Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,328 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. (1853 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home / Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2011
From my observation and research, I found out that Nigerians abroad pollute the name “Nigeria” more than the home stay. By saying this, I do not in any way generalize this assumption to mean all Nigerians abroad but the stigma placed on the name “Nigeria” today comes most from Nigerians abroad. Notwithstanding, Nigerians within have their own contribution to this stigma such as the socio-political violence across Nigeria (Militant issue in the Niger-Delta, Kidnapping and ritual in the East, Boko-Haram and bombing in the North, Yahoo-Yahoo and some other criminal related offences from South-West). All these are socio-political violence which is common in most countries in Africa and even in the Western world that have the involvement of Nigerians within which I referred to as “Home Stay” but looking at the stigma attached to the name “Nigeria” today, I found out of that Nigerians abroad contribute enormously to this in all ramifications. Every day, we hear about Nigerians involvement in one criminal activities or the other across the globe which is in actual fact very annoying and disappointing, as a result of this, “Nigeria” has been labeled with all sorts of names, and Nigerians across the world are tend to be treated as same and that is why Nigerians are face hell in obtaining traveling document (Visa) at most Embassies and subjecting to critical search at most Airports in the world. On this note, I will like to share the observation of all Nigerians.

Note: Please, this thread is not created to cause problem in any form btw Nigerians abroad and the Home stay but only to share the views of reasonable Nigerians. Peace

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by iice(f): 2:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
Mango tree will always bear mango unless propagated abi na genetically engineered.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by justwise(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2011
I think its the other way round, Nigerians at home send out more scam-emails than those abroad. The number of Nigerians abroad who are into scam or other form of crimes are slow compare to those operating from Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by JeSoul(f): 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
justwise:

I think its the other way round, Nigerians at home send out more scam-emails than those abroad. The number of Nigerians abroad who are into scam or other form of crimes are slow compare to those operating from Nigeria.

Nigerians abroad get to interact directly with foreign nationals. If he does one foreigner wrong - that foreigner will have negative views of all nigerians and will tell their friends, families etc. The email scams really, like really put us on the map - negatively. It is now a common joke in movies, tv shows, comedys about Nigeria and email scams . . . sucks.

Also one famous Nigerian can ruin it for everyone - Mutallab. Everytime Nigeria is mentioned it is now associated with terrorism. No one will remember that his father tried to help though, they'll only remember the bad.

iice, wassup now? kiss
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
JeSoul:

Nigerians abroad get to interact directly with foreign nationals. If he does one foreigner wrong - that foreigner will have negative views of all nigerians and will tell their friends, families etc. The email scams really, like really put us on the map - negatively. It is now a common joke in movies, tv shows, comedys about Nigeria and email scams . . . sucks.

Also one famous Nigerian can ruin it for everyone - Mutallab. Everytime Nigeria is mentioned it is now associated with terrorism. No one will remember that his father tried to help though, they'll only remember the bad.

iice, wassup now? kiss

Yes u made some good points there, but some Nigerians abroad have the opportunity as well to prove to foreigners that we are not all about scam emails they receive in their inbox.

Nigerians abroad will be afraid of been caught than Nigerians at home who give no monkey about sending those scam emails to random pple abroad, if they are caught, they can bribe their way out of it.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by JeSoul(f): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2011
justwise:

Yes u made some good points there, but some Nigerians abroad have the opportunity as well to prove to foreigners that we are not all about scam emails they receive in their inbox.
Exactly right. If more and more of us behave ourselves, reasonable foreigners will be able to make a distinction that every country has their bad eggs.

