Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,370 members, 7,861,017 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:06 PM

Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? (2096 Views)

34-yr-old Mother Who Died During Childbirth Along With Baby Set For Final Burial / Lady Calls Her Mother Who Abandoned Her For 30 Years, Her Reaction Heartbreaking / Guy Shares Photos Of His Mother Who Looks More Like His Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by talk2hb1(m): 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And is it also OK then that the wife's parents also have the same "great and limited" influence on her marital home as well?, undecided
If the girl owns the house
Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
talk2hb1:

If the girl owns the house
Now you add conditions for where a parent can assert there "great and limited" rights over their child? Anyways, I see you don't even have your bearings right as far as your claims go. undecided

1 Like

Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by ShaqFu: 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ishilove:
Mama should stay in her house to avoid controversy, and when she visits, she should not stay too long.
But this shouldn't amount to chasing her out of her son's house and depriving her of seeing her grandkids.

In one of the WhatsApp group I belong to, I wished all the mothers who don't chase their mother in law out of their house happy mother's day. Men you need to see the way the women there came at me. Chai!.

They feel so comfortable chasing their mother in laws out of their house, they forget with time, they too will become someone's mother in law...
Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2022
ShaqFu:
But this shouldn't amount to chasing her out of her son's house and depriving her of seeing her grandkids.

In one of the WhatsApp group I belong to, I wished all the mothers who don't chase their mother in law out of their house happy mother's day. Men you need to see the way the women there came at me. Chai!.

They feel so comfortable chasing their mother in laws out of their house, they forget with time, they too will become someone's mother in law...
A mother-in-law is a visitor at her son's/daughter married home, and like other visitors shouldn't overstay her welcome. undecided

1 Like

Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by baby124: 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
Your mother does not have her own husband’s house? Or if single her own house? Maybe you should focus on getting accommodation for your mother before getting married. undecided
Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by talk2hb1(m): 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Now you add conditions for where a parent can assert there "great and limited" rights over their child? Anyways, I see you don't even have your bearings right as far as your claims go. undecided
I didn't, left over to you to make your conclusion. Ahbi you want me to tell you she owns the house.
This is simple in a case of divorce or death of a partner, who owns what?
Parents won't stop being parent but husband and wife stop being husband and wife.
Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by Ishilove: 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
ShaqFu:

I won't chase my MIL, as long as she doesn't constitute nuisance in my home. That means respecting boundaries and not pokenosing into my family affairs. My own mum is not a nuisance and respects herself a lot, so what my mum won't do, I don't expect my MIL to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by bukatyne(f): 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2022
Acidosis:

Man! Give this man a doctorate degree already.

As in!

The OP is so on point! Dropping nuggets everywhere!

kiss kiss kiss

Just change 'His house' to their 'matrimonial/marital home'

The husband & wife form the home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by bukatyne(f): 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2022
LadyRosa:
Your wife has more rights,which means to a degree your mother's input will be needed sometimes.Again,as a man you don't share all your secrets with your wife,there are some that requires ONLY your mother's discretion.
Some MIL can be troublesome no doubts and husbands need to draw the lines in other to maintain sanity in the home.
But there a ways one can try deal with such women,again some mother In laws can be die hard Antagonists.

My grandma is one of such grin grin
But my mom at a point decided to fight back,by coming really close to her even when she doesn't approve.After a point she loosened up,as I speak she is now retired in my parents house as she prefers staying with my mom that the home of other in laws.

@bold:

Na wa.
Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by LadyRosa(f): 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
bukatyne:

@bold:

Na wa.

Na true o.Some women no sabi keep secret.
Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by bukatyne(f): 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
LadyRosa:

Na true o.Some women no sabi keep secret.

But the mother is also a woman? undecided
Re: Between A Man's Wife And His Mother, Who Has More Authority In His House? by LadyRosa(f): 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
bukatyne:

But the mother is also a woman? undecided

Ofcourse she is,don't forget she is HIS mother too undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Uncle Is Manipulating My Father Spiritually / off / Help Me Wish My Daughter HBD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.