Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase (1376 Views)

The Complete Javascript Course 2022: Zero To Expert / Which Is The Best Javascript Framework To Learn For Frontend / Am Giving Out Free 3 Months HTML /CSS And Javascript Course. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by Silas6(m): 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
Greetings great people of nairaland. I want to start learning JavaScript since I already have some knowledge on both HTML and CSS.

The problem is this — I searched Udemy courses and I noticed there are so many JavaScript tutorials with Great reviews by different tutors.

I know that it's not all of them that'd be worth the time, some tutorials are just too long . Imagine spending more than 22hrs on just one video!

What I want from you is your suggestions on good JavaScript tutors and their tutorial videos that's tailored for beginners and not boring since most of them are long videos?
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by BlackSan: 6:37am On Apr 23, 2022
Silas6:
Greetings great people of nairaland. I want to start learning JavaScript since I already have some knowledge on both HTML and CSS.

The problem is this — I searched Udemy courses and I noticed there are so many JavaScript tutorials with Great reviews by different tutors.

I know that it's not all of them that'd be worth the time, some tutorials are just too long . Imagine spending more than 22hrs on just one video!

What I want from you is your suggestions on good JavaScript tutors and their tutorial videos that's tailored for beginners and not boring since most of them are long videos?

Check out ALX JavaScript course. They're partnering with Udacity and it's free. But you better register on time before it closes.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by Natjojo: 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
I think you have money.
Please don't spend your money buying course rather save to be able to get a certificate.
Take advantage of free courses.
Freecodecamp org
W3school
Etcs
Remember you don't need to learn how to code but learn how to program.
1. Know the fundamentals
2. Learn to solve problems
3. Practice as much as you can
I don't know how you started and the path you followed.

How I learned programing.

I started with python using code academy free course on python2 it's been long ago, currently python3 is the current version. I did python for 3months and I loved it. My first project I wrote a program using python, selenium and pretty table to scrape the web and automat Instagram followers,.

I loved betting so I came up with a betting strategy and used python to write a program for my betting. I passed my knowledge to python and python did it the way I wanted using my betting knowledge. I used python to scrape data from flashscore, compared the matches and returned what I needed.
I loved how easy it made my betting because I don't have the time to manually open flashscore on a web browser and go through all the matches because some days like weekends there will be over thousands of matches and I can't go through each one after the other.

When I was using python to scrape the web I was having a lot of problems locating elements on a Dom
So I decided to learn about HTML from YouTube free videos.
HTML is the easiest language I have seen maybe is because is markup language.

I did HTML a day and I built a web page same day, I kept practicing
I learned CSS.
Then JavaScript, JavaScript was very easy for me to understand because I know basics of programing from python.

Then I know I had alot of basic knowledge and that was how I learned sql, Django and flask.

When I started out my main dream was to be a hacker, to be able to break-in webapps, devices and network but I thought it will be easier for me to first learn how this things are built then I can break it.

Currently I have a full-time job as a frontend developer with dhl France.

I still want to go into cyber security and I have been learning as well and the most important thing I have noticed from cyber security course is that I made the right decision by learning how to program.

Even if you intend to be just a frontend developer try to gain some knowledge on cyber security for you to know the kind of flaw's and bugs on your code.
eg I never know sql commands could be run from a search bar or comment section eg FROM ? SELECT ? FROM news;
A website that don't validator inputs before making request is likely to fall for sql injection

Finally practice, when you get stuck chill and Google about it. Use stack overflow, GitHub and educational platforms to your advantage.

Apps Dev ops don't like

1. Tiktok
2. Instagram
3. Badoo
All non educational platforms

Best educational sites for IT pros
1. Stack overflow
2. GitHub
3. YouTube
Etc

Use more of educational sites and apps.
For you to succeed you need sacrifices, be able to spend time coding and learning to new tech and in no time it will be part of you.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by Silas6(m): 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
Natjojo:
I think you have money.
Please don't spend your money buying course rather save to be able to get a certificate.
Freecodecamp org
W3school
Etcs
1. Know the fundamentals

I started with python using code academy free course on python2 it's been long ago, currently python3 is the current version. I did python for 3months and I loved it. My first project I wrote a program using python, selenium and pretty table to scrape the web and automat Instagram followers,.

I loved betting so I came up with a betting strategy and used python to write a program for my betting. I passed my knowledge to python and python did it the way I wanted using my betting knowledge. I used python to scrape data from flashscore, compared the matches and returned what I needed.
I loved how easy it made my betting because I don't have the time to manually open flashscore on a web browser and go through all the matches because some days like weekends there will be over thousands of matches and I can't go through each one after the other.

When I was using python to scrape the web I was having a lot of problems locating elements on a Dom

I learned CSS.
Then JavaScript, JavaScript was very easy for me to understand because I know basics of programing from python.

