Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! (10112 Views)

Ibadan Muslims Defy Sultan’s Directive, Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayer On Wednesday / Endsars Protesters Observe Jumat Prayer At Lekki Tollgate And Alausa (video) / Fasting is not accepted if one doesn’t pray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Lukgaf(m): 6:23am On Apr 15, 2022
No doubt, some Muslims only fast without observing solat. Will there fasting be accepted?

Praise be to Allah.

No good deeds will be accepted from one who does not pray – no zakaah, no fasting, no Hajj or anything else.

Al-Bukhaari (520) narrated that Buraydah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not pray ‘Asr, his good deeds will be annulled.”

What is meant by “his good deeds will be annulled” is that they will be rendered invalid and will be of no benefit to him. This hadeeth indicates that Allaah will not accept any good deed from one who does not pray, so the one who does not pray will not benefit at all from his good deeds and no good deed of his will be taken up to Allaah.

It seems from the hadeeth that there are two types of those who do not pray: those who do not pray at all, which annuls all their good deeds, and those who do not offer a particular prayer on a particular day, which annuls the good deeds of that day. So annulment of all good deeds happens to those who forsake all the prayers, and annulment of the good deeds of a particular day happens to the one who omits a particular prayer.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked in Fataawa al-Siyaam (p. 87) about the ruling on the fasting of one who does not pray.

He replied:

The fast of one who does not pray is not valid and is not accepted, because the one who does not pray is a kaafir and an apostate, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“But if they repent [by rejecting Shirk (polytheism) and accept Islamic Monotheism], perform As-Salaah (Iqaamat-as-Salaah) and give Zakaah, then they are your brethren in religion”

[al-Tawbah 9:11]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Between a man and shirk and kufr stands his giving up prayer.” Narrated by Muslim, 82. And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The covenant that separates us from them is prayer; whoever gives up prayer is a kaafir.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2621; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

This is also the view of most of the Sahaabah, if not their consensus. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Shaqeeq (may Allaah have mercy on him), who was one of the well-known Taabi’een, said: The companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not think that omitting any action made a person a kaafir, except for prayer. Based on this, if a person fasts but he does not pray, then his fast is rejected and not accepted, and it will not avail him anything before Allaah on the Day of Resurrection. We say to him: Pray then fast, because if you fast but do not pray, then your fast will be rejected, because acts of worship are not accepted from a kaafir.

The Standing Committee (10/140) was asked: if a person is keen to fast in Ramadaan and to pray in Ramadaan only, but he stops praying as soon as Ramadaan is over, does his fasting count?

They replied:

Prayer is one of the pillars of Islam, and it is the most important pillar after the Shahaadatayn. It is an individual obligation (fard ‘ayn), and whoever does not do it because he denies that it is obligatory, or he does not do it because he is careless and lazy, is a kaafir. With regard to those who fast Ramadaan and pray in Ramadaan only, this is trying to cheat Allaah, and unfortunate indeed are those who only acknowledge Allaah in Ramadaan. Their fasting is not valid if they do not pray at times other than Ramadaan, rather this makes them kaafirs in the sense of major kufr (kufr akbar), even if they do not deny that prayer is obligatory, according to the more sound of the two scholarly opinions.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/49698/fasting-is-not-accepted-if-one-doesnt-pray

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Breadandpeppers(f): 6:38am On Apr 15, 2022
Fasting without prayer is like hunger strike na.

After all the 1-0-1 eating you guys call fasting suppose give una better strength to pray

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Vivov21e: 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
Na WA o but sha,

Fornication over betting
Masturbation over betting
Drug over betting

Betting is the worst

Choose ur addiction wisely

Fornication over betting
Drug over betting

Betting is the worst(est)

4 Likes

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by englishmart(m): 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2022
grin The easiest fasting in life is Ramadan. Just skip lunch and you're good.

5 Likes

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Antiislaam(m): 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2022
Where are these slaves of allah

1 Like

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by harmargedon: 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2022
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Abdullah36(m): 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2022
Breadandpeppers:

After all the 1-0-1 eating you guys call fasting suppose give una better strength to pray
Allah says
يريد الله بكم اليسر و لا يريد بكم العسر
Meaning: Allah intends for you ease and he does not want to make things difficult for you

So even if we are prescribed 1-½-1 that's what we will do

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by jidamsel43(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
Why are Christians envious of Muslims?
They will never comment on their thread but rush to the Muslim thread to exhibit their ignorance

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Puremaker8: 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2022
Vivov21e:
Na WA o but sha,
Fornication over betting Masturbation over betting Drug over betting
Betting is the worst

Fornication over betting Masturbation over betting Drug over betting
bet9ja don do you shege
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by HitSong: 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
That's true.

Meanwhile, They said Islam for Muslims yet many of you fools will still come here to post rubbish.
EVERYTHING NA CRUISE...

You've not finished removing the log of wood in your eyes...

You will take an oath as to being a Muslim just because you want to post rubbish. You will even be calling out Seun to remove the oath as if Nairaland is your father land. If you're not okay with it, can't you just fuçk off or pass.

You fools will just be bringing curses to your generations, if una life problem start now, you people will start blaming village People.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by HitSong: 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2022
Breadandpeppers:
Fasting without prayer is like hunger strike na.

Or deh
Must you post on every thread?
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by HitSong: 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2022
They sa
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Golden111(m): 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2022
From your list;
Drug addiction is the number one destroyer
Follow by fornication
Vivov21e:
Na WA o but sha,

Fornication over betting
Drug over betting

Betting is the worst

Fornication over betting
Drug over betting

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Addme: 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2022
Why would one even not observe solat in the first place not to talk of during Ramadan

1 Like

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by kolakolex: 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2022
Sackk12:
Zhsb

U accepted being a Muslim just to post about betting....lolz.