Nigerians abroad will be afraid of been caught than Nigerians at home who give no monkey about sending those scam emails to random pple abroad, if they are caught, they can bribe their way out of it.
Lol. Abi oh. Na true you talk.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by iice(f): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2011
JeSoul i dey ooo.
You? kiss Hope you've seen Transformers tongue

JeSoul:

You know it's easier to remember the bad. Like languages. . .most people tend to pick up the bad words first especially if the people around use it. Same with deeds. Yes it may start of with the good side when others recount and then there will be a 'but', then it ends with the bad.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by JeSoul(f): 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
iice:

JeSoul i dey ooo.
You? kiss Hope you've seen Transformers tongue
I am peaches and cream girl smiley all is well and we thank God. Will see Transformers this weekend . . . saw your comment on the thread in the movie section . . . "mentally edit" cheesy

You know it's easier to remember the bad. Like languages. . .most people tend to pick up the bad words first especially if the people around use it. Same with deeds. Yes it may start of with the good side when others recount and then there will be a 'but', then it ends with the bad.
True and same as the rest of us too. We always remember the bad a whole lot more than the good.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 8:15am On Jul 08, 2011
I think you wrong in the sense that most Nigerians that are into scam now prefer to travel abroad to stage their business because the so called Yahoo-Yahoo and other internet related crimes are no longer profitable while operating from Nigeria. Most sites do no longer accept Nigeria IPs and that is why most Nigerians prefer to travel all the way to some Asian countries, Europe and some parts of North and South America. Don't forget that Nigerians abroad have direct relationship with the western world than the home stay and the way they present themselves matters a lot in judging Nigeria as a whole.

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by claremont(m): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2011
Believe it or not, but for every 1 Nigerian flashed across the media for indulging in scam, there are at least 1000 Nigerians engaging in legitimate business overseas (students, workers e.t.c.) who are not being eulogised by the media. The western media for reasons best known to them tend to focus on the few Nigerians who are into scams, and black out the majority of Nigerians setting legitimate world records at their places of study or work.

It is merely an issue of conjecture for anyone to say that Nigerians abroad are the ones bring disrepute to the Nigerian image, because there are no valid studies to evaluate this claim. In my opinion, both Nigerians abroad and Nigerians at home have a joint role to play in dirtying our image, the same way to both have joint roles to play in cleaning up our image. It is foolhardy to suggest that one party is holistically responsible, at the detriment of the other.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 8:34am On Jul 08, 2011

Yes Nigerians abroad have the opportunity to prove to foreigners but how do we justify the proof with rampant News of Nigerians caught everyday with one offence or the other. Not quite long, there was a story of Nigerian caught in US with hundreds of fake IDs, there was another one who stole abt 600,000 pounds or thereabout with 128 fake IDs and on 6th of this month barely few days ago another Nigerian identified with German National was caught in UK to have swallowed 101 packets of cocaine which contained a total of 1.27kg. How do Nigerians abroad prove these entire stigmas attached to the name “Nigeria”?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by justwise(m): 8:55am On Jul 08, 2011
collinsfbi:

Yes Nigerians abroad have the opportunity to prove to foreigners but how do we justify the proof with rampant News of Nigerians caught everyday with one offence or the other. Not quite long, there was a story of Nigerian caught in US with hundreds of fake IDs, there was another one who stole abt 600,000 pounds or thereabout with 128 fake IDs and on 6th of this month barely few days ago another Nigerian identified with German National was caught in UK to have swallowed 101 packets of cocaine which contained a total of 1.27kg. How do Nigerians abroad prove these entire stigmas attached to the name “Nigeria”?

How many foreigners have been kidnapped or shot dead in Nigeria in recent yrs? How many bombs have gone off in Nigeria in recent yrs? How many politicians have been arrested or jailed in recent yrs for massive fraud?

What good does bombing, kidnapping, fraud and killing do to Nigeria image? All these crimes are committed by Nigerians based in Nigeria.

Yes Nigeria IP addresses are not accepted by some company but that wouldn't stop Nigerians at home from sending scam emails or committing romance scams or posting fake traveler's check.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2011
Believe it or not, but for every 1 Nigerian flashed across the media for indulging in scam, there are at least 1000 Nigerians engaging in legitimate business overseas (students, workers e.t.c.) who are not being eulogised by the media. The western media for reasons best known to them tend to focus on the few Nigerians who are into scams, and black out the majority of Nigerians setting legitimate world records at their places of study or work.
No doubt about that, as we hundreds of those involved in criminal activities so also we have thousands and millions Nigerians engaging in legitimate business but do you think Western Media have any reason why they are focusing on Nigeria? Why not Ghana or other black African countries? If you can't tell me then you are bias in your contribution.

