Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,050 members, 7,849,248 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:08 PM

Ponzi ( A Great Killer Of Joy) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ponzi ( A Great Killer Of Joy) (146 Views)

Lady Shed Tears Of Joy As Man Buys All Her Goods & Gifts Her Christmas Hamper / EFCC Recovers N1bn From Ponzi Scheme Suspects In Rivers / Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ponzi ( A Great Killer Of Joy) by Richard2456(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
A regrettable journey of my life where I thought I could achieve my dreams through Ponzi schemes

All road leads back to 2020

I was a lonely boy who hardly experience and enjoy what people called family love. My family love journey was cut short when I lost my loving, caring dad in 2010.
So ever since then, life has turned into a lonely world for me

Fast forward to University days, no allowance from anyone, no hostel fees, no feeding allowance no pocket money so basically I have to survive all by myself.

I remember what my uncle does say back then when I go home for holiday.

Whenever he was been asked about how am surviving at the University, he normally says this,

‘’Richard is a man and he will survive’’

And truly I do survive my University days cause now am a Graduate. �

But that is not where am going.

Ponzi scheme was the major order of the day back then in my University days. Everyone closer to me back then engaged in it so much that if you didn't take part it will be as if you are not ready to make money and make it in life.

Oh, so sorry I never mention to you that during my days at university I was a jack of all trades. I was into the laundry business mainly for my lectures, photography �, Product Vendors, and so on. So basically that's how I made a living throughout my university days.

Back to Ponzi, so on this faithful day, I decided to give Ponzi a trial and see how things work out.

Should in case you don't know what a Ponzi scheme is

It's a business of putting your money into something without you having to work for a profit but your profit can be X10

So we have a whole lot of it back then and even up till now so I won't mention names.

So like I said I decided to give it a trial and everything was moving on well and good for at least the first 3 months and you know what ��

I was already calculating how much I will be making in a year that I was so blind to the extent that whatever I make from the little business I was doing back then I will put everything into it cause the higher the money the higher the ROI �.

So I was enjoying it so well that whenever I see my friends set up their rooms and buy Gadgets I will just be laughing at them and say to myself that I can buy everything they own with just a month's cash out. I was already hitting 6 figures at that time.

To cut the long story short, on a faithful day I was already thinking of how I can get part of my money out and set up my laundry business a proper way and get a camera and all.

Then I received a text message on my phone saying that the site was having some technical issues.

That withdrawal is pending for a while. At that point, I was already feeling unwell cause it was at that instance reality hit me and I was like

Wait, why do I keep rolling the money all this while and didn't take out of it.

To be honest� Ponzi sweet cause it is a free money

Kasala burst and they cancel all ROI payments and said they will refund the actual capital.

The funniest thing about Ponzi is that you won't be alone in the mess cause you would have to involve everyone that trusted you in it.

I lost everything cause, later on, they didn't pay a dime back. I was back to square one.

I lost my reputation and trust
I lost my positioning
I lost my authority

Above all

I lost myself �

So as a business owner or if you are ever thinking of going into business,

then,

Ponzi scheme is a Great Joy killer you would always want to avoid and stay away from cause you will lose everything you can ever use to gain your audience to like,
trust, and
know you ✍️

PS: if you find this helpful
Kindly connect with me (09060397907)

1 Like

Re: Ponzi ( A Great Killer Of Joy) by DaddyFabooluz(m): 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
Greed is worse than ponzi. When you hear that you invest your money and make a profit of 100% or more without doing anything and you jump for it then that's GREED
Ponzi comes in different forms but only the greedy always fall for it.

It is just like what yahoo boys do (not yahoo plus that do rituals). I see a lot of different formats they send to my email. Reading the formats alone plus most of them with scattered grammer, I wonder how a reasonable person will believe such stories. But guess what, so many people still fall for it because of greed.

When one learns not to be greedy, then such person can hardly or never fall for such things as ponzi. I guess you learnt the hard way not to be greedy anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Ponzi ( A Great Killer Of Joy) by McStoic(m): 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2022
Richard2456:
A regrettable journey of my life where I thought I could achieve my dreams through Ponzi schemes

All road leads back to 2020

I was a lonely boy who hardly experience and enjoy what people called family love. My family love journey was cut short when I lost my loving, caring dad in 2010.
So ever since then, life has turned into a lonely world for me

Fast forward to University days, no allowance from anyone, no hostel fees, no feeding allowance no pocket money so basically I have to survive all by myself.

I remember what my uncle does say back then when I go home for holiday.

Whenever he was been asked about how am surviving at the University, he normally says this,

‘’Richard is a man and he will survive’’

And truly I do survive my University days cause now am a Graduate. �

But that is not where am going.

Ponzi scheme was the major order of the day back then in my University days. Everyone closer to me back then engaged in it so much that if you didn't take part it will be as if you are not ready to make money and make it in life.

Oh, so sorry I never mention to you that during my days at university I was a jack of all trades. I was into the laundry business mainly for my lectures, photography �, Product Vendors, and so on. So basically that's how I made a living throughout my university days.

Back to Ponzi, so on this faithful day, I decided to give Ponzi a trial and see how things work out.

Should in case you don't know what a Ponzi scheme is

It's a business of putting your money into something without you having to work for a profit but your profit can be X10

So we have a whole lot of it back then and even up till now so I won't mention names.

So like I said I decided to give it a trial and everything was moving on well and good for at least the first 3 months and you know what ��

I was already calculating how much I will be making in a year that I was so blind to the extent that whatever I make from the little business I was doing back then I will put everything into it cause the higher the money the higher the ROI �.

So I was enjoying it so well that whenever I see my friends set up their rooms and buy Gadgets I will just be laughing at them and say to myself that I can buy everything they own with just a month's cash out. I was already hitting 6 figures at that time.

To cut the long story short, on a faithful day I was already thinking of how I can get part of my money out and set up my laundry business a proper way and get a camera and all.

Then I received a text message on my phone saying that the site was having some technical issues.

That withdrawal is pending for a while. At that point, I was already feeling unwell cause it was at that instance reality hit me and I was like

Wait, why do I keep rolling the money all this while and didn't take out of it.

To be honest� Ponzi sweet cause it is a free money

Kasala burst and they cancel all ROI payments and said they will refund the actual capital.

The funniest thing about Ponzi is that you won't be alone in the mess cause you would have to involve everyone that trusted you in it.

I lost everything cause, later on, they didn't pay a dime back. I was back to square one.

I lost my reputation and trust
I lost my positioning
I lost my authority

Above all

I lost myself �

So as a business owner or if you are ever thinking of going into business,

then,

Ponzi scheme is a Great Joy killer you would always want to avoid and stay away from cause you will lose everything you can ever use to gain your audience to like,
trust, and
know you ✍️

PS: if you find this helpful
Kindly connect with me (09060397907)

Seems you are talking about FX Farms. Right? grin

(1) (Reply)

Improve Your Life By Being Benevolent... Here's Why?? / As Easter Celebrations Wind Up: Chicken, A Luxury, Say Consumers / Very Nice Domain Name For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.