You lack business ideas,to be be honest with u.

On Ordinary days it's not allowed for Muslims to bet although some so do it;it's Ramadan period u choose to do ur advert.In this month,even the Muslims that bet try to avoid.
The ones that don't pray ,try to pray this period.

U need to get a job,because this one no be work.My candid advice.
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by kolakolex: 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
Sollat is done daily and not during Ramadan alone.Once u fail to perform Sollat daily,u will find it difficult to be up to date during Ramadan.

Anyone who doesn't perfom sollat daily may still miss most of it during Ramadan.Although some try to meet up bt the percentage is not encouraging.May Almighty Allah continue to guide us and make Ibadah easy for us.

4 Likes

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by ENGINEERG(m): 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2022
Religion will make you think that God is watching everyone at every time..
Without fact, just have the believe- that's religion for you.
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Femiwilli: 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2022
Why follow Mohammed who owned slaves

Vol 5 Book 59 -Hadith 541
and at that time Allah's Messenger had a slave called Mid`am

Compare with Jesus who came to set us free

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed

Luke 4:18
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;
he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives,
and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

3 Likes

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by HeavenVGate: 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
Lukgaf:
No doubt, some Muslims only fast without observing solat. Will there fasting be accepted?

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/49698/fasting-is-not-accepted-if-one-doesnt-pray
Stop making Islam so tedious in the faces of Christians. That's why I like Christians I just can't convert ni. With this, you can't win a single soul to Islam and I beginning to believe that those who converted to Muslim was done using force or some kind of juju because no one will hear all this and would still wanna join. I'm a Muslim, when I'm in my shop, I can't leave it and go to pray because of my customers, are you saying I should not bother to fast at all? Bullshit! Anything quote outside Qur'an, I won't accept it be it from whoever said it. Bullshit!

4 Likes

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by duullie88(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2022
HeavenVGate:

Stop making Islam so tedious in the faces of Christians. That's why I like Christians I just can't convert ni. With this, you can't win a single soul to Islam and I beginning to believe that those who converted to Muslim was done using force or some kind of juju because no one will hear all this and would still wanna join. I'm a Muslim, when I'm in my shop, I can't leave it and go to pray because of my customers, are you saying I should not bother to fast at all? Bullshit! Anything quote outside Qur'an, I won't accept it be it from whoever said it. Bullshit!

Nothing like fasting and not praying, if you dont pray ur fast is just hunger strike, dis isnt rocket science.. Plus islam doesnt have to conform to what other religions want.. Err man with him religion and FYI islam is the fastest growing religion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by aumeehn: 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
HeavenVGate:

skipping prayer because of customers wink wink wink typical Yoruba Muslim. You like Christianity but you can't convert? Hahahaha stop stressing yourself, by mere liking it, you have already converted. Oga you are an apostate. Better start going to church on Sundays to cement your new found belief.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by sherylbaky(f): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2022
This is not true, the reward is what will "likely" not complete according to some scholars, but no one actually knows if it will be complete or not except Allah SWT. Stop passing wrong information and stop making Islam hard. Every muslim knows Solat is far'd just like Ramadan fast.

That doesn't mean we should be using fanatism to make Islam hard for those that are trying to stand well on their feet in term of the religion.
U may pass mathematics and fail geography, that doesn't mean with continuous trial u won't later do well in geography too.
Fanatism brings no peace to the society. Islam is a religion of peace.
Allah knows the best.
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Crizzycross: 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by HeavenVGate: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2022
duullie88:

Nothing like fasting and not praying, if you dont pray ur fast is just hunger strike, dis isnt rocket science.. Plus islam doesnt have to conform to what other religions want.. Err man with him religion and FYI islam is the fastest growing religion
Shut up! You're saying rubbish. Go back to your Alfa who taught you that, that every shit he taught was all rubbish and you were just getting to know right now. In case you don't know, fasting isn't really compulsory but I know your empty headed Alfa won't tell you that. What the fasting really trying to achieve is abtrain from sin not for us to go hungry really. Stop saying rubbish, if you don't know, you keep quiet ok!
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by Crizzycross: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2022
kolakolex:
Sollat is done daily and not during Ramadan alone.Once u fail to perform Sollat daily,u will find it difficult to be up to date during Ramadan.

Anyone who doesn't perfom sollat daily may still miss most of it during Ramadan.Although some try to meet up bt the percentage is not encouraging.May Almighty Allah continue to guide us and make Ibadah easy for us.

What is the need fasting when u dnt have food to eat at the end of the fasting for each day? Its frustrating. I need help.
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by HeavenVGate: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
aumeehn:
skipping prayer because of customers wink wink wink typical Yoruba Muslim. You like Christianity but you can't convert? Hahahaha stop stressing yourself, by mere liking it, you have already converted. Oga you are an apostate. Better start going to church on Sundays to cement your new found belief.
And so? If I go to Church no one can stop me not even sultan in sokoto. Yes I'm a YORUBA Muslim.
Re: Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! by aumeehn: 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2022
HeavenVGate:

And so? If I go to Church no one can stop me not even sultan in sokoto. Yes I'm a YORUBA Muslim.
and who even said you will be questioned? Talkless of stopping you. I already know you are a Yoruba Muslim from your post, because most of you are just Religious hypocrites. You will never announce moon sighting or lead others in prayers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan '18: Supplication When Breaking The Fasting / Do Not Compare Yourself With Others! / Sultan Announces October 15 as Eid-ul- Adha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.