Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment (6406 Views)

How Long Does NYSC Online Redeployment Take / Please I Need Your Advice On NYSC Redeployment/relocation / Credentials For Redeployment In Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by cold(m): 3:24am On Jul 08, 2011
NYSC rejects corps members’ request for reposting

Requests of scores of members of the National Youth Service Corps scheme, who wanted their deployment to Borno changed, were turned down by the national secretariat of the scheme yesterday in Abuja.

Most of the youth corps members came from the southern part of the country to seek redeployment to other states they considered safe.

The gates of the secretariat were locked, while an officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that the national headquarters had stopped granting concessionary posting.

The source stated that postings would now be handled by state coordinators.

In a statement which expatiated on the posting, the NYSC said “in the wake of the recent post-election disturbances, the Director-General waived all due process to expedite action on relocation requests’’.

This line of action appeared to have encouraged other youth corps members from all the 36 States and the FCT to daily flood the D-G’s office seeking relocation for flimsy of reasons, the statement noted.

NYSC members wishing to be redeployed from Borno, Jigawa, Taraba, Imo and Bauchi states were attended to on Monday.

However, any corps member who declines to report at the posting state before midnight on Thursday will have to repeat his or her service year, according to the statement. (NAN)

[url]http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22602:nysc-rejects-corps-members-request-for-reposting&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
[/url]
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by femmy2010(m): 4:38am On Jul 08, 2011
Why would they post corpers to Borno and other wahala state sef.
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by anointedf(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2011
If the NYSC directors are not dumb and daft why the posting in the first place knowing the grave situation of the boko haram enclave. Have they been proactive there would not have been need for all these rigor of redeployment.
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by executinal(m): 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2011
All coppers should serve in their state of origin simple. Why should they post them in those states knowing fully well that it is not safe for them? all NYSC should embark on revolution to enable government hear them out. NYSC DG is a lunatic
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by erayo2GCA(m): 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2011
The NYSC DG is a coward and a bloody boko haram muslim (Brig-Gen. Maharazu I. Tsiga) from the north, God punish u
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by YEM101: 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2011
i have made up my mind that i wont serve if redeployment is not possible,so am back to lagos.am going to set up my own business.i cant loose my life because of anybody or anything.to me nysc is not do or die affair.
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2011
Dis nysc pipl must be insane.I'm in maiduguri and dis town is on lockdown,the streets are empty,bikes have been banned,very few cars,gunshots every minutes,and you say strangers should come into It that way??definition of madness
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2011
the man is mad

they should sack him with immediate effect

what an eediot
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by ektbear: 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2011
The face of evil:

BRIG.GEN. MAHARAZU ISMAILA TSIGA
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by 9dynasty(m): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2011
^^^ jokes apart there's something really weird about his face sad sad
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2011
It's left for the corpers to decide if they really want to die or not.
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by otokx(m): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2011
Breath of fresh air
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by prodam(m): 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
erayo2GCA:

The NYSC DG is a coward and a bloody boko haram muslim (Brig-Gen. Maharazu I. Tsiga) from the north,  God punish u

too harsh and consequently lacks any message,
how can u identify a boko haram member, please be progressive and patriotic

1 Like

Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by seyibrown(f): 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2011
Since the authorities keep showing us how little they value the lives of Nigerian youth, it is up to those posted to decide whether risking their life is worth an NYSC certificate!
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by CapnCrunch: 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2011
I say those who are serving and where deployed to the North,should Boycott, because you are choosing between life and death
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by Gbenge77(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2011
Would the Nysc provide security for them?
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by sonyvaio(f): 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2011
Until Nigerians learn to organise themselves and speak with one voice, they will never achieve anything!
Where is the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS)?
Where are the various student union presidents of the numerous universities?
Where are all the parents of recent graduates?
Where are the parents of graduates to be?
Where is the minister for Youth and whatever?
Nigerians cannot even petition their representatives in Abuja
What about going through the children of Governors, senators, ministers, commissioners, Permanent secretaries, special advisers who are our friends and have access to decision makers
There are millions of Nigerian youths on facebook and twitter yet they cannot come together with one voice
Do you think the Tahir square revolution happened with each Egyptian demonstrating on his own?

What I know is that this guy (Tsiga) no send you at all

Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by solayemi(m): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2011
how do you expect the DG to attend to them when he is from the north. dem no value human life or education.if na cow make request the guy no go dey with response.idiot
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by pereze: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2011
prodam:

too harsh and consequently lacks any message,
how can u identify a boko haram member, please be progressive and patriotic

Quite your mouth there, can't you read the hand writing on the way? If this is really a ploy, am sure it's not going to work! Unfortunately, the AVERAGE Nigerian graduate is self centred. If not I don't see why this NYSC or whatever should continue without things being sorted out first.
Please, boycott Northern states for your own good! It is clear that the NYSC DG is as clueless as ever on what to do. The best they can do is to attend funerals, but that will not happen if you guys act wisely. NYSC, mmmmmmmmttttttttttttcccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by keni: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2011
cold:

NYSC rejects corps members’ request for reposting

Requests of scores of members of the National Youth Service Corps scheme, who wanted their deployment to Borno changed, were turned down by the national secretariat of the scheme yesterday in Abuja.

