Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,840 members, 7,851,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:02 AM

The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus (1662 Views)

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Resurrection of Jesus
by Matt Slick | Dec 5, 2008 | Jehovah's Witnesses, World Religions

The Watchtower organization says that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in (You Can Live Forever on Paradise Earth, pp. 143-44). Instead, it says that He rose as a spirit creature and that the material body of Jesus was taken away by God the Father. Therefore, they deny the physical resurrection of Christ. Is this important? Most definitely!

1 Cor. 15:14 says, "If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain." In other words, if Jesus did not rise from the dead, then Christianity is a waste of time; and we are then still dead in our sins. It is obvious that the doctrine of the resurrection of Jesus is a vital and essential element of Christianity but what of the Jehovah's Witnesses? Are they accurate in their assessment of Jesus' resurrection in denying the physical resurrection but affirming a "spiritual" resurrection? The answer is a definite, "No."

It is obvious from Jesus' own words in John 2:19-21 that He would raise Himself from the dead:

"Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20 The Jews therefore said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?" 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body."

John 2:19-21 is a clear prophecy of Christ. Note that He said He would raise up "this temple." John the apostle clarifies for us that "this temple" was actually Jesus' physical body. Therefore, Jesus' physical body was raised from the dead. Very simple. However, the Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus' own words here.

In order to help you see the error of the Watchtower position and aid you in refuting their arguments, I've compiled the following list of arguments used by the Jehovah's Witnesses to support their position.

The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Resurrection of Jesus >> The Watchtower organization says that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in. Read more here

1 Share

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Resurrection of Jesus >> The Watchtower organization says that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in. [color=]Read more here[/color]

So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body. Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 1Corinthians 15:42-45 Revised Standard Version

Who is the last Adam that never raised in his PHYSICAL BODY but in a SPIRITUAL BODY so that he became a LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT? smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by iamSi(m): 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
Here they come again , blind conclusions

If they do not believe in physical resurrection of Jesus , how come they believe he was seen my Mary , the Apostles ?

Guess they were in spirit too ? Stop this defamations , your end won't be very nice

Where are your propagandas leading you to ?

1 Like

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Ammishaddai: 8:07pm On Apr 13, 2022
I've always known JWs to be highly confused in their doctrines . Anyway, can we blame them since freemasons are heading their organization grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Janosky: 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ammishaddai:
I've always known JWs to be highly confused in their doctrines . Anyway, can we blame them since freemasons are heading their organization grin
Oga, again you violated Nairaland Rule 8.

Continue DECEIVING yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Resurrection of Jesus >> The Watchtower organization says that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in. Read more here

do make you begin attend meetings at the closest kingdom hall. We now use it as from last two Sundays, now there still a little time. I once reasoned like you till The only true God who alone bears the name Jehovah, gave me opportunity out of love and concern for me, as well as all pure truth-searching ones. Now is d time

3 Likes

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Janosky: 8:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Oga, face the paradigm shift with your DLC sheeples & Sole Proprietor god of men.

2 Likes

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Janosky:

I wonder what they're doing with Paul's words that i quoted for them? smiley
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Ammishaddai: 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2022
Janosky:

You will wail and wail until you tell me why freemasonry keeps heading watchtower grin

2 Likes

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Janosky: 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Resurrection of Jesus
by Matt Slick | Dec 5, 2008 | Jehovah's Witnesses, World Religions

The Watchtower organization says that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in (You Can Live Forever on Paradise Earth, pp. 143-44). Instead, it says that He rose as a spirit creature and that the material body of Jesus was taken away by God the Father.
1 Corinthians 15:45, your Bible says Jesus Christ is a life giving spirit in heaven.

Oga, God is spirit in heaven, does God have human body?
Are you not the ones who claim Jesus is God?
Does your God have human body?
Oga, why do you come here typing GIBBERISH?

OLAADEGBU:

Therefore, they deny the physical resurrection of Christ. Is this important? Most definitely!
1 Cor. 15:14 says, "If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain." In other words, if Jesus did not rise from the dead, then Christianity is a waste of time; and we are then still dead in our sins.
Oga OLAADEGBU, did 1 Corinthians 15:14 tell you Jesus resurrected with human body?

NEVER!
You are LYING on this public forum.
Your quote is NOT in concord with your claim.

