Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. (1370 Views)

Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery / Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery / How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. by Rayd502(m): 10:44am On Apr 13, 2022
I have been away from home for about 2 weeks now,I forgot to disconnect the terminal heads of my car battery before travelling.

I called and asked my neighbour to help start and warm the car but was told that it won't start coz battery is dead.I ve asked him to disconnect the terminals pending my arrival.

Can such a battery be revived or is it time for replacement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
Rayd502:
I have been away from home for about 2 weeks now,I forgot to disconnect the terminal heads of my car battery before travelling.

I called and asked my neighbour to help start and warm the car but was told that it won't start coz battery is dead.I ve asked him to disconnect the terminals pending my arrival.

One of two things is involved: you have a parasitic drain or a weak battery.

2 weeks is way too short a frame to have an auto battery go limp.

Figure out which it is and take appropriate action after your findings.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. by zed7: 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
I have a car that won't start if you don't start it in 2 days. I've tried to search for source of parasitic drain without success. I just make sure I start it every morning and disconnect the battery terminal if travelling. I nor get time for wahala.

5 Likes

Re: How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. by Rayd502(m): 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

One of two things is involved: you have a parasitic drain or a weak battery.

2 weeks is way too short a frame to have an auto battery go limp.

Figure out which it is and take appropriate action after your findings.

Thanks.
Re: How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. by grafixdon: 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
Maybe 6 months. The longest I've travelled without put on my car was 2 months. After arriving 2 months later, I put on ignition the car starts without hesitation, though the sound was horrible but the engine stabilised 2 minutes later.
Re: How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. by Gkemz: 8:34pm On Apr 15, 2022
zed7:
I have a car that won't start if you don't start it in 2 days. I've tried to search for source of parasitic drain without success. I just make sure I start it every morning and disconnect the battery terminal if travelling. I nor get time for wahala.

Buy new battery or change the acid

1 Like

Re: How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. by zed7: 10:08am On Apr 16, 2022
Gkemz:

Buy new battery or change the acid
Battery bought in February.
Re: How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. by Compliant(m): 6:53am On Apr 17, 2022
Rayd502:

Just give battery charger 1,000naira max to charge the battery and you are good to go. Dont change any acid as the battery is still okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can One Park A Car Idle Before The Battery Runs Dead. by Rayd502(m): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2022
Compliant:

Just give battery charger 1,000naira max to charge the battery and you are good to go. Dont change any acid as the battery is still okay

Exactly what I did...Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Ml320 Auxillary Position / How Long A Distance Is Adviceable With Temporary Tyre? / The Most Ridiculous Thing You Saw Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.