It is merely an issue of conjecture for anyone to say that Nigerians abroad are the ones bring disrepute to the Nigerian image, because there are no valid studies to evaluate this claim. In my opinion, both Nigerians abroad and Nigerians at home have a joint role to play in dirtying our image, the same way to both have joint roles to play in cleaning up our image. It is foolhardy to suggest that one party is holistically responsible, at the detriment of the other.
I don't think you take your time to read the first post because if you do then you will know that am not saying that Nigerians abroad are the only ones bringing disgrace to Nigeria. At the same time, there may be no valid studies to evaluate this as you think but don't forget that observation is one of the valid methods used in evaluation with valid referencing. Let me draw your attention to the fact that Nigerians abroad are at the front wall of attention than the home stay. A lot are actual happen here which Nigeria media do not want to expose but whatever happens to any Nigerians abroad will always attract international attention. Think about this….

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 9:42am On Jul 08, 2011
How many foreigners have been kidnapped or shot dead in Nigeria in recent yrs? How many bombs have gone off in Nigeria in recent yrs? How many politicians have been arrested or jailed in recent yrs for massive fraud?
The kidnapping and bombing issue are socio-political problems which have its link to the Federal Government of Nigeria. Don't forget that as we have issue regarding kidnapping and bombing in Nigerian so also we have it in Asian and some part of Europe. Can you also tell me how many foreigners that have been kidnapped or shot dead in countries like Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Libya, Liberia, even in the United State. All these are happening because pple are fighting for their right and this is diff from pple who sit in one place abroad looking for one way or ther other to defraud another human being. Those involve in some of these things in Nigeria are realling suffering compare to those enjoy abroad.

What good does bombing, kidnapping, fraud and killing do to Nigeria image? All these crimes are committed by Nigerians based in Nigeria.
It does not good and it's against God's will but can be justified.

Yes Nigeria IP addresses are not accepted by some company but that wouldn't stop Nigerians at home from sending scam emails or committing romance scams or posting fake traveler's check. Scam emails are handiwork of both Nigerians home and abroad but Nigerians scammers abroad are leading the race of romance scams because they are the ones that has access to most romance and dating sites with foregn IPs. Finally you are right about Nigerians posting fakes traveler's check but this do not attract international media attention unlike those caught in the act of doing it abroad.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 9:45am On Jul 08, 2011
Yes Nigeria IP addresses are not accepted by some company but that wouldn't stop Nigerians at home from sending scam emails or committing romance scams or posting fake traveler's check.
Scam emails are handiwork of both Nigerians home and abroad but Nigerians scammers abroad are leading the race of romance scams because they are the ones that has access to most romance and dating sites with foregn IPs. Finally you are right about Nigerians posting fakes traveler's check but this do not attract international media attention unlike those caught in the act of doing it abroad.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by justwise(m): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2011
collinsfbi:

The kidnapping and bombing issue are socio-political problems which have its link to the Federal Government of Nigeria. Don't forget that as we have issue regarding kidnapping and bombing in Nigerian so also we have it in Asian and some part of Europe. Can you also tell me how many foreigners that have been kidnapped or shot dead in countries like Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Libya, Liberia, even in the United State. All these are happening because pple are fighting for their right and this is diff from pple who sit in one place abroad looking for one way or ther other to defraud another human being. Those involve in some of these things in Nigeria are realling suffering compare to those enjoy abroad.

We are talking about crimes that tarnish Nigerian image, bombing or kidnapping in Iraq, Libya or Pakistan got nothing to do with Nigeria, it wouldn't affect Nigeria's image, but bombing carried out by Boko Haram or MEND does tarnish Nigeria image around the world. Kidnapping of oil workers and other foreign visitors does tarnish Nigeria image.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by claremont(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2011
collinsfbi:

No doubt about that, as we hundreds of those involved in criminal activities so also we have thousands and millions Nigerians engaging in legitimate business but do you think Western Media have any reason why they are focusing on Nigeria? Why not Ghana or other black African countries? If you can't tell me then you are bias in your contribution.
I don't think you take your time to read the first post because if you do then you will know that am not saying that Nigerians abroad are the only ones bringing disgrace to Nigeria. At the same time, there may be no valid studies to evaluate this as you think but don't forget that observation is one of the valid methods used in evaluation with valid referencing[/b][/color]. Let me draw your attention to the fact that Nigerians abroad are at the front wall of attention than the home stay. A lot are actual happen here which Nigeria media do not want to expose but whatever happens to any Nigerians abroad will always attract international attention. Think about this….