OLAADEGBU:

It is obvious that the doctrine of the resurrection of Jesus is a vital and essential element of Christianity but what of the Jehovah's Witnesses? Are they accurate in their assessment of Jesus' resurrection in denying the physical resurrection but affirming a "spiritual" resurrection? The answer is a definite, "No."
The answer is YES!
1 Corinthians 15:45, Jesus Christ is a risen life giving spirit.
1 Corinthians 15:45, your Bible says so.
Oga, continue LYING & console yourself. grin cheesy

OLAADEGBU:

It is obvious from Jesus' own words in John 2:19-21 that He would raise Himself from the dead:

"Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20 The Jews therefore said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?" 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body."

John 2:19-21 is a clear prophecy of Christ. Note that He said He would raise up "this temple." John the apostle clarifies for us that "this temple" was actually Jesus' physical body. Therefore, Jesus' physical body was raised from the dead. Very simple. However, the Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus' own words here.

5 questions for Oga OLAADEGBU & his followers :
Acts 2:33-36, did Jesus resurrect himself?
No !
Did Psalms 110:1, Acts 2:34 & Hebrews 8:1, was that command:" Sit at my right hand" given to a human being?

Hebrews 7:26-27, Jesus Christ is high priest in heaven.
Is there a physical temple in heaven?
Is Jesus Christ offering sacrifice in heaven?
Do spirits in heaven offer sacrifice?

These 3 deities Polytheists just dey DECEIVE themselves.
walahi
! grin

OLAADEGBU:

In order to help you see the error of the Watchtower position and aid you in refuting their arguments, I've compiled the following list of arguments used by the Jehovah's Witnesses to support their position.

Oga you are typing GIBBERISH grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Janosky: 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ammishaddai:
You will wail and wail until you tell me why freemasonry keeps heading watchtower grin
Oga, you have no proof for your FALSEHOOD.

Yet you have a freemason Cross & symbols in your bedroom and in your business centers & in your Church.
JWs have none !

Bigotry and hypocrisy is rife in you grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2022
Janosky:

Yet you have a freemason Cross & symbols in your bedroom and in your business centers & in your Church.
JWs have none ! Bigotry and hypocrisy is rife in you grin
The funny thing about this misinformed Churchgoers is that others also call their religion "freemason" so it's just like throwing stones without looking! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Ammishaddai: 1:37am On Apr 14, 2022
Janosky:

JWs have none !

Bigotry and hypocrisy is rife in you grin
Janosky, do you remember that video a mysterious Nairalander uploaded that showed certain elders of your organization(WatchTower) being full blown freemasons...? grin If you've forgotten I can send you the link where we had the discussiongrin

1 Like

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

1. They use 1 Peter 3:18 where it says that Christ was "put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit" as an attempt to show that Jesus was not raised physically but as a kind of spirit creature.

Their use of the scripture to support their position is incorrect because this verse does not say that He was raised a spirit creature. It says that He was “made alive in the spirit." What does that mean? Quite simply, it means that Jesus was raised in an imperishable body. This is what 1 Cor. 15:35-45 says when it refers to the body as being sown perishable, but raised imperishable; sown in dishonour and raised in glory; sown a natural body and raised a spiritual body, etc. Jesus was the "Last Adam" – a life-giving spirit. Paul is typifying the resurrection body. In this passage Paul is talking about the resurrection of all people. All Christians will be raised in physical bodies. It is said the same of Jesus.

Continue Reading

1 Like

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55am On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I wonder what they're doing with Paul's words that i quoted for them? smiley

See the answer to what you said you quoted in the post above. I hope you can comprehend it. undecided
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Apr 14, 2022
Janosky:

1 Corinthians 15:45, your Bible says Jesus Christ is a life giving spirit in heaven.

Oga, God is spirit in heaven, does God have human body?
Are you not the ones who claim Jesus is God?
Does your God have human body?
Oga, why do you come here typing GIBBERISH?

Oga OLAADEGBU, did 1 Corinthians 15:14 tell you Jesus resurrected with human body?

NEVER!
You are LYING on this public forum.
Your quote is NOT in concord with your claim.

The answer is YES!
1 Corinthians 15:45, Jesus Christ is a risen life giving spirit.
1 Corinthians 15:45, your Bible says so.
Oga, continue LYING & console yourself. grin cheesy

5 questions for Oga OLAADEGBU & his followers :
Acts 2:33-36, did Jesus resurrect himself?
No !
Did Psalms 110:1, Acts 2:34 & Hebrews 8:1, was that command:" Sit at my right hand" given to a human being?

Hebrews 7:26-27, Jesus Christ is high priest in heaven.
Is there a physical temple in heaven?
Is Jesus Christ offering sacrifice in heaven?
Do spirits in heaven offer sacrifice?

