Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,961 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC (15752 Views)

Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? / Lagosians Rush To Board Lagos Blue Line Rail Train In Marina (Video) / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Viraltrends123: 8:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
That's the solution they came up with, after several days of thinking.

Me: A goat would have done better than all of them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Just asking though, will bandits pass over me if they see my NIN undecided
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Ebonieblak: 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2022
Did the terrorists (nicknamed bandits) enter the train or they bombed the rail from outside?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Theunbothered: 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2022
I am still waiting for someone to tell me the number of people NIN has rescued so far

3 Likes

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by erico2k2(m): 8:03pm On Apr 14, 2022
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by tienegem(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
What is the essence of asking passengers to submit their NIN before boarding a train when you can trace their NIN through their phone
numbers.
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by calberian: 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Nice move.

I love what the government is doing.

When buying a train ticket, you must use your nin, this should also be extended to plane tickets, and other private and state government providers.

It will reduce fraud and make it easy to do background check on individuals.

My only fear, is data protection

What of foreigners living temporarily in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by DroppingLiquid: 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Just asking though, will bandits pass over me if they see my NIN undecided

There were informants inside the train that's why the attack was successful. But nothing stops a bandit from acquiring NIN.

1 Like

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by pharmagba: 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
Insensitive NRC
Is that what they should be telling us?
No assurance of safety
No progress report on kidnapped victim

Amechi should have use this to show his humanity and problem solving skills.

We should be updated daily on safety of kidnapped victim first, not this NIN stuff.
This should only come after kidnapped victims have been released, family of dead compensated and rail operation about to resume.
Too bad
No visit to family of the dead
No compensation, no matter minimal to the family.

It's not all about election and transportation University in Daura

2 Likes

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by tonididdy(m): 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2022
Lol who wants to ride your hellbound trains anymore angry

3 Likes

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Theunbothered: 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Nice move.

When buying a train ticket, you must use your nin, this should also be extended to plane tickets, and other private and state government providers.

This guy must not have left this country in his entire life.

We have this thing called a PASSPORT.

1 Like

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by jaxxy(m): 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
Ebubu:
Wahala

So bandits can’t board train?

They’ll bomb it if u dnt let them board oo

Bandits don't even care about boarding trains bt how will NIN stop bandits from attacking the train??

We are just being foolish as usual. NIN hasn't helped to improve security sofar.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 14, 2022
The passengers should also paste the NIN on their foreheads. If you like don't install surveillance system. Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Theunbothered: 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
Jakumo:
The following Youtube video illustrates why it is so important for Nigerian train passengers to carry their NIN identity papers when boarding trains that will convey them to their new owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw418D36bBw

Note that in the above video clip, the kidnappers were obliged to request that their seriously traumatized captives identify themselves for the camera. If those passengers had been in possession of their NIN identity papers, there would have been no need to ask each captive to identify themselves because their full identity would have been available so that the kidnappers could compile a full passenger manifest in preparation for the ransom request negotiation process.

What kind of reasoning is this?

Should the priority be with collecting ransom or rescuing the victims.

What horrible crime did I commit to be born in this country with the likes of you for goodness sake. undecided

On a serious note, one wonders whether anyone in their right mind would ever consider boarding a train bound for anywhere in Nigeria when the risk of winding up as a kidnapper's wife or bargaining chip are at least 50%.

Baba Buhari told us that the train will ensure Nigerians travel safely all over the country.
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Tradegood: 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Nice move.

The Kaduna train attack, the terrorist were not on the train. Innocent passengers were.
The terrorist came from the Bush.

They want to use NIN to make the Jihad easier to track targeted victims.
@Iwaeda @myflair maxymilliano eboniblak, theunbothered, pharmagba, tonididdy, jazzy, jetstar, bigchristo, dasparrow, emmastan291, money121, orisa37, Sarkinyarki, majestickris, sweetplum, lomprico, tete7000

High profile killings seemed to have increased since NIN began.

Is the the government killing her Citizens?

1 Like

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by JetStar: 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
Jakumo:

Possession of NIN entity documents by intending hostages enables the kidnappers to efficiently allocate their ransom demands based on the perceived ability to pay for each individual victim, thereby streamlining the decision process as to who lives to pay, and who dies for sport.