Observation by who? You?! My point is you can't just make fallacious statements on the basis of your so-called "observation", which in this case I believe means watching your television with a pint of beer and crisps. What is scientific about that?!
Nigeria is the largest black nation on earth, 1 in 6 black persons are Nigerians. I don't have to be an arm chair observer or a rocket scientist to know that the probability of a black criminal being linked to Nigeria is higher than that of the probability of being linked to Ghana or other African countries. Surely, I don't need to "observe" the television and radio with a pint of beer and pack of crisps to know this apparent fact?! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by justwise(m): 10:10am On Jul 08, 2011
collinsfbi:

All these are happening because pple are fighting for their right [/b]and this is diff from pple who sit in one place abroad looking for one way or ther other to defraud another human being. Those involve in some of these things in Nigeria are realling suffering compare to those enjoy abroad.
It does not good and it's against God's will [b]but can be justified.

This section of ur post got me worried. collinsfbi tell me this: How can you in million yrs justify bombing innocent pple? How can you possibly give excuses for terrible crime such as killing of completely innocent Nigerians?

What right does Boko Haram or MEND has to kill me or other Nigerians to justify their political or religious views?

Give me half a reason why poverty could be used as an excuse to scam a foreigner.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2011
We are talking about crimes that tarnish Nigerian image, bombing or kidnapping in Iraq, Libya or Pakistan got nothing to do with Nigeria, it wouldn't affect Nigeria's image, but bombing carried out by Boko Haram or MEND does tarnish Nigeria image around the world. Kidnapping of oil workers and other foreign visitors does tarnish Nigeria image.
A socio-polictical problem will for ever remain a socio-political problems. It does tarnish the image of Nigeria as we do have it in Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Libya but how many nationals of these countries do you hear of their rampant involvement in criminal activities on a regularly basis across the world?

Observation by who? You?! My point is you can't just make fallacious statements on the basis of your so-called "observation", which in this case I believe means watching your television with a pint of beer and crisps. What is scientific about that?!
Nigeria is the largest black nation on earth, 1 in 6 black persons are Nigerians. I don't have to be an arm chair observer or a rocket scientist to know that the probability of a black criminal being linked to Nigeria is higher than that of the probability of being linked to Ghana or other African countries. Surely, I don't need to "observe" the television and radio with a pint of beer and pack of crisps to know this apparent fact?!
Your comment only show the limit of your knowledge (no offence pls) I ask you, is it every observation method used in research project that involve scientific hypothesis in arriving at the final result. Why are you shying away from the fact for crying out loud, this is simply experiential? Are Nigerians the only black national across the world? Are these pple mistakenly place arrest on Nigerians on a daily basis? Don't we have other black nationals in those in Uk, US, Asia and other places? Why the media continuous emphasis on Nigerians abroad? I can see you have no point other than defending Nigerians abroad.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by justwise(m): 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2011
collinsfbi:

A socio-polictical problem will for ever remain a socio-political problems. It does tarnish the image of Nigeria as we do have it in Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Libya but how many nationals of these countries do you hear of their rampant involvement in criminal activities on a regularly basis across the world?

Are you for really? If you want to know how many terrorist suspects arrested, jailled or deported from the UK then Google it and tell me their nationalities.

If you want to know how many Sham marriages, benefit cheats or Honor killings committed by Pakistans then read up. If you want to know more about drug dealings, fraud in large scales then read-around or pay a visit to some cities in North of England.