Then I know I had alot of basic knowledge and that was how I learned sql, Django and flask.

When I started out my main dream was to be a hacker, to be able to break-in webapps, devices and network but I thought it will be easier for me to first learn how this things are built then I can break it.

I still want to go into cyber security and I have been learning as well and the most important thing I have noticed from cyber security course is that I made the right decision by learning how to program.

Even if you intend to be just a frontend developer try to gain some knowledge on cyber security for you to know the kind of flaw's and bugs on your code.
eg I never know sql commands could be run from a search bar or comment section eg FROM ? SELECT ? FROM news;
A website that don't validator inputs before making request is likely to fall for sql injection

Finally practice, when you get stuck chill and Google about it. Use stack overflow, GitHub and educational platforms to your advantage.

Apps Dev ops don't like

1. Tiktok
2. Instagram
3. Badoo

1. Stack overflow
2. GitHub
3. YouTube
Etc

For you to succeed you need sacrifices, be able to spend time coding and learning to new tech and in no time it will be part of you.

Thanks for your insight.

Does it mean I can get everything I need online, no need of buying the courses?

It's actually someone that offered to buy it for me.
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by Silas6(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
BlackSan:

Check out ALX JavaScript course. They're partnering with Udacity and it's free. But you better register on time before it closes.

Thanks. I will check them out.

It seems they're into many things, do you have the link to the particular offer?
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by gbigbega: 11:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
I advice you get the Udemy course if you can. Many of the courses on YouTube are unstructured and will leave gaps in your knowledge of the technology. Udemy Courses are well structured and does not leave gaps like videos from YouTube. If you don't have the means, you can use YouTube but if you have then go ahead and follow a structured and more comprehensive training course as offered by Udemy. I have loads of Udemy course I purchase. The good thing about it is that it is for life. You can always go back to it. Many Udemy creators also update their course as soon as a new version comes out and you will not have to pay for those upgrades because you already purchased the course perpetually.
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by Silas6(m): 12:51am On Apr 24, 2022
gbigbega:
I advice you get the Udemy course if you can. Many of the courses on YouTube are unstructured and will leave gaps in your knowledge of the technology. Udemy Courses are well structured and does not leave gaps like videos from YouTube. If you don't have the means, you can use YouTube but if you have then go ahead and follow a structured and more comprehensive training course as offered by Udemy. I have loads of Udemy course I purchase. The good thing about it is that it is for life. You can always go back to it. Many Udemy creators also update their course as soon as a new version comes out and you will not have to pay for those upgrades because you already purchased the course perpetually.

Okay thanks.
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by Natjojo: 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
Silas6:

Thanks for your insight.

As a beginner I'll start from free courses, programing is too wide that you can't cover all with just one course.

How many courses can you afford to buy ?
Learn basics of programing and start a project. Try to build something on that language you are learning.

There free courses on YouTube that are worth more than paid.

Look for videos that has millions of views.
Subscriber to channels that has millions of subscribers.

I suggest freecodecampacademy and
W3school

Those two will provide you with everything you need.

Instead of buying course subscribe to codeacademy and they create a path for you to fellow and you will also get a certificate at the end of every course.

YouTube channels that will give you some insight. David bombell, network Chuck, free code camp.

David bombell had a video earlier this year that talked about IT in general but I can't leave the link here, just open YouTube and search for David bombell open his playlist and the 1st video for 2022 is a very great for newbies.

Good luck
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by BlackSan: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
Silas6:

Thanks for your insight.

Yes!!!
They're many free courses online but a lot times, people are not well informed. I will try getting the link of JavaScript from ALX Africa for you.
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by BlackSan: 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
Silas6:

Thanks. I will check them out.

It seems they're into many things, do you have the link to the particular offer?

Also check out W3school
I had my doubts until I checked them out. They're explain even the most little detail.
Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by Izusam: 6:35am On Apr 30, 2022
Silas6:

Go for the long videos bro ... You'll get every information you need as a beginner
And it's not a must to complete it at once. You take your time
When you're done, you can now download ebooks and study them while building projects

There's no shortcuts to learning these stuffs

In case you decide to go for Udemy course in the future, then buy Jonas Schmedtmann JavaScript course. He's the best on Udemy

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase by SIawomir: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2022
Natjojo:
I think you have money.
Freecodecamp org
W3school
Etcs
1. Know the fundamentals

I learned CSS.

Apps Dev ops don't like

1. Tiktok
2. Instagram
3. Badoo

1. Stack overflow
2. GitHub
3. YouTube
Etc

Thanks for this valuable insight boss, please how long did it take you to learn?

(1) (Reply)

Need Help On Javascript Issue. / How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought / Photos: World Class Android Music Player Created By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.