These 3 deities Polytheists just dey DECEIVE themselves.
walahi
! grin

Oga you are typing GIBBERISH grin

Take your notebook and learn from the answers provided.
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2022
A.F. Branco Cartoon – He Has Risen
A.F. BRANCO on April 12, 2022 at 7:00 am

Jesus Christ Overcomes Death

Jesus was crucified on the cross and on the third day he rose to defeat death. Cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2022.
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:16am On Apr 17, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

See the answer to what you said you quoted in the post above. I hope you can comprehend it. undecided

Ọ̀gbẹ́ni answer the question straightforward, Jesus died as flesh and raised as spirit that's what the scriptures say! wink
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Apr 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọ̀gbẹ́ni answer the question straightforward, Jesus died as flesh and raised as spirit that's what the scriptures say! wink

Where then are his bones kept since His grave was and is empty? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Where then are his bones kept since His grave was and is empty? undecided
Where is Moses's body?
The scriptures say that the Messiah will be like Moses who died and his body was taken away by angels! Jude 9 wink
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Emusan(m): 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body. Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 1Corinthians 15:42-45 Revised Standard Version

Who is the last Adam that never raised in his PHYSICAL BODY but in a SPIRITUAL BODY so that he became a LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT? smiley

Is this verse ONLY talking about Jesus resurrection or resurrection of all dead people?

But see the way you later link this ONLY to Jesus resurrection which supposed to be FOR ALL RESURRECTION cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Let's explore those verses above:

"So is it with the resurrection of the dead."

Meaning ALL the DEAD.

"What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable."

Which means the same body that is sown the same is RAISED

"It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory."

The same body sown the same raised in glory

It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.

The same body the same raised in power

"It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body."

So do you agree that ALL RESURRECTION will be raised in spiritual body?

"If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body. Thus it is written"

Which means all resurrected people will have spiritual body grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit

Which means all resurrected people will became a life-giving spirit too, do you agree?
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
Emusan:

Is this verse ONLY talking about Jesus resurrection or resurrection of all dead people? But see the way you later link this ONLY to Jesus resurrection which supposed to be FOR ALL RESURRECTION cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Let's explore those verses above:
"So is it with the resurrection of the dead."
Meaning ALL the DEAD.
"What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable."
Which means the same body that is sown the same is RAISED
"It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory."
The same body sown the same raised in glory
It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
The same body the same raised in power
"It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body."
So do you agree that ALL RESURRECTION will be raised in spiritual body?
"If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body. Thus it is written"
Which means all resurrected people will have spiritual body grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Which means all resurrected people will became a life-giving spirit too, do you agree?

In as much as i love sharing my time with people who wants to learn or say what they know, i easily get pissed off with those using abusive speeches.
So Mr Emusan do you want to have a tactful conversation having to do with reasoning from the scriptures or you just want to abuse based on the attitude of some you've been chatting with?
If you want a tactful conversation then i will oblige so we can see that the resurrection Paul was talking about here is not for all! undecided
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Emusan(m): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
In as much as i love sharing my time with people who wants to learn or say what they know, i easily get pissed off with those using abusive speeches.

Yet you welcome your brothers who are abusive grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

So Mr Emusan do you want to have a tactful conversation having to do with reasoning from the scriptures or you just want to abuse based on the attitude of some you've been chatting with?

Who asked you?

Leave matter for Mathias, nobody begs for your reply. All these your tactics doesn't work on me.

If you want a tactful conversation then i will oblige so we can see that the resurrection Paul was talking about here is not for all! undecided

Story....

If you can't reply my post nobody will arrest you.

Just press ignore button cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TenQ: 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

What did Jesus Himself say:

Jesus said that He wasn't a Spirit but Flesh and Blood
Luke 24:36-39.
"Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you." But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit. And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.""

If Jesus was a spirit, how did Thomas put his fingers in the side of Jesus where he was pierced?

John20:27-28
27Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” 28Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”

The physical Body of Christ was indeed raised in power according to 1Corinthians 15:42-45
1. Not subject to pain (in spite of the wounds)
2. Not subject to physical limitations (can appear and disappear at will)
3. Not subject to death again

1Corinthians 15:42-45
42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

What was sown in perishable?
What was sown in dishonour?
What was sown in weakness?
What was sown in natural body?

This same "thing" that was sown is that which was raised imperishable, raised in glory, raised in power and raised as a spiritual body (a body like that of the resurrected Christ with no physical limitations.)

How was Lazarus or the daughter of Jairus resurrected? as Spirits?

As usual, this will not make any sense to JWs because seeing, they cannot see. Reading but the mind is clouded and brainwashed.