Libyans hardly travel, the same goes to Iranians and Iraq, even with the war in those countries, they hardly travel as much as Nigerians does,so the chances of you hearing about crimes committed by individuals from those countries is very remote, when they do travel, they are more likely to get state benefit and asylum status hence reducing the chances of them going into crime in order to survive.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by claremont(m): 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2011
collinsfbi:

Your comment only show the limit of your knowledge (no offence pls) I ask you, is it every observation method used in research project that involve scientific hypothesis in arriving at the final result. Why are you shying away from the fact for crying out loud, this is simply experiential? Are Nigerians the only black national across the world? Are these pple mistakenly place arrest on Nigerians on a daily basis? Don't we have other black nationals in those in Uk, US, Asia and other places? Why the media continuous emphasis on Nigerians abroad? I can see you have no point other than defending Nigerians abroad.

Experiental?! again by who? You did not answer the first question I posed about who conducted the "observation" which you used to draw your apparent conclusion that Nigerians abroad pollute our image more than home stay. Who has been doing the "observation", and what has the person been "observing" to draw that conclusion is a simple question to answer really, why dodge it?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by kollinsfbi: 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2011
This section of your post got me worried. collinsfbi tell me this: How can you in million yrs justify bombing innocent pple? How can you possibly give excuses for terrible crime such as killing of completely innocent Nigerians?

What right does Boko Haram or MEND has to kill me or other Nigerians to justify their political or religious views?

Give me half a reason why poverty could be used as an excuse to scam a foreigner.
The section that got you worried much is what i like much. If you are indeed a true Nigerian you will know that Federal Government of Nigeria has to be blamed for killing in the Niger-Delta and the Kidnapping issue. Google 1999 Odi massacre in Bayelsa state. November 20 1999 was recorded as a red-letter day for the oil-rich village of Odi when Federal Govt troop clear almost a whole village for agitating for their right. 90% the pple from most of these oil-producing states are suffering and there is nobody to fight for them and in that case they have to fight for themselves. I wonder if you even know anything about Nigeria History, have you forgotten what Federal Govt did to Ken Saro Wiwa on 10th November 1995? What the militants did in the Niger-Delta can it be compared to the killing and bombing carried out alone in Libya as a result of the stubborn Muammar Gaddafi alone? When you sit over there enjoy yourself, how would you know what some pple here are facing? For your information, blood has to be shed before Nigeria can be a better place. How will some from Europe or America come to enjoying what indigenous pple are suffering from? If you were in their shoe, would you prefer to die wretched and can you compare the agitation of this pple with those pollute nigeria abroad? Stop being defensive and hit the nail on the head.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by kollinsfbi: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2011
Experiental?! again by who? You did not answer the first question I posed about who conducted the "observation" which you used to draw your apparent conclusion that Nigerians abroad pollute our image more than home stay. Who has been doing the "observation", and what has the person been "observing" to draw that conclusion is a simple question to answer really, why dodge it?

I wonder if pple like you read my first post or understand the discussion here before dabbling into comments. I do not need to answer your question again because the answer you seek has already been given in my first post. The theories you studied in school were created and developed by human being like me. Listen and listen good, you can not used socio-political problems to measure a countries' level of involvement in criminal activities. Some of these killing are referred to as Homicide in the law court which has a broader explanation than ordinary murder. Stop being imprudent and face the truth. You are so funny to have talked about science in what is real, huh how would you want to use science to carry our investigation on this issue? I am a scholar and I am very proud of myself in what I do.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by claremont(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2011
kollinsfbi:

I wonder if pple like you read my first post or understand the discussion here before dabbling into comments. I do not need to answer your question again because the answer you seek has already been given in my first post. The theories you studied in school were created and developed by human being like me. Listen and listen good, you can not used socio-political problems to measure a countries' level of involvement in criminal activities. Some of these killing are referred to as Homicide in the law court which has a broader explanation than ordinary murder. Stop being imprudent and face the truth. You are so funny to have talked about science in what is real, huh how would you want to use science to carry our investigation on this issue? I am a scholar and I am very proud of myself in what I do.