WoW "by intending hostages". Bros you harsh oooo.... I get the comic sha. But what on earth would make one an "intending hostage"? LOL.
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Bigchristo: 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/get-your-nin-ready-to-board-trains-from-may-nrc/

Will the NIN stop bandits from attacking the train? I don’t know why this government derived joy In chasing shadows and leave the real problems unsolved
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by nedekid: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
dasparrow:
This makes no sense. The jihadists attacking the trains are in the bush. They are not passengers. When the jihadists are ready to attack, they will ambush the train. So how does having passenger's NIN then suddenly help?
Bros, I taya. Are the terrorist in the train? People supporting this policy don't know the usual civil servant setup taking place. They leadership of the gov agency throws bottle neck into the operation. Create what will cause confusion, in that confusion is where lower civil servants will make money to deliver to ogas at th top.
The solution is to lunch an offensive attack on the bandits. Destroy their bases. Put them on the run, day and night. Ambush and kill them without mercy. That is the solution not all this rubbish. Ohh, did I forget they are Fulani?

2 Likes

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by frowland(m): 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
Ebubu:
Wahala

So bandits can’t board train?

They’ll bomb it if u dnt let them board oo

Hmmm
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Iamolukorede(m): 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
Well this a welcome development in disguise..

In saner climes which I am a witness, once you are buying a sim card you must go with any identification belonging to you either you residential permit, id card, work permit or your passport for proper documentation.

Nigeria is a show of shame and drama and I wonder when this leaders will learn to know that nation building is not rocket science and they should stop running the country to the floor. This led administration and their principals are all colossal failures, its no longer news that there is no light at the end of Nigeria tunnel as the future of the country looks bleakly.

The good news is that this leaders don't know how to stop and it can only be more worse, it is not about who becomes the president come 2023, it is about the structure of the country. The colonial lords are benefiting massively from the chaos befalling the country ..

The Nigerian problems are Nigerian's know this and have peace ..
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by tete7000(m): 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2022
Do they bomb the train from the inside or from the bush?

1 Like

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Udemzy05: 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2022
Na mumu dey board train.
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by lomprico(m): 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2022
NIN is supposed to be to track down kidnappers, criminals n terrorists but the terrorists in power have decided to use it against the law abiding citizens instead of the criminals. Useless leaders
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by lomprico(m): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
Jakumo:
The following Youtube video illustrates why it is so important for Nigerian train passengers to carry their NIN identity papers when boarding trains that will convey them to their new owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw418D36bBw

Note that in the above video clip, the kidnappers were obliged to request that their seriously traumatized captives identify themselves for the camera. If those passengers had been in possession of their NIN identity papers, there would have been no need to ask each captive to identify themselves because their full identity would have been available so that the kidnappers could compile a full passenger manifest in preparation for the ransom request negotiation process.

On a serious note, one wonders whether anyone in their right mind would ever consider boarding a train bound for anywhere in Nigeria when the risk of winding up as a kidnapper's wife or bargaining chip are at least 50%.

You are really dumb!
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by fluffybaby(f): 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2022
After frustrating regular folks before boarding Terrorists still board those trains in droves without a hitch and walk away with passengers as bounty.
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2022
Tradegood:

The Kaduna train attack, the terrorist were not on the train. Innocent passengers were.
The terrorist came from the Bush.

They want to use NIN to make the Jihad easier to track targeted victims.
@Iwaeda @myflair maxymilliano eboniblak, theunbothered, pharmagba, tonididdy, jazzy, jetstar, bigchristo, dasparrow, emmastan291, money121, orisa37, Sarkinyarki, majestickris, sweetplum, lomprico, tete7000

High profile killings seemed to have increased since NIN began.

Is the the government killing her Citizens?
Are you well? Why you dey mention me like Hot man
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
Àwọn Ọ̀dẹ̀!

Boarding is not the problem.

The attackers weren't on the bombed train!

They didn't need NIN to bomb the tracks!

1 Like

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Oxtertee(m): 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
I
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
DroppingLiquid:

There were informants inside the train that's why the attack was successful. But nothing stops a bandit from acquiring NIN.

Bruh.....

They don't need informants on the train if the train is on a schedule like trains usually are.

As for identifying potential victims, an informant in the booking office is way better.

1 Like

Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by shegedu: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
God knows I will still board the train, I am happy to know they are resuming soon, it still remain the safest, all die na die!
Re: Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC by Electrochemistry(m): 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hehehe this is funny!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Opens Visa Centre In Abuja / Major Traffic Jam Routes In Lagos / Nigeria Begins Registration For 10-year E-passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.