Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Latest Fraud Happening In UBA Douglas Road, Owerri Right Now. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Latest Fraud Happening In UBA Douglas Road, Owerri Right Now. (644 Views)

Nigerian Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Murder Of Shaun-Douglas Chabalala / P.O.S Latest Fraud / Prostitute Runs Mad In Owerri, Along Douglas Road, Strips Herself Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Latest Fraud Happening In UBA Douglas Road, Owerri Right Now. by kingsoncj: 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
I am a student studying abroad, things has been tough and not easy. i just managed to save up some dollars to send to my parents in the village but it saddens me by the height of fraud happening in UBA bank (34, Douglas Road, Owerri, Imo) which is supposed to be a place of financial safety and security. I sent a sum of 150 dollars to my sick parents via world remit just last week, but surprisingly, my mum was only given 100 dollars and was told that the other 50 dollars has an invalid ref number. I contacted worldremit out of curiosity, but was informed that the 50 dollars was picked up a few hours after 100 dollars was paid to my mum by someone else.. world remit sent me the receipt of the payment clearly showing the signature of someone else. This fraud must have been committed by one of their staff. How on earth was this possible?
i need your advice as i am in pains now..

op, please make this hit FP
Re: The Latest Fraud Happening In UBA Douglas Road, Owerri Right Now. by buttlover(m): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
I don't know why I am still in this country
Re: The Latest Fraud Happening In UBA Douglas Road, Owerri Right Now. by obyrich(m): 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2022
kingsoncj:
I am a student studying abroad, things has been tough and not easy. i just managed to save up some dollars to send to my parents in the village but it saddens me by the height of fraud happening in UBA bank (34, Douglas Road, Owerri, Imo) which is supposed to be a place of financial safety and security. I sent a sum of 150 dollars to my sick parents via world remit just last week, but surprisingly, my mum was only given 100 dollars and was told that the other 50 dollars has an invalid ref number. I contacted worldremit out of curiosity, but was informed that the 50 dollars was picked up a few hours after 100 dollars was paid to my mum by someone else.. world remit sent me the receipt of the payment clearly showing the signature of someone else. This fraud must have been committed by one of their staff. How on earth was this possible?
i need your advice as i am in pains now..

op, please make this hit FP

Kindly contact the bank. This is a clear case of fraud perpetrated by the person who paid your mum.

1 Like

Re: The Latest Fraud Happening In UBA Douglas Road, Owerri Right Now. by vb0mb(m): 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
Send a mail to the bank customer service. Copy EFCC, CPC and NDIC.
Re: The Latest Fraud Happening In UBA Douglas Road, Owerri Right Now. by Ekejoestar(m): 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
Contact the bank, or take the matter to Twitter and drag them tagging CBN, NFIU, NPF, EFCC
Re: The Latest Fraud Happening In UBA Douglas Road, Owerri Right Now. by dfrost: 9:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
Op, my advice to you is this: there are banks, third-party transfer agents that can assist you in sending/paying money to your parents and relatives back home.

Right now, the whole country is à ticking bomb. Crime is rife here and there. It can be up to the extent of tracing your mum home and stealing from your folks.

Be careful, and I mean very careful. Shalom brother.
Re: The Latest Fraud Happening In UBA Douglas Road, Owerri Right Now. by kingsoncj: 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
vb0mb:
Send a mail to the bank customer service. Copy EFCC, CPC and NDIC.

I already did
Re: The Latest Fraud Happening In UBA Douglas Road, Owerri Right Now. by kingsoncj: 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
dfrost:
Op, my advice to you is this: there are banks, third-party transfer agents that can assist you in sending/paying money to your parents and relatives back home.

Right now, the whole country is à ticking bomb. Crime is rife here and there. It can be up to the extent of tracing your mum home and stealing from your folks.

Be careful, and I mean very careful. Shalom brother.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Bitcoin Flashing / Old Muslim Kidnapped 15yr Old Christian Girl, Forced Her To Marry Him / Nigeria Army In A Serious Gun Battle With Boko Haram And Iswap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.