Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,899 members, 7,831,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

How Would You Answer This Interview Question - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Would You Answer This Interview Question (21336 Views)

How Does One Answer This Strange Interview Question / Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? / How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by tomzyELNINO: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
I will prefer a job well done on time.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by ChoCho54(f): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Both are essential ingredients in getting the job.
There must be a balance.

Accuracy and speed mix better.

Get it right the first time and in good time.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by tragergeorge(m): 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Do you deliver the project on time or do you deliver the project well done?

Very loaded question, especially if the project is supposed to generate income for the business.

For management, on time is always better than well done. I learned that the hard and bitter way. You tell management the truth - that this project cannot be feasibly delivered in this timeline, they will push you out and get someone who will say it can. It then becomes a game of managing expectations.

Ironically I have read that the iPhone was not ready when Steve jobs presented it. A lot of smoke and mirrors goes into project commissioning ceremonies because the owners have set a date in stone for showtime

I guess you have to identify the critical parts of the job that MUST BE Ready, and focus on those while putting off non critical parts to later.

Also for the end user and management you must focus on finishing / UI. A well presented incomplete project can fool the people who need to be fooled
wetin u come talk now
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Ishilove: 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
lomprico:

Time is money so a job done on time is better. Done forget in the emphasis 'done' the job has been done and on time.
And risk losing the clients if there are costly errors?
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by bounju(m): 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Deadlines will always be Deadlines whether done or not.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
pocohantas:

I like to think there is no right and wrong to this question. I might be wrong though. lipsrsealed
A job done in time... Any job done is taken as successful completion. In other words a successful completed task in time.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by kingyakos: 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
A job well done is a job done on time.....
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by boxypane(m): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
My answer: it’s on a scale of accuracy, job done on time on a scale of 80-90% is job well done. We need to save time and achieve far more.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by smd837(m): 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
I choose job well done irrespective of time sir, have a nice day. im an African boy.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by enonche85(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
pocohantas:

I like to think there is no right and wrong to this question. I might be wrong though. lipsrsealed

A job done on-time might not have been done well. But a job well done is a job that was done correctly and in the right way.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Mazzkenny: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
A job well done because "a job well done" means everything goes according to the plans of which time is part of the plans

So a job well done must have been done on time

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by KingOfTheDamned: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
It depends on the position you are applying for hence your answer must tally

If you are interviewing for a sales role your answer must be a job done on time , sales people work with time to close sales, and meet targets ... Details can always be discussed later just close the sale.

If you are interviewing for an operations admin or customer care role your answer must be a job done well , as in these roles quality is paramount.

You get it ?
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by CoronaVirusPro: 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
It’s always a job well done.

Save yourself rework
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by enonche85(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
kingyakos:
A job well done is a job done on time.....

I disagree with you...taking your time to do a job guarantees a better result than when you rush to finish it in a shorter time.

Constructing a building is a perfect example.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
Emma1Oj:
what if the process of getting the job done well takes more time than expected? Are you going to wrap it up to save time or take more time to ensure its properly done?? fully aware that their is no time to get the job done.
I would prefer to take my time to do a proper work that I can be proud of. Not something that I would just wrap up quickly to save time which could be detrimental to my career in the long run should it continue.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Opak001(m): 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
To get a job well done,is the only reason interview is done,to check the capability of the candidate.,because it take time to grow a firm like this,with the help of individuals who know how to get a work done properly.
Thanks.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by greatiyk4u(m): 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2022
A job done on time is a job welldone
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by DLSReigns: 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
Rather prefer a job well done within the allocated time frame. Quite possible!
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Houston8(m): 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
As an HR personel, job efficiency is key to the process in which a task is being carried out,
it's Paramount. Job well done in the sense attract KPI, it shows it's was in a timely order, such a question is just to test the applicant logical intelligence quotient.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by stainlink(m): 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
I think a job done well will have to have all parameters which prompt delivery is part of.
For a job to be done well it has to come on time too
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by lomprico(m): 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ishilove:

And risk losing the clients if there are costly errors?

They dint say there were errors or mistakes or job done inappropriately.
The properly done job might not meet deadline and you will also lose the client.

Don't assume, answer the question the way it was asked.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Perfectbeing(m): 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
yanabasee:

Nigeria HR place so much interest in interview questions rather than putting everyone into a practical test and the best gets the job...

On Fiverr or Upwork, your skill earns you a job and not all that interviews or what you wear and how you dressed.

Lots of professors dressed stupid.... And they get more jobs from different universities because their intellects speaks volume.

We need to stop that nonsense..

Nigerian youths will study hoe to answer interview questions and will put little efforts into performance....
In a scenario where a lot of people are capable of the job both intellectually and skillfully, these interview questions come in handy in screening some people out..
Imagine a company in Lagos wanting to employ a very good programmer as their staff in Lagos, do you know how many thousands of people are very good programmers? This is where unimportant things like how you dress and all these funny questions come in handy to screen people out.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by lomprico(m): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
enonche85:

I disagree with you...taking your time to do a job guarantees a better result than when you rush to finish it in a shorter time.

Na so all of una dey take fail. They dint say anything about mistakes or errors. A job u took time to do can still have errors.

The emphasis is 'job done properly' and 'job done on time'
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by enonche85(m): 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
lomprico:

Na so all of una dey take fail. They dint say anything about mistakes or errors. A job u took time to do can still have errors.

The emphasis is 'job done properly' and 'job done on time'

two separate options were given. no other specifics was given.

...Yes it can still have errors but the errors could be minimal compared to a job done timely.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Ddokie: 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2022
WibusJaga:

A job well done involves both performing a job well & performing same job on time. So a job can not be said to be well done if it was not done on time. cool

Simple answer.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Heavenian: 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2022
A job delivery has time limit but quality must not be compromised
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by kingyakos: 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
enonche85:

taking your time to do a job guarantees a better result than when you rush to finish it in a shorter time.

What's the difference with what I said
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by OlawaleBammie: 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
pocohantas:

i prefer a job well done on time
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by ajerimitan: 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
Only military guys or sports men truely understand what real time and the concept around it means. You can only do well if the time permits you to ever do at all. So do and move if the time is up. Fixing all the nuts, covering all the tanks, screwing all the bolts, crossing all the tees and dotting all the iiiss in cluding typographical error and grammatical blunders can cost too much if all that matters is speed of execution I mean TIME
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Emma1Oj(m): 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
Maryjane001:

I would prefer to take my time to do a proper work that I can be proud of. Not something that I would just wrap up quickly to save time which could be detrimental to my career in the long run should it continue.
very good and clever respond. But what will be the first thing you shld do noticing that the job needs more time to be properly done?
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Johel(m): 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2022
pocohantas:

A job well done is it...a job done with time can be rushed and mistakes can be discovered...so a job well done is a job that's being executed with total concentration and accuracy regardless of the time.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by CaptainFM1: 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2022
I prefer a job well done in good time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anoh Gas Recruitment / FCMB Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.