give u letter to INSURANCE company ,why spoil business for them, eni to nwa ifa ohun wa ofo
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by azoo: 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2011
i was there yesterday and knew it was fraud immediately I saw the environment. angry cry. even from the name but I just said I wasnt doing anything yesterday so I should just go for site seeing, you can imagine that idiot that cannot even pour out good diction for a sec. it was daunting., i felt weak when I heard that we were to pay 1500 for the test, they just kept giving me proofs that they are scammers, you can imagine a supposed beverage company wanting to carry out a test to know if their prospective employees are asthmatic so they may know whether they can work with the kind of chemicals that they use in their factory, Haba, if I no get sense my CGPA na above 4.0 meaning I know book small, which kain chemical dem dey use produce wetin dem fit chop wey go affect person health wen no be say na poison dem dey produce
Beware peeps, I wonder how this fake adverts get out there,
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Poster,didn't the lady in question give you an address of the venue where this happened so others out can be aware and not fall victim.
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by senoraaquila(f): 12:09am On Jul 07, 2011
guys, tnks alot 4d info cos i was even planning 2go there 2mrw,
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by senoraaquila(f): 12:11am On Jul 07, 2011
guys, tnks alot 4d info cos i was even planning 2go there 2mrw,
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by bankyg04: 7:41am On Jul 07, 2011
peeps,its 4 real oooo.my fiancee was there yesterday too and they managed to collect the sum of 1,500 and 2,000 from jobseekers.its a big scam and i begin to wonder how these adverts get through to the public and i believe people of this calibres should be apprehended by the police. it was also gathered yesterday that the same guys performed same operation on that street last year and i wonder why the neighbourhood didnt alert the enforcement agencies.
omo,things dey happen 4 dis country o. na only God go save us. sad sad sad
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by chinexski: 9:43am On Jun 03, 2012
MY FELLOW BRODA AND SISTA OMOH THEM DONE CHOP MY MONEY OH MAKE UNA NO GO ANY SEAWAY COMPANY OH NA FAKE OH
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by belloabayomi(m): 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2012
Thank You for this information.... Just planning ‎​to go ‎​to the company tomorrow. ‎​Na God go punish them. :oThank You for this information.... Just planning ‎​to go ‎​to the company tomorrow. ‎​Na God go punish them.
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by OKENaseXP: 1:42am On Jun 26, 2012
hey guys,i went there yesterday and came out feeling like a fool for one mu-mu man to be talking from two sides of his mouth about a stupid medical test. my only regret is dropping my CV with those mongoose which i know they don't even know what it says as they asked me to bring my 1500 today. i want to alert the police about this, those two guys can not just be doping innocent job seeker just like that. i was really surprise how guys were trooping there in their numbers. any person with police link should get them involved too pls.
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by kcluv9ja: 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
My broder,,i heard that Cway are recruiting dis year 2013.id mean now!can someone please give me their website?or full company address?thanx.
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by vicope: 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
U mean these seaway guys are still there? shocked shocked shocked shocked
I was there sometime in early 2009 when I was in Lagos. They actually advertised on Vanguard Newspaper. When I got there (same address that the OP gave), I saw a small shop that they used as office. With the same man and lady speaking igbo, I was discouraged. They asked me to drop my cv and #1000 which I told him I didn't have because I didn't know it was required for the interview. He asked me how much I had, and I told him #400. He said I should bring it but I declined, insisting that was my transport fare. He told me to drop 'something' to show my commitment and I reluctantly dropped #200 (at that point, I knew I was been philantropic), but I wanted to fulfill all righteousness.

Few days later, he called me to come pick up my letter. I didn't want to go but I was curious and desperate at that time, so I went there. He gave me a letter that was addressed to the Manager, Seaway Nigeria (there was no particular address) and a phone number (that of the so-called Manager). After giving me the letter, he asked for #1500 which I told him bluntly I do not have. He then told me to call the number in two days time. When I called the number, a woman picked and I explained how I got her number. She told me to hold on, that my appt letter was under process, that she will get back to me. She never did!

After a while, I relocated to abuja and was blessed with a Federal appt. Today, all I do is laugh when I remember my ordeal with those fraudsters.

However, my worries are:

1. How come this people continue this illegal activity for years without been busted by security agencies?

2. Why does the Guardian Newspaper or any other dailies not confirm the authenticity of job recruitment agencies or adverts before publishing them, thereby misleading millions of unsuspecting umemployed youths?

I think this case should be reported by all of you who have been recently duped in order to prevent others from falling victims. Imagine people travelling and risking their lives to travel to Lagos only to be duped by job scammmers! Its pathetic and unacceptable.

May I also add that Lagos and Ibadan are notorious for these job scammers. For reasons I do not know, they are not so much in Abuja, though there are some!
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by temtoptempo1(m): 10:49am On Mar 28, 2013
Guys, can't these scammers b shown token of our hospitality. Like some nocks n slaps before we leave there stupid chamber such that other scamers ll fear. I mumu follo some job seeker paid #500 naira in 2011 but they paid me back before I left their place that same day. One idiot global....inc. If they see your eye they ll pay back. Just a suggestion ooo.
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by Gboliwe: 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2013
kcluv9ja: My broder,,i heard that Cway are recruiting dis year 2013.id mean now!can someone please give me their website?or full company address?thanx.
They are recruiting. I posted their advert here sometime ago.

For clarity sake Cway is a genuine multinational company while seaway is the scamming one room office
Re: "scammmmmmmmmm" My Guys Be Ware Seaway Company Nigeria Ltd by Gboliwe: 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2013
kcluv9ja: My broder,,i heard that Cway are recruiting dis year 2013.id mean now!can someone please give me their website?or full company address?thanx.

(1) (Reply)

Fifty Thousand Naira For Five Nairalanders / Pz Is Recruiting / Fidelity Bank Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.