Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Ur 1st Performance On Stage - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ur 1st Performance On Stage (746 Views)

Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage / Watch The Video Of Burna Boy’s Performance On Panties / Gbedunation Watch Asa's Performance On French Music Awards ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ur 1st Performance On Stage by nanaboi(m): 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2007
Prior 2 that day, it had been just responsorial psalms in church, solos or stuff like that
The BS about that performance wasn't that it was my 1st time, but that I wasn't prepared.

It was a duet wit my bro - a real pushy kind of bro - and we wanted it 2 be a short medley, u know, flex voice a little, exhibit modern melisma and all

O boy, we don reach there, mic no good 2 start with and we didnt rehearse remember -
freestyle.
Ok

We started with "Silent Night" but like unlike we  plan'd, we didnt get 2 do anotha one. We flex flex flex, modulate modulate soteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
mic spoil, scatter our voice wey we don already wear out with keyz that were inaccessible 2 our voices.

Bottom line, we messed up. And 2 think of say my bro attracted a lot of his friends (some of them real good singers) 2 watch us - chai!

The very next day, I had 2 leave school - I just travelled home 2 hide my big head a while.
And tho there were later nice encounters on the stage, man, the 1st still tastes bitter.

Tell me about urs abeg
Re: Ur 1st Performance On Stage by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2007
Men
To start with, I'm 14.
There was this impromptu thing, and one way or the other, through some circumstances I can't explain, the lots fell on me. I had to go upstage and sing.
I wasn't prepared one bit. I knew the song, quite alright (Gallery - Mario Vasquez) but there were no instrumentals, and all that. My name had already been called when I went to meet the music guy and we quickly hooked up something, then I went on stage to sing. Remember, I don't have a great voice, just there.
I sang, and then, I didn't go off key, I know how to control my voice (trust me). But, the beat was wack, and then towards the end, the guy inserted Yahooze. I felt like dropping the mic, but I'm a school prefect, and that would be the last thing to do.
Mild applause. It was a really big problem to go to my seat from the stage. And I'm a really talkey (understand?) person, I talk a lot on stage, do debates, even make other people's announcements for them, and it's no problem facing a crowd. But after singing, words can't describe how I felt.

Tayo
Re: Ur 1st Performance On Stage by nanaboi(m): 10:58am On Aug 10, 2007
O Boy! And going by ur age, it must have felt real terrible.

Anybody here ever done "wack 1st rap" on stage? I can't wait 2 hear

(1) (Reply)

Between Me And U / Where Can I Download This Piece Of History? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.