Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 (37974 Views)

Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market / The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market / Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by ArewaNorth: 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
Currency exchange market
� Kano, 1964

Evident from the picture is the wide usage of the coin currency denominations

The business used to be dominated by older individuals, from the universal Hausa cultural belief pattern that older age is related to a higher level of trust.

https://twitter.com/KanoChronicle/status/1515251877205749761?t=VVgK99P51oMH3lp2AYUnyg&s=19

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by DispatcherLagos: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
grin
So this is the root of all those mallams that will almost want to drag you by your shirt anytime you pass along Allen junction?

Their complexion though..... very befitting to their beards

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by insidelife22(m): 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
My grandfather was among them in those days.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Baileydice: 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2022
This is beautiful.

Look how organized and coordinated they are.

They're freely sitting comfortably with zero worries and satisfied with the day trade.

Never been to the north but I just like my Hausa brothers.

Cool-cats who are being mistaken for troublesome Nigeriens, Chadians, Malians e.t.c.

222 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Nova1988(m): 6:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
Baileydice:
This is beautiful.

They're freely sitting comfortably with zero worries and satisfied with the day trade.

Cool-cats who are being mistaken for troublesome Nigeriens, Chadians, Malians e.t.c.

may you be blessed.

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by soundOsonic: 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
I love the culture, aged individual means trust. Why? They have a name to preserve, then people were cautious about what they will be known for after death.
Respect was given to a trustworthy and a honest man. Now respect is given to men with money. No one cares about how you make the money. Even if you ask them the source of the wealth, they will tell you, why you didn't investigate the source of their poverty then.
But now, things are different, no one place value on trust again. That's why politicians are respected.
Shame on this generation. We place value on the superficial, what we see outside

121 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by KingMack(m): 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by ignis: 12:44am On Apr 18, 2022
That is the present day Wapa market.

7 Likes

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by falcon01: 4:35am On Apr 18, 2022
Some or most of them went ahead to become bug names un Kano. Till today their bloodline is wealthy.

30 Likes

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by BarrElChapo(m): 7:56am On Apr 18, 2022
Good olé days cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by WibusJaga: 7:56am On Apr 18, 2022

Later, Naira was stronger than Dollar;
$1 = 75kobo

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 18, 2022
Deep history

4 Likes

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by money121(m): 7:56am On Apr 18, 2022
Seen
Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by talk2maurice(m): 7:57am On Apr 18, 2022
B4 B4 aza men

10 Likes

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 18, 2022
Hausa get bureau De change biz

9 Likes

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by iamyemiakins(m): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2022
Saner days

3 Likes

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 18, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
grin
So this is the root of all those mallams that will almost want to drag you by your shirt anytime you pass along Allen junction?

Their complexion though..... very befitting to their beards

In PH, it's rumuola junction or presidential hotel..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Dshocker(m): 7:59am On Apr 18, 2022
The northerns have always allotted everything to themselves,as if they are the sole owners of Nigeria,even when this bastard that has finished the economy of Nigeria came into power,he withdrew or didn't renew the license of other tribes in the bureau de change business....Presently,only banks and Fulani tribes are the ones running the business.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Slynation(m): 7:59am On Apr 18, 2022
One question I want to even ask the Muslims especially...The way the usually sits on the floor like this for hours, abeg Muscle pull no dey hold una...?? I can't go 10minx like this...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by adioolayi(m): 7:59am On Apr 18, 2022
One of the very key sector of Nigeria's economy that various CBN Governors have looked away to regularise...this sector has remained pain in the neck of CBN Governors, especially the current Governor, his policies summersaults since 2015...he just didn't know how to get it right with this market.

It will be unfair not to admit that Bureau De change unregularised activities in Nigeria is part of the woes responsible for Naira free fall.

sad sad

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by kyseetad: 7:59am On Apr 18, 2022
Wow
Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by maxist2020(m): 8:00am On Apr 18, 2022
Does old age also mean trust for Gandollar no I mean Ganduje the babariga dollar thief.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Saao(m): 8:00am On Apr 18, 2022
Baileydice:
This is beautiful.

try travel to the North if you return safely then it means your family already paid the ransom placed on you.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Omicron007: 8:01am On Apr 18, 2022
shocked

Beautiful.
Most of these men and their sons grew to be wealthy merchants.

The likes of Dantata, Dangote, Abdulsamad etc.

Hausa's are generally lovely people.

The foolanis from Futa Jalon came and made the North a mess of itself.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by SensualMan1(m): 8:02am On Apr 18, 2022
Mgbe elu wu ala Osaa!

This waz when Nigeria was sane before the likes of Bola Tinubu delved into Nigerian politics and corrupted the whole spheres of Nigerian life.

History never forgets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by simpleseyi: 8:04am On Apr 18, 2022
Baileydice:
This is beautiful.

Until when they visit you and leave behind sorrow, tears and blood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by 4tomandchi: 8:05am On Apr 18, 2022
Oga after this your post if you die poor na that one go pain me pass!!!

soundOsonic
post=112038104:

I love the culture, aged individual means trust. Why? They have a name to preserve, then people were cautious about what they will be known for after death.
Respect was given to a trustworthy and a honest man. Now respect is given to men with money. No one cares about how you make the money. Even if you ask them the source of the wealth, they will tell you, why you didn't investigate the source of their poverty then.
But now, things are different, no one place value on trust again. That's why politicians are respected.
Shame on this generation. We place value on the superficial, what we see outside
Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Jibabs2(m): 8:05am On Apr 18, 2022
May Allah bring ever lasting Peace to our Dear North and Nigeria �� in General…��
(Amin Amin Ya Allah)

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 by Goodoldays(m): 8:06am On Apr 18, 2022
[quote author=Baileydice post=112030288]This is beautiful.

Cool-cats who are being mistaken for troublesome Nigeriens, Chadians, Malians e.t.c. [/quote

I am Igbo,a trader at main market.I have never stayed in any hausa region for more than 36 hours but I can confidently tell you that a typical Hausa man is one of the most honest,sincere being you can deal with.Not to say my brothers are not honest, we have the honest ones but Hausas,my brother they are good.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Terry Waya At Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Pictures & Video) / CHYMALL: The New Retail Business of making $120 daily from home / See What Grand Mufti Of Zimbabwe, Mufti Menk Says After Meeting Aliko Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.