I'm indeed delighted to talk to a fellow "scholar", but on this occasion my delight is carried with mixed feelings. Where on earth is an objective research performed by observation of events of public media? I do believe you are aware that the media you draw your observation from are heavily biased for for hydra-headed reasons, which may lead to you drawing a subjective conclusion that is not worth the paper it is printed on in the realm of it's peers.

I will agree whole-heartedly with you if you had posited that your post represents your own NON-scientific personal opinion on this issue, but I disagree when you use terms like "observation" and "experiental" to portray some form of a scientific rationale for your conclusions. It is obvious that you are simply speaking your mind in the same way an arm chair football critic would, but don't try to impute any form of scientific reasoning into it because your post lacks a single modicum of scientific research; therefore your conclusions can be said to be no more than just another "old wives fable" or at most, just another "tales by moonlight story"
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by justwise(m): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2011
kollinsfbi:
The section that got you worried much is what i like much. If you are indeed a true Nigerian you will know that Federal Government of Nigeria has to be blamed for killing in the Niger-Delta and the Kidnapping issue. Google 1999 Odi massacre in Bayelsa state. November 20 1999 was recorded as a red-letter day for the oil-rich village of Odi when Federal Govt troop clear almost a whole village for agitating for their right. 90% the pple from most of these oil-producing states are suffering and there is nobody to fight for them and in that case they have to fight for themselves. I wonder if you even know anything about Nigeria History, have you forgotten what Federal Govt did to Ken Saro Wiwa on 10th November 1995? What the militants did in the Niger-Delta can it be compared to the killing and bombing carried out alone in Libya as a result of the stubborn Muammar Gaddafi alone? When you sit over there enjoy yourself, how would you know what some pple here are facing? For your information, blood has to be shed before Nigeria can be a better place. How will some from Europe or America come to enjoying what indigenous pple are suffering from? If you were in their shoe, would you prefer to die wretched and can you compare the agitation of this pple with those pollute nigeria abroad? Stop being defensive and hit the nail on the head. Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
I probably know more about 1999 Odi incident than the one-sided propaganda you just wrote, yes many villagers were killed that was because some police officers were killed by some Villagers which prompted the sad incident, now, i will never justify any killing unlike you that sees killing as a way of fighting for 'right'. In Oct 1st last yr, MEND bombed Independent day celebration killing 12 innocent Nigerians, no police, military or   politician were killed, to you that is accepted cos MEND are fighting for their 'right'?

Do you think that Nigerians working in places like Libya or other oil producing countries should be killed by the citizens cos their govt are not looking after them? How many villagers have MEND help with the money they made from kidnapping and illegal oil deals? What 'right' is Boko Haram fighting for?

When some old-fashioned, hot-air blowers like you talk about blood shedding i laugh because if you are called to give ur blood in a way of fighting for 'right' you will take the next available flight to Ghana.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
@Justwise and Claremont, sincere i love this argument and i wish i could be on the system all day replying you guys but right now am on my phone and i can't quote you as i want, I promise to reply you guys when am back on my system later tonight. Thanks mennnnnnnnnnnnnn

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2011
@Justwise and Claremont, sincerely i love this argument and i wish i could be on the system all day replying you guys but right now am on my phone and i can't quote you as i want, I promise to reply you guys when am back on my system later tonight. Thanks mennnnnnnnnnnnnn

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2011
I'm indeed delighted to talk to a fellow "scholar", but on this occasion my delight is carried with mixed feelings. Where on earth is an objective research performed by observation of events of public media? I do believe you are aware that the media you draw your observation from are heavily biased for for hydra-headed reasons, which may lead to you drawing a subjective conclusion that is not worth the paper it is printed on in the realm of it's peers.
To view this assumption with your so called[b] "mixed feelings" [/b] simply means you are very sentimental and probably don’t understand what a research methodologies are. Yes, I will categorically tell you that there is no how you can conduct a research with clear objectivity without sampling the opinion of the pple which will likely be part of your research questions. If you are given a research project like this, don't disappoint me that you will take it to a laboratory to test before you arrive at the end result. So why are you on earth talking about Empiricism (science) in a kind of research like you? So if you are given a research question of this nature, what type of research methodology would you employ to carry out your search work? Am afraid you don’t even know the diff type of research methodologies use in a research work. Take note Observational research including case studies, ethnographic studies, ethological studies, etc. The primary characteristic of each of these types of studies is that phenomena are being observed and recorded.

I will agree whole-heartedly with you if you had posited that your post represents your own [s]NON-scientific personal opinion on this issue[/s], but I disagree when you use terms like "observation" and "experiental" to portray some form of a scientific rationale for your conclusions. It is obvious that you are simply speaking your mind in the same way an arm chair football critic would, but don't try to impute any form of [s]scientific reasoning into it because your post lacks a single modicum of scientific research[/s]; therefore your conclusions can be said to be no more than just another "old wives fable" or at most, just another "tales by moonlight story"
I guess you must be a science student and that is why all your life is all about science. Definately you have no idea the diff type of research methodologies. Your case is closed.

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by collinsfbi(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2011
I probably know more about 1999 Odi incident than the one-sided propaganda you just wrote, yes many villagers were killed that was because some police officers were killed by some Villagers which prompted the sad incident, now, i will never justify any killing unlike you that sees killing as a way of fighting for 'right'. In Oct 1st last yr, MEND bombed Independent day celebration killing 12 innocent Nigerians, no police, military or politician were killed, to you that is accepted cos MEND are fighting for their 'right'?
I guess you don't even know anything about the suffering of Nigerians at all because if you know you will not be arguing in such a blind manner. I only pointed out 1999 Odi massacre and you don't expect me to list from A-Z about all the incidences in Nigeria. What proof did you get that MEND was actually behind the bombing of independent day celebration? On sunday 10th July 2011, a church was bombed in suleja in Abuja, so tell me is MEND also behind this? Sometimes, I pity runaway Londoner like you because you can never see anything good about your country. Whatever the case maybe, my argument still remains that Nigerians abroad destroy the image of this country than the home stay.

Do you think that Nigerians working in places like Libya or other oil producing countries should be killed by the citizens cos their govt are not looking after them? How many villagers have MEND help with the money they made from kidnapping and illegal oil deals? What 'right' is Boko Haram fighting for?

Because those pple are not suffering like many villagers in the Niger-Delta and some part of oil producing state. If Nigeria Government make provision for the suffering masses am sure there won't be killing nor kidnapping. If somebody like Ken Saro Wiwa is your brother or any dying relics from Niger-Delta is from your family, am sure you will not talk like this. Talking about Boko-Haram, i am sure you don't know anything about the root fight and their agitation. For your information Boko-Haram has its link to Al-Qaeda, those claiming to be Boko-Haram in Nigeria are illiterate set of pple who don't know anything but are being used by Al-Qaeda. I don't have to say most of these things here but for pple like you who barely know nothing than to defend your race abroad, go and ready very well then you will know that bombing in Nigeria is political and combating. This is diff from pple abroad who pollute Nigeria name with all sorts of criminal activities. Let me ask you this one question; is kidnapping or boko-haram why Nigerians go thru hell to obtain visas across embassies in the world? or is that why Nigerians are ill-treated abroad?

When some old-fashioned, hot-air blowers like you talk about blood shedding i laugh because if you are called to give your blood in a way of fighting for 'right' you will take the next available flight to Ghana
Not everybody like you will run away in the name of schooling or doing business and never think of coming back home. That place you are enjoying today, some pple fight and shed their blood to make it a better place. Even in the bible, Israelite have to fight their way to justice safety led by great men of God such as Joshua and Gideon as intructed by God and God himself knew that blood has to be shed and innocent pple has to suffer to, so what are u telling me. You only have bain to argue but no proof to back up your argument.

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by otiigba1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2011
Re: Nigerians Abroad Pollute “nigeria” More Than Home Stay. by Kx: 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2011
iice:

Mango tree will always bear mango unless propagated abi na genetically engineered.

Exactly
A mango tree can never ever produce apple fruit.
naija in ajegunle or california, its d same green blood.

(1) (Reply)

Visa Requirement To Cyprus / Ghana Weaving Wigs With Lace Closure / Oshodi Lagos To Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.