Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? (1269 Views)

How To Dicipline Ur Wife In Marriage Without Beating Her. / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / How Do You Punish Your Wife Without Beating Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by siofra(f): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2022
Please how do I do it?

I don't want to hit the child but I want the child to understand that what he is doing is very bad.

Do nine year olds appreciate dialogue?

Would the child change as he grows older?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by siofra(f): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2022
I don't want to use religion or hell either.
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by baby124: 11:36am On Apr 20, 2022
Yes. 9yr olds appreciate dialogue. You need to let them know actions have consequences and you need to help them understand the consequences of stealing and what could happen to them when they steal. Not all children learn by beating. Some of them become more hardened while some stop. Some do better with a nice discussion. You have to identify what kind of child he/she is to know the best approach for them. You know your child best.
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by siofra(f): 11:39am On Apr 20, 2022
baby124:
Yes. 9yr olds appreciate dialogue. You need to let them know actions have consequences and you need to help them understand the consequences of stealing and what could happen to them when they steal. Not all children learn by beating. Some of them become more hardened while some stop. Some do better with a nice discussion. You have to identify what kind of child he/she is to know the best approach for them. You know your child best.

Okay. Beating doesn't work on the child.
His parents beat him but it's not working. We'll try dialogue.
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by baby124: 11:41am On Apr 20, 2022
siofra:

Okay. Beating doesn't work on the child.
His parents beat him but it's not working. We'll try dialogue.
Ok. Goodluck. Also, please teach him by example. You cannot be telling him one thing then, when you think he’s not listening or watching do another thing. Kids learn a lot from our actions and inactions and they know more than we think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 20, 2022
siofra:
Please how do I do it?

I don't want to hit the child but I want the child to understand that what he is doing is very bad.

Like I said in another post you're still a kid...you better flog him with cane..is it when he is now an adult someone wants to start beating him?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by vastolord4(m): 11:42am On Apr 20, 2022
Why won't beating be involved? Even call he's mates and senior uncles to torture him.. when ever he sees what to steal, he'll have a flash back

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Candidlady: 11:44am On Apr 20, 2022
A male child ?

Sister don't waste your Time!!
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 20, 2022
Candidlady:
A male child ?

When you have a son...I hope you'll see him as an evil monster too..because idk why you're such a misandrist....did your father rape you??

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by vastolord4(m): 11:48am On Apr 20, 2022
sollolucci77:

Like I said in another post you're still a kid...you better flog him with cane..is it when he is now an adult someone wants to start beating him?

She's just investing in a brutal bully.. that upcoming terrorist will initiate every kid around into a gang..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 20, 2022
Candidlady:
A male child ?

Ok I understand from your profile pic you're a lesbian...that's cool

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Acidosis(m): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2022
You don't want to use beating or religion?? So what do you want to use? Is lying a crime? What if he lies for a "good" reason? Buhari lied about his education and he's today a president. Leave the boy to lie in peace. It's no crime.
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Candidlady: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2022
sollolucci77:

When you have a son...I hope you'll see him as an evil monster too..because idk why you're such a misandrist.... did your father rape you??

@bolded
Will my answer make you stay outta my mention undecided
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 20, 2022
Candidlady:

@bolded
Will my answer make you stay outta my mention undecided

I wont even mention you again because If I do I will always have to reduce my IQ for someone that only has cobwebs in her head...but like I said I already understand your case

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Candidlady: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2022
sollolucci77:

I wont even mention you again because If I do I will always have to reduce my IQ for someone that only has cobwebs in her head...but like I said I already understand your case

Typical

Insults and abuse

Do have a lovely day Mr
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by SmileDance(f): 12:41pm On Apr 20, 2022
Dialogue won't work, take away everything he likes from him( not food), if possible take him to the police station to see the way criminals are being treated, take him to the prison to see what becomes of thieves, then buy koboko at home, soak in blended pepper and flog him naked, then repeat the process each time he lies or steals, if this don't work then nothing else will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Richy4(m): 12:55pm On Apr 20, 2022
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Kobojunkie: 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2022
siofra:
Please how do I do it?
Even 3-year-Old appreciate dialogue. They learn best when you communicate allowing them to ask you whatever questions they may have as well. He needs to have clear understanding of why the behavior is wrong and unacceptable. undecided

He won't automagically change. You have to work with him to resolving the issue. undecided

Read up on kleptomania and how to help children deal with the problem. undecided

Also see https://www.aacap.org/AACAP/Families_and_Youth/Facts_for_Families/FFF-Guide/Children-Who-Steal-012.aspx#:~:text=tell%20the%20child%20that%20stealing,thief%20or%20a%20bad%20person

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2022
Tell him everything you type about men on here undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by frozen70(f): 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2022
siofra:
Please how do I do it?