Most of the youth corps members came from the southern part of the country to seek redeployment to other states they considered safe.

The gates of the secretariat were locked, while an officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that the national headquarters had stopped granting concessionary posting.

The source stated that postings would now be handled by state coordinators.

In a statement which expatiated on the posting, the NYSC said “in the wake of the recent post-election disturbances, the Director-General waived all due process to expedite action on relocation requests’’.

This line of action appeared to have encouraged other youth corps members from all the 36 States and the FCT to daily flood the D-G’s office seeking relocation for flimsy of reasons, the statement noted.

[size=24pt]NYSC members wishing to be redeployed from Borno, Jigawa, Taraba, Imo and Bauchi states were attended to on Monday[/size].

However, any corps member who declines to report at the posting state before midnight on Thursday will have to repeat his or her service year, according to the statement. (NAN)

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22602:nysc-rejects-corps-members-request-for-reposting&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

Ladies and gentlemen If the statement in bold is true, then what exactly are we accusing the NYSC dude of?
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by Piedpiper(m): 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2011
See the emboldened part of the report before you blame the DG of NYSC. Read before you comment , please!
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by SuperDan1: 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2011
Why on earth should NYSC be posting innocent graduates to turbulent areas considering how youth corpers where massacred during the recent post election violence in the north.Sometimes i keep wondering if the life of these youths really mean anything to this man that calls himself DG.
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by cvibe: 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2011
This time around, NYSC in the North is not by force.
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by DrLuv: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
the whole purpose of the NYSC programme has been defeated.we have all lost sight of the goals and objectives a long time ago yet the government refuses to see the truth in this and stop it.it's a routine tradition that has done more harm than good.I can't imagine a youth living on just 9k for a month in the land of the unknown exposed to the risks of being mugged,raped,kidnapped,killed and even mutilated by agents that work for some big guns in the country.I still wonder why GEJ is afraid to scrap the thing
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by emmykpes(m): 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2011
For those who want to die can go to death zones of the country.What do u need the nysc cert. for ,this is the country where there are no jobs in the government offices ,if there is it is for the children of the few IDIOTS grin. To be frank with you all (coppers) how many well to do Nigerians are using their NYSC cert.?Be wise all of you ,by-court this service batch and go back to your school request to join the next batch in October OR better still apply for exception from the NYSC program give them fleshy excuses if u so much need it for any thing in the future. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!   undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided  
   No more complains cry  .
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by aikuda(m): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2011
@sonyvaio
You ask very important questions. The answer to your questions of the inability of Nigerians to organize is that we are very good at complaining, but we are bad at mustering effective solutions. Just look at NL, this is supposed to be platform for more or less educated youths, but what do you get from most of us when issues are raised for discussion- insults, display of tribal sentiments and blind religiosity.

I will suggest that affected NYSC members to go to court and try their luck. I am sure there will prominent lawyers who would want to take their case up. Everyone know they are more likely to be killed as corp members in Borno state. I hope they fight this injustice.
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by yinchar(m): 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2011
sonyvaio:

Until Nigerians learn to organise themselves and speak with one voice, they will never achieve anything!
Where is the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS)?
Where are the various student union presidents of the numerous universities?
Where are all the parents of recent graduates?
Where are the parents of graduates to be?
Where is the minister for Youth and whatever?
Nigerians cannot even petition their representatives in Abuja
What about going through the children of Governors, senators, ministers, commissioners, Permanent secretaries, special advisers who are our friends and have access to decision makers
There are millions of Nigerian youths on facebook and twitter yet they cannot come together with one voice
Do you think the Tahir square revolution happened with each Egyptian demonstrating on his own?

What I know is that this guy (Tsiga) no send you at all

And also Where are the South West, South South, and South East GOVERNORS, ?
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by deadie(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2011
This mo.ron from Fika, Yobe State is an i.diot for posting corp members to Maiduguri. Frankly, redeployment or no redeployment, any Southerner who goes to Maiduguri, at this time in the name of serving Nigeria does not value his or her life. I wouldn't venture to Bauchi or Maiduguri at this time for whatever reason. Tsiga can rot in hell.
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2011
Why do they have to put an aboki as the DG of the NYSC? tongue.These abokis hardly think with their brain lipsrsealed
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by MMM2(m): 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2011
Fu-ck nysc
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by Exponental(m): 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2011
y send young promising youths to a suicide mission with compulsion?

Tsiga don smoke wetin pass Siga.
Re: Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment by sonyvaio(f): 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2011
I met a young corp member who was bragging about how he influenced his posting to Lagos,
with 150K, blah blah blah, Fine, you can save yourself.
What about friends who cannot afford that?
what about relatives who get posted to Boko Haram states?
what about coursemates?
neighbours nko?
If individuals keep saving themselves, the evils confronting us will not go away!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) / 20 Things You Must Not Forget To Take To Nysc Orientation Camp / Nysc Stream 2 New Time Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.