1 Like

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
TenQ:

"Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you." But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit. And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.""

If Jesus was a spirit, how did Thomas put his fingers in the side of Jesus where he was pierced?

27Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” 28Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”

The physical Body of Christ was indeed raised in power according to 1Corinthians 15:42-45

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

This same "thing" that was sown is that which was raised imperishable, raised in glory, raised in power and raised as a spiritual body (a body like that of the resurrected Christ with no physical limitations.)

As usual, this will not make any sense to JWs because seeing, they cannot see. Reading but the mind is clouded and brainwashed.

MaxInDHouse:

So Mr TenQ do you want to have a tactful conversation having to do with reasoning from the scriptures or you just want to abuse based on the attitude of some you've been chatting with?
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TenQ: 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I think you should have posted that to yourself.
Answer the objection before you begin to teach wrong doctrines
EXCEPT
I first need to first adhere to your wrong doctrines, then there would be no objections in the first place.

If Jesus was resurrected as a spirit, where then was His physical body after burial?

1 Like

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by Emusan(m): 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
TenQ:

Jesus statement has no effect on them even though they claimed they are the real friends of Jesus

"Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you." But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen A SPIRIT. And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? Behold My hands and My feet, [b]THAT IT IS I MYSELF./b] Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.""

Look at the @underlined phrases very well.

How can Jesus say "IT IS I MYSELF"?

I use to say that only a poor English student will read this statement of Jesus Christ and give it another meaning.

what the desciples thought they saw was a SPIRIT (which they will be right in the first place if Jesus is actually a SPIRIT)

So why would Jesus take His time to correct that impression of not being a SPIRIT but FLESH when He is ACTUALLY A SPIRIT?

Is the mystery any JWs can't solve.

They will never understand that 1 Corinthians 15:42-45 despite the fact that they use it to proof Jesus as a spirit

But how to understand those statements of Paul? Simply substitute "It" with what Paul was describing and ask them, is it correct?

For example:

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it(The body) is raised imperishable; 43 it(The body) is sown in dishonor, it(The body) is raised in glory; it(The body) is sown in weakness, it(The body) is raised in power; 44 it(The body) is sown a natural body, it(The body) is raised a spiritual body.

This simple is too hard for them to comprehend.

If Jesus was resurrected as a spirit, where then was His physical body after burial?

Jehovah destroyed it.

Yet they can quote Psalm 16:10 cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
Thanks Sir! smiley

TenQ:

I think you should have posted that to yourself.
Answer the objection before you begin to teach wrong doctrines
EXCEPT
I first need to first adhere to your wrong doctrines, then there would be no objections in the first place.

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by BestLife22(m): 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
Saudi Arabia is not just an Islamic country like everyone thinks. There are a lot of majestic sights to explore in this beautiful city of Riyadh��
Let's give you a tour of Riyadh in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK97jmN9t8o

Just take a look at the drift before and after iftar��
Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TenQ: 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
Emusan:

Jesus statement has no effect on them even though the claimed they are the real friends of Jesus

Look at the @underlined phrases very well.

How can Jesus say "IT IS I MYSELF"?

I use to say that only a poor English student will read this statement of Jesus Christ and give it another meaning.

what the desciples thought they saw was a SPIRIT (which they will be right in the first place if Jesus is actually a SPIRIT)

So why would Jesus take His time to correct that impression of not being a SPIRIT but FLESH when He is ACTUALLY A SPIRIT?

Is the mystery any JWs can't solve.

They will never understand that 1 Corinthians 15:42-45 despite the fact that they use it to proof Jesus as a spirit

But how to understand those statements of Paul? Simply substitute "It" with what Paul was describing and ask them it is correct?

For example:

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it(The body) is raised imperishable; 43 it(The body) is sown in dishonor, it(The body) is raised in glory; it(The body) is sown in weakness, it(The body) is raised in power; 44 it(The body) is sown a natural body, it(The body) is raised a spiritual body.

This simple is too hard for them to comprehend.

Jehovah destroyed it.

Yet they can quote Psalm 16:10 cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I sometimes marvel at how completely satan can imprison humans even in the name of Christ. The demons in charge of these prisoners of JW organisation can only be flushed out with a large dose of the grace of Christ and an encounter that forces them to ask relevant questions with a view of adopting the truth.

1 Like

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by TenQ: 10:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Thanks Sir! smiley

John 3:19-21
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

1 Like

Re: The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
TenQ:

John 3:19-21
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Thanks Sir and may you have PEACE! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seventh Day Adventist-any Idea? / Say A Prayer For Nigeria / Skeptic Mouth Stoppers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.