Constant counselling

Get him or her a gift

Promise the child some things any time he tells you the truth

Be friendly and keep things that he will steal in his custody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by NoToPile: 5:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
Acidosis:

You don't want to use beating or religion?? So what do you want to use? Is lying a crime? What if he lies for a "good" reason? Buhari lied about his education and he's today a president. Leave the boy to lie in peace. It's no crime.

Haba grin

If you lie you will steal oo, at least that's what our parents told us. It's good for one to tell the truth, honesty is one of the virtues that should be instilled in children nau.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
frozen70:

Constant counselling

Get him or her a gift

Promise the child some things any time he tells you the truth

Be friendly and keep things that he will steal in his custody

Get him a gift?...I hope when you have kids they wont turn out to be what I'm thinking

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by siofra(f): 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2022
sollolucci77:

I will not beat him like a goat. Go and beat your own children like that.
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by rickleye: 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2022
SmileDance:
Dialogue won't work, take away everything he likes from him( not food), if possible take him to the police station to see the way criminals are being treated, take him to the prison to see what becomes of thieves, then buy koboko at home, soak in blended pepper and flog him naked, then repeat the process each time he lies or steals, if this don't work then nothing else will.

You have to use all the tools available.
Dialogue - Constant and daily assurances that stealing is bad, show him videos of what happens to those that steal .
Spanking - I am spanking you because x, y z.
Change location - Could it be peer pressure , change friends and if possible location.

If you fail to do so now, society is more cruel teacher and it will end up very very bad for the child.
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by frozen70(f): 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2022
sollolucci77:

Get him a gift?...I hope when you have kids they wont turn out to be what I'm thinking

That's nit an issue

Buying biscuits when coming back from an outing or work is not a crime

When he does well at school, you buy him ice cream because of a good report card is not a crime

Children need to be motivated and gift is one of them

Taking children for an out is part of it

Unless you are thinking other wise
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by SmileDance(f): 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
rickleye:

You have to use all the tools available.
Dialogue - Constant and daily assurances that stealing is bad, show him videos of what happens to those that steal .
Spanking - I am spanking you because x, y z.
Change location - Could it be peer pressure , change friends and if possible location.

If you fail to do so now, society is more cruel teacher and it will end up very very bad for the child.

true, it could be peer pressure from school, environment etc

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Acidosis(m): 7:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
NoToPile:

Haba grin

If you lie you will steal oo, at least that's what our parents told us. It's good for one to tell the truth, honesty is one of the virtues that should be instilled in children nau.
cheesy cheesy

I know right
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2022
siofra:
Please how do I do it?

If he loves food a lot limit the food he eats,when he lies don't give him food for that day and explain the reason why...limit the way he plays and try to make him active in sunday schools,download films about stealing and lying and it's repercursion online make him watch them...instead of beating try punishments for an hour or two each time he lies or steal then tell him to go and lay down and sleep without food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
frozen70:

That's nit an issue

Buying biscuits when coming back from an outing or work is not a crime

When he does well at school, you buy him ice cream because of a good report card is not a crime

Children need to be motivated and gift is one of them

Taking children for an out is part of it

Unless you are thinking other wise

So if you find out that your child stole something from you...you'll buy him a a gift for that abi?...did you read what I wrote at all?

How do you buy a gift for a child that has done something wrong abi are you on tramadol?
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by SensualMan: 8:31pm On Apr 20, 2022
Just don't rape that boy. Nonsense!!!
Re: How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating? by frozen70(f): 8:35pm On Apr 20, 2022
sollolucci77:

So if you find out that your child stole something from you...you'll buy him a a gift for that abi?...did you read what I wrote at all?

How do you buy a gift for a child that has done something wrong abi are you on tramadol?

I think you are poor in reading and comprehending

Am done with you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clearance Sales / How Will You Feel If Your Girlfriend Takes A Bath With Her Brother / “my Wife Is Not A Better Person: Nigeria Man Cries Out After Raising Bed At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.