Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? (1032 Views)

Techno Music / White Girls On Naija Music Videos;do U Hate Or Like It? / What Do You Feel About Techno Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by chichimma(f): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2007
I was just wondering if there are any Nairaland users that know or like : Techno, Minimal or Electro house music?

If so can you tell me something about your experience with these genre of music.

I am really curious about this outcome grin.
Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by odada(m): 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2007
Em' said it all dude-----"nobody listens to techno" *only MOBY dicks*
Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by kellorah: 1:27am On Aug 07, 2007
I'm not a fan but i do listen to a wee bit of techno. It's not exactly the best genre though, lol
Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by PTBNaija(f): 2:35am On Aug 07, 2007
I listen to some. . .I like Sophie Ellis Bextor, she's really good. Basement Jaxx as well as some hot tracks. I know I have others. . .but I can't remember who wrote them per say lipsrsealed lol. I think it's a good genre of music, good for dance stuff definitely. I first was introduced maybe 5 years ago when Sophie Ellis Bextor came out with "Murder on the Dancefloor." Been hooked on her ever since. . .and expanded to some others in my really short techno phase lol.
Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by kellorah: 2:43am On Aug 07, 2007
Now THAT's one talented woman. kiss
Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by chichimma(f): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2007
shocked I am surprised that I even got a reply cheesy
I guess people back home do not listen or know techno, minimal or electro house music.

I like Sophie Ellis Bextor but I do not really put her in the category of Techno, Minimal and/or Electro music.
Her genre is more Dance. In addition, Basement Jaxx has some tracks that can relate to these genre.

What do you think about the Chemical Brothers? This is not really techno or minimal but more of Breakbeats.
I like those guys tunes.
Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by chichimma(f): 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2007
Oh come on guys/girls, was that it?? undecided

No more of you listen or know about the House scene or music

Hmmmmm, so far it seems that those back home do not have a clue of what I am talking about.

Ok, what about this group "Everything about the girl" "Missing you"

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by romeo(m): 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2007
i like dance music but i don't know the difference between techno and dance music, Chichimma i hope you can clear me on that!! grin grin
Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by walteve(m): 1:38pm On Oct 06, 2007
nobody listen technoooooooooooooooooooo.(without me)
it all self-service with moby
Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by chichimma(f): 1:05am On Oct 17, 2007
I am not an expert but I think that they are actually the same only different subgenres.
But they all fall in the category of Dance music, a little more specific you can call it House music.
It can even have elements of African beats and rhythms.

Well, I guess it is not a thing for Nigerians. Naija might never be ready for electronics music.
I know a few Nigerians that like it however the majority are white people that are into it.
Funny to say many black people as producers and/or djs are in these scene that are making it big time in the Europe and the US with the dance music.
Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by Shollysholz: 6:00am On Oct 09, 2015
Deep tech and minimal house is king! Old school house too from the 80s Chicago and Detroit in the US.
Re: Do You Know Or Like Electro, Minimal Or Techno Music? by Shollysholz: 6:02am On Oct 09, 2015
Spent enough time listening to sets my European underground djs.high on Molly dancing away the night.it is heaven but nigeria is not ready for it

(1) (Reply)

Kel On Mtv Base/zain Advanced Warning! / New Kelly Hansome Single-shake(today Na Today) Official Leak. / Da Grin’s Post Mortem Album Is Titled “d Invisible Bullet